Maine thread (cont) - Hobey Abbott goes Dancing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maine thread (cont) - Hobey Abbott goes Dancing

Did Swavely mean to hit Bates in the head? No. Did he hit him in the head? Yes. If he had kept his hands down he would have been fine, but once that arm came up...

Big game tonight.

Re: Maine thread (cont) - Hobey Abbott goes Dancing

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
    Did Swavely mean to hit Bates in the head? No. Did he hit him in the head? Yes. If he had kept his hands down he would have been fine, but once that arm came up...

Big game tonight.
    So 2 questions tonight. Can Maine come out with the same intensity and pot the first one to build some momentum, which would be nice. Think the Mack will come out and try and dictate tempo early as it is do or die for them. But if Maine can counter punch and withstand the early pressure it could demoralize them. That was a Maine team they have not seen they were up against last night. What was nice was the confidence Maine played with.

Have to wonder if we will see Cerretani tonight instead of Swavely. You figure that MC could be taking some runs at Swavely as a result of his hit on Bates. Maine will need to keep there composure tonight regardless the score, but especially if they kep up by a couple and the Mack resorts to the cheap ways of the past.

Another 60 minute effort should have us headed to the Garden and the NCAA tournament which is something I did not think I'd be typing this season!

Go Blue!

Comment

We'll see. I say put Swavely in, and take advantage of the penalties MC tries. Lord knows, he was not intentional in that hit.

But the MC goalie is good, a repeat of last night's head-on attack is needed, or we'll go into Sunday. Lose this game, Fire Whitehead

What I liked was when MC lost its scrappiness when it was 1 goal behind. Get a couple of goals ahead, then you can take Swavely out for his protection, MC being MC.

Comment

Is "Hobey Abbott" related to "Hobey Nyquist"?
        Originally posted by reBlur
        the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
          No, but he is related to Hobey Kariya and Hobey Pellerin.

Comment

No...he's a distant relative of "Hobey Carmichael" !
            It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
              no, but he IS related to Hobe Gerbe, Hobey Gionta, and because he has never run a goalie or broken his own neck in a hockey game, he is not related to Peaves

Comment

I believe that Dennehy (sp?) will have his team prepared to play disciplined to start. If either team goes up by 2, then the chippyness will return. Swavely or Cerratani,I like both. Obviously Swaves doesn't mind throwing his weight around. D@mn! I LOVE playoff hockey!

Comment

Originally posted by BobF View Post
                  So 2 questions tonight. Can Maine come out with the same intensity and pot the first one to build some momentum, which would be nice. Think the Mack will come out and try and dictate tempo early as it is do or die for them. But if Maine can counter punch and withstand the early pressure it could demoralize them. That was a Maine team they have not seen they were up against last night. What was nice was the confidence Maine played with.

Have to wonder if we will see Cerretani tonight instead of Swavely. You figure that MC could be taking some runs at Swavely as a result of his hit on Bates. Maine will need to keep there composure tonight regardless the score, but especially if they kep up by a couple and the Mack resorts to the cheap ways of the past.

Another 60 minute effort should have us headed to the Garden and the NCAA tournament which is something I did not think I'd be typing this season!

Go Blue!
                  I agree with all of this. I don't think Tim will send a punishment message to Jon Swavely by not starting him. It was not intentional. Fantastic college hockey game last night, a defensive battle and I expect more of the same tonight. Go Black Bears!!

Comment

Originally posted by KnowItAll View Post
                    no, but he IS related to Hobe Gerbe, Hobey Gionta, and because he has never run a goalie or broken his own neck in a hockey game, he is not related to Peaves
                    Luckily he hasn't tried to pick up "Hobey Jennajennajenna2004" on the internet either!
                    Originally posted by reBlur
                    the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Website indicates only 22 unobstructed view seats in the lower bowl are left for tonight's game. There are 198 tickets left for AA-DD and LL-NN. Section OO is sold out.

Comment

Priceless did you really count the empty seats in each section to come up with that #??? Section OO was sold out last nite has Merrimac had their students there. We need to be terrible hosts and drown out what little noise they made. Although they were able to do the "Sullivan you suck" chant when he gave up his only goal. Was always so impressed that UMaine students don't stoop to that stupid chant but we got to hear Merrimack do it in our house. Now lets send them back to N. Andover MA tonite without doing that chant

Comment

Originally posted by CenMEBlackBearFan View Post
                          Priceless did you really count the empty seats in each section to come up with that #??? Section OO was sold out last nite has Merrimac had their students there. We need to be terrible hosts and drown out what little noise they made. Although they were able to do the "Sullivan you suck" chant when he gave up his only goal. Was always so impressed that UMaine students don't stoop to that stupid chant but we got to hear Merrimack do it in our house. Now lets send them back to N. Andover MA tonite without doing that chant
                          As a matter of fact I did. I have way too much free time I question how accurate the site is though, since there are now 26 seats available in the lower bowl, even though several sections have now sold out entirely.

I was wondering what section Merrimack had booked...Melissa Kim from WLBZ said they were pretty rude, considering what the admission standards are for that school

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                            As a matter of fact I did. I have way too much free time I question how accurate the site is though, since there are now 26 seats available in the lower bowl, even though several sections have now sold out entirely.

I was wondering what section Merrimack had booked...Melissa Kim from WLBZ said they were pretty rude, considering what the admission standards are for that school
                            People can 'reserve' tickets but not end up buying them. That probably is why there were more when you looked again.

It will be interesting to see what kind of fight Merrimack puts up tonight. Their season has really gone off the rails the last couple of months. They probably should fire the coach
                            Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                            Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Go Blue!
                              bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
                              SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
                              All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
                              A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

Working...
                              X