X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine thread (cont) - Hobey Abbott goes Dancing

Originally posted by walrus View Post
    Its Jackie and the refs vs Timmay, BU has it in the bag
    I'm going to take some serious stick for saying this, but assuming we are safe for the NCAA's this wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. If Maine makes the final it will mean five games in nine days. On top of that they will have to travel back from Boston and to wherever a few days later. I think a day of practice/rest would be better than another game at this point. I should point out that I care about the NCAA's much more than I do about the hockey east tournament.
    Originally posted by BobbyBrady
    Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
      I'm going to take some serious stick for saying this, but assuming we are safe for the NCAA's this wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. If Maine makes the final it will mean five games in nine days. On top of that they will have to travel back from Boston and to wherever a few days later. I think a day of practice/rest would be better than another game at this point. I should point out that I care about the NCAA's much more than I do about the hockey east tournament.
      Right, but losing to BU could get them sent out West, and winning the tournament would most likely keep them in the East somewhere.

Comment

C'mon up for the rising.

Oh yeah, and by the way, I have it on good authority that KnowItAll is a d-bag.

Wally just makes the cut. LOL

Comment

I'm not sure that we're safe for the NCAA tournament if we lose to BU. Losing to BU would put us at 13 in the pairwise if all the higher seeds win, but there might be scenarios where a team or two would move up in the pairwise and push us down. Then, if a couple of unranked teams win their conference tournaments, we could wind up on the outside looking in.

Comment

Do you think any player with a competitive bone in their body cares about 5 games in 9 days? There's no better practice for the NCAAs than playing two top teams, back to back nights, in front of a big crowd, with something on the line. And if your compete level is such that you'd prefer one extra day of rest over an opportunity to win every single thing you can get your hands on, then it's probably a moot point because your mental toughness isn't strong enough to keep up with a serious run at the NCAAs...especially if you aspire to play a higher league of hockey post NCAA.

I hope like crazy there isn't one Black Bear player who agrees with your assessment!

Comment

Originally posted by figure8
              Where is everyone meeting pre-game (PUB) in Boston this weekend................?
              Originally posted by lkenney View Post
              THE GREATEST BAR, close to Garden
              on friend street... if you are facing causeway street with the garden to your back canal is on the other side of causeway one block to the left
              Last edited by gscott13; 03-13-2012, 10:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by gscott13 View Post
                on canal street... if you are facing causeway street with the garden to your back canal is on the other side of causeway to the left
                Isn't it on Friend Street?

Comment

Originally posted by TripleE View Post
                  Isn't it on Friend Street?
                  gah... you're right... i'll fix my post...

i always confuse it with hurricane o'reillys...
                  Last edited by gscott13; 03-13-2012, 10:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by gscott13 View Post
                    gah... you're right... i'll fix my post...
                    Maybe I missed this: But what's the prime time for this pregame event. I know they usually have the band and a few folks speaking. Any idea when this is going down? I'd like to go to at least some of game 1, but it'd be great to do both.

Comment

Maybe I missed this: But what's the prime time for this pregame event. I know they usually have the band and a few folks speaking. Any idea when this is going down? I'd like to go to at least some of game 1, but it'd be great to do both.
                      no idea... i typically belly up at The Fours and then head in for both games...

Comment

Do you think any player with a competitive bone in their body cares about 5 games in 9 days? There's no better practice for the NCAAs than playing two top teams, back to back nights, in front of a big crowd, with something on the line. And if your compete level is such that you'd prefer one extra day of rest over an opportunity to win every single thing you can get your hands on, then it's probably a moot point because your mental toughness isn't strong enough to keep up with a serious run at the NCAAs...especially if you aspire to play a higher league of hockey post NCAA.

I hope like crazy there isn't one Black Bear player who agrees with your assessment!
                        Right on...playing and winning is key...staying hot at the right time of the year...on another note: Is there any word on the injury to John Parker..?

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
                          Right on...playing and winning is key...staying hot at the right time of the year...on another note: Is there any word on the injury to John Parker..?
                          No Clue.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't he back out there again before the end of the game?

Comment

No Clue.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't he back out there again before the end of the game?
                            I don't think so, he did skate to the on ice celebration, he was pretty late to it and looked to be be skating kind of lightly?
                            I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by BlackI View Post
                              C'mon up for the rising.

Oh yeah, and by the way, I have it on good authority that KnowItAll is a d-bag.

Wally just makes the cut. LOL
                              One eye.!...iztatchou ??
                              I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
                                Whitehead implied in the hockeyeastonline.com coaches conference call that Parker would be playing on Friday.
                                http://www.hockeyeastonline.com/men/...03/mar13cc.php
                                New Hampshire: only useful for connecting Maine to the rest of the United States.

Comment

Working...
                                X