NCAA Quarterfinal: Wentworth @ Norwich --- Welcome to the 'Wick 3/10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NCAA Quarterfinal: Wentworth @ Norwich --- Welcome to the 'Wick 3/10

Discuss. Little over 48 hours until puck drop!

Game will be video streamed at www.nsnsports.net/norwich
    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
    GO LAKERS!!!
    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
    Oswego State '09

Re: NCAA Quarterfinal: Wentworth @ Norwich --- Welcome to the 'Wick 3/10

Vegas has it the cadets -6, over under 11........Cadets in a cake walk......

Comment

Let's hope we don't approach the 191 PIMs acquired by these two in their last meeting. Should be a good one.....Go Wick!

r

Comment

Originally posted by cetihcra View Post
        Let's hope we don't approach the 191 PIMs acquired by these two in their last meeting. Should be a good one.....Go Wick!

r
        That is one of the things I remember from the last Norwich/Wentworth game is how rough it got and the number of penalties called. Went over Wentworth's last few games and they are averaging about 5-10 per game which is a little on the heavy side. In this game I don't believe with Wentworth will want Norwich to be on the power play a lot since Norwich is very effective with the man advantage. Almost all NCAA playoff games are close so I anticipate this one will be the same.
        2009-2010 Last Person Standing winner
        2009-2010 Interlock LPS winner

Comment

Prez,

Maybe it was tongue in cheek, but do we have to perpetuate that "Wick" thing even in the title of threads?

Comment

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
            Vegas has it the cadets -6, over under 11........Cadets in a cake walk......
            Put me down for Wentworth +6 Under 11?

Freshman goalie for Wentworth has been great last 2 games for them, doesn't seem phased at all playing on a big stage. (i.e. shutout vs Curry in the finals, 1GA vs Plymouth 1st rd). I think he will be able to keep it within 3... Also Wentworth's defense shouldn't be overlooked they've been solid as well.
            Sergei Fedorov, at the conclusion of his final season as a Red Wing.

"I just don't know what to think. I play in Colorado, they tell me they like me, and I get traded. I play in Calgary, and at the end of the season the GM tells me he likes me, and I get traded. I just hope my fiancee doesn't tell me she likes me."

Comment

Originally posted by NEHockeyFan07 View Post
              Put me down for Wentworth +6 Under 11?

Freshman goalie for Wentworth has been great last 2 games for them, doesn't seem phased at all playing on a big stage. (i.e. shutout vs Curry in the finals, 1GA vs Plymouth 1st rd). I think he will be able to keep it within 3... Also Wentworth's defense shouldn't be overlooked they've been solid as well.
              I don't know how Beck looked in the ECAC NE game against Curry but a shutout is certainly a shutout.

He didn't get tested much when I saw him yesterday though so I don't really know much about him. In the final minute of the game he was flopping around when Plymouth had two great scoring chances but couldn't score. He'll certainly be facing the best offense he'll have seen all year on Saturday night though
              GO LAKERS!!!
              "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
              Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by cetihcra View Post

r
                I remember that game all too well and I also remember saying that is the last time McShane schedules them to play. I hope that it will be a good, clean game all around. I hate Goon hockey!
                There is no right way to do the wrong thing. Go Cadets

Comment

Originally posted by 17'sfanNU View Post
                  I remember that game all too well and I also remember saying that is the last time McShane schedules them to play. I hope that it will be a good, clean game all around. I hate Goon hockey!
                  This is about the only way NU will play them for sure. I would assume that if they get out of control they will pay for it on the scoreboard. NU showed a lot of restraint against Castleton's third period "tactics" last week.
                  2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                  2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                  2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                  2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Originally posted by oldguard View Post
                    Prez,

Maybe it was tongue in cheek, but do we have to perpetuate that "Wick" thing even in the title of threads?
                    I agree, it should have been "... Welcome to the 'Bergh 3/10" anyway
                    Larry Normandin
                    SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
                    WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Any Wentworth fans out there willing to give us a scouting report on the Leopards?

Comment

Mine wasn't good enough?
                        GO LAKERS!!!
                        Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                          Mine wasn't good enough?
                          ...with nothing to compare it to...who knows?
                          LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

I just check out out the schedules for both Wentworth and Curry. Curry played a lot of the ECAC W teams plus lost a close game to Oswego 3-1, and Wentworth beat Curry to take the Northeast title. Also Wentworth has wins over Trinity and Bowdoin so they can win against good teams. Although Wentworth's strength of schedule wasn't nearly as good as Curry's it didn't seem to hurt them in the Northeast playoffs. Should be a very competitive quarterfinal.
                            2009-2010 Last Person Standing winner
                            2009-2010 Interlock LPS winner

Comment

Originally posted by LakerEagleLover View Post
                              ...with nothing to compare it to...who knows?
                              I saw it the same way as prez. Of the 17 shots Plymouth had, easily 7 of them were of the dump-it-in-on-the-Goalie and change lines variety. They had two great chances at the end, but they were not saves, they just plain missed the net (some credit rightfully goes to Wentworth's D preventing a lot of shots). There was another flurry in close inthe first period, but he is big enough to block a lot of the net off. And again, the D did decently. Plymouth also did a lot of dump and chase, but wasn't able to get around the D consistantly.
                              Offensively, Wentworth did well on the power play, but Plymouth did a good preventing them from cycling the puck effectively. IMO, they only had 1 really good chance even strength, and that was in the first. Another fair one occurred in the third.
                              Go 'Wick!

Comment

Working...
                              X