HEA QF's: #5 'Mack @ #4 Maine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HEA QF's: #5 'Mack @ #4 Maine

LOL. Diamond embarrassed Maine for shooting a moon, but the Atkinsons didn't embarrass BC for beating up on some young kids? Okey-dokey.
    FWIW... I don't think either example was embarrassing to their programs, just to themselves at the time. Teenage kids make mistakes some times.
    Also FWIW, I'd take a Diamond or Prestin Ryan on my team any time.
    'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Like I said, they got into a fight. Show me what they were convicted of. Furthermore, like I said, there's a big difference between a guy who had a run-in with the cops before college but was never a problem while enrolled, vs holding on to a kid that's been nothing but a punk while enrolled. BC has also had some screwballs, but my point is that they get rid of them immediately, whereas Maine just looks the other way.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
        ...and that's how I know you're a Maine fan.

Comment

LOL. Diamond embarrassed Maine for shooting a moon, but the Atkinsons didn't embarrass BC for beating up on some young kids? Okey-dokey.
          FWIW... I don't think either example was embarrassing to their programs, just to themselves at the time. Teenage kids make mistakes some times.
          This. Thank you for using your head.
          It may be 10 below, Under 5 feet of snow,
          But no matter where we go, WE ALL LOVE ORONO!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BoSox3066 View Post
            The guy who tweeted facemasking was an auto DQ cited a Merrimack player being given a postgame DQ for facemasking earlier in the season.

He later tweeted that he was wrong, the NCAA rulebook does indeed have a 5-min major for facemasking without a DQ, essentially "facewashing." The auto-DQ is supposed to be for dragging a guy down by the mask or jerking the neck/head. Since he didn't get a 10, much less a DQ, it seems the refs meant to assess the first one. He should be the clear tonight.
            It's not a question of whether or not Diamond is a thug - but rather if he plays by the rules. Here are the 2011 rule changes, see #2, section D...technically, facewashing is a major penalty, but in watching 20 or so games this year it has barely been called IMO. But if you look at the video, Diamond not only facewashed Rhett Bly, he pulled on the facemask and disconnected it from the helmet. It's a violation, plain and simple.

http://fs.ncaa.org/Docs/rules/icehoc...ing_report.pdf
            "Get used to this drill, we'll be doing it a lot."
            "Why?"
            "Because the legs feed the wolf, gentlemen..."

Comment

Originally posted by carltonbarrett View Post
              Like I said, they got into a fight. Show me what they were convicted of. Furthermore, like I said, there's a big difference between a guy who had a run-in with the cops before college but was never a problem while enrolled, vs holding on to a kid that's been nothing but a punk while enrolled. BC has also had some screwballs, but my point is that they get rid of them immediately, whereas Maine just looks the other way.
              This is hockey, dude.
              Perhaps you should start following another sport.
              'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

He was arrested, WHILE a student at Maine, albeit one week in. Neither Atkinson ever got in trouble at BC. That's the difference. Again, you can have your own opinion, I just don't wan't guys on my team that will smash someone's face into the boards 10 seconds after they score a goal. Maine and BC are two different animals and that will never change....

Comment

Sure, they got into a fight, not a big deal in my opinion, but did either of them ever do anything to even slightly embarrass the program while enrolled?
                  Joe didn't embarass the program...very few even know anything about it.
                  The "harmless" event took place during the summer-before he even started freshman year.
                  Ever made a mistake, Carlton?

Comment

That's right, we are different animals and thank God!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by bkbrkrbr View Post
                      Joe didn't embarass the program...very few even know anything about it.
                      The "harmless" event took place during the summer-before he even started freshman year.
                      Ever made a mistake, Carlton?
                      My last post on this subject. Diamond may be the greatest player ever at Maine and he may be the sweetest kid in the world, but I have watched enough hockey in my life to know a dirty player when I see one, and like Prestin Ryan before him, he is WITHOUT QUESTION a dirty player. You guys obviously love him and you can have him, he's all yours..

Comment

Warrior---who said it wasn't breaking the rules? People called him a thug, I said he's not a thug he's a skilled kid who makes dumb decisions sometimes.

Carlton---seriously? Been nothing but a punk since enrolled? Again, ON THE ICE doesn't mean you're a punk or a bad seed. He hasn't had a single run in off the ice since he's been "enrolled." The BU crap, that's being a punk. Not racking up some PIMs and scoring goals. Tell it to Scott Hartnell.

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
                        43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
                        104-47-14 (.669) in that time
                        3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

Carlton, Carlton, Carlton...you're angry, man. Time to chill a bit on this kid.
                          As mentioned, he's a player you'd love to have on your team.
                          And BTW, Joe wasn't convicted of anything either

Comment

What did Liscak do anyway? Was it as bad at that attempted murderer PEaves?
                            I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

He was arrested, WHILE a student at Maine, albeit one week in.
                              Since when does school start in July? Fool

Diamond has not been suspended, since he is not actually a student of the university yet. He will go before the athletic director later this week. “Technically he hasn’t signed the code of conduct,” Carr said

Comment

He was arrested, WHILE a student at Maine, albeit one week in. Neither Atkinson ever got in trouble at BC. That's the difference. Again, you can have your own opinion, I just don't wan't guys on my team that will smash someone's face into the boards 10 seconds after they score a goal. Maine and BC are two different animals and that will never change....
                                Congrats Carlton...your the biggest sissy girl on the threads....every team has aggresive players..I like Diamonds game myself.

Comment

Working...
                                X