HEA QF's: #5 'Mack @ #4 Maine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HEA QF's: #5 'Mack @ #4 Maine

I hope lots of yellow shirts show up and bring a ton of noise, maybe, just maybe, it will get some of the fans who sit on the hands and act like they are in church on their feet.

Comment

Originally posted by Pucknut View Post
      I hope lots of yellow shirts show up and bring a ton of noise, maybe, just maybe, it will get some of the fans who sit on the hands and act like they are in church on their feet.
      This is a great move by MC. I've been pushing for student busses to the away games for a while (The Merrimack Vans aren't doing anything better anyway). Regardless of the score at the end of the weekend, MC's students will have been exposed an awesome college hockey environment and hopefully take some lessons into next year's campaign.

Comment

Originally posted by Yuppie Scum View Post
        This is a great move by MC. I've been pushing for student busses to the away games for a while (The Merrimack Vans aren't doing anything better anyway). Regardless of the score at the end of the weekend, MC's students will have been exposed an awesome college hockey environment and hopefully take some lessons into next year's campaign.
        Maybe Lawler is different for HE games but I saw the UConn game, nephew skates for UConn, at your place and the only time there was any noise was after a goal. Place really had no life to it and the 6 piece band might as well stay at home. I know you guys are awesome at home(W-L) but I can't say it is because of the crowd.

The Alfond should be rocking tonite!!!

Below is the link for overview of the game from the Bangor Daily, both goalies complement each other's team.
        Still can't wait for Bigos and Joey to go at it.
        GO BLUE!!!

http://bangordailynews.com/2012/03/0...y-east-series/

Comment

Originally posted by CenMEBlackBearFan View Post
          Maybe Lawler is different for HE games but I saw the UConn game, nephew skates for UConn, at your place and the only time there was any noise was after a goal. Place really had no life to it and the 6 piece band might as well stay at home. I know you guys are awesome at home(W-L) but I can't say it is because of the crowd.

The Alfond should be rocking tonite!!!

Below is the link for overview of the game from the Bangor Daily, both goalies complement each other's team.
          Still can't wait for Bigos and Joey to go at it.
          GO BLUE!!!

http://bangordailynews.com/2012/03/0...y-east-series/
          That was UConn...

As far as the Alfond being rocking, kids on break and from what I've heard they're not anticipating a sell out. I'm not so sure it will be as "homey" as usual.

Merrimack wins in 3 losing game 2.
          Before there was a band there was "the drum guy"

@SalvucciM

Comment

We were on brake last w/e and it worked for us, a sell-out. I anticipate a crowd of 4,000, should still be awful homey. Am interested in how many of your students show as I have never seen more than the token 100 or so that sit in the corner and cheer when the visitors score. Any more noise than that I am sure we will drown it out.
            Maine in 2.

Comment

Gotta love how every homeboy in the arena throws their hand up every time diamond gets breathed on wrongly
              Before there was a band there was "the drum guy"

@SalvucciM

Comment

wow. Maine physically dominated Merrimack all over the ice. Some very chippy play from the Bears. Gotta love that. Reminds me of, well, Merrimack. Seriously though, hope Bates is alright. He looked messed-up coming off the ice.

Comment

Didn't see Swavelys hit but heard it was awful, hope the MC kid is ok. I haven't seen a team with a breakout worse than Maine's for awhile.
                  I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                    Didn't see Swavelys hit but heard it was awful, hope the MC kid is ok. I haven't seen a team with a breakout worse than Maine's for awhile.
                    On tv it looked like the kid ducked into it at the last minute. Would have been high, but around the shoulders high, not on the head high.

Comment

Saw the replay and it didn't look that bad or intentional but we definitley kept the Mack in it with all our penalties. Boy has Sulleys game improved and our defense played better than I can remember. If not for Cannata we win this going away. Great effort and will need another one just like it tomorrow.
                      Hope the Mack students go back and learn some cheers. It was neat to see a section all yellow, OOO, but they really did not make any noise and were a non-factor except for getting our students pumped up.

Comment

Originally posted by CenMEBlackBearFan View Post
                        Saw the replay and it didn't look that bad or intentional but we definitley kept the Mack in it with all our penalties. Boy has Sulleys game improved and our defense played better than I can remember. If not for Cannata we win this going away. Great effort and will need another one just like it tomorrow.
                        Hope the Mack students go back and learn some cheers. It was neat to see a section all yellow, OOO, but they really did not make any noise and were a non-factor except for getting our students pumped up.
                        They probably havent learned how to act outside of their own rink yet
                        Extremely physical game. I think Maine wanted to send a message that no one was going to come into their house and out physical them. The hit on the Merrimack kid looked like it caught him just as he was turning his head into it. Yeah the elbow or shoulder was leading but unfortunate the kid turning unknowingly right into it. No intent to injure, but that kid looked like he got his bell rung good.

Anyway, glad to see a little mean streak in da Bearz.....they've been pussyfooting around for too long. Leave the peashooters home boys and load up the bajookas again tonight. Got em where you want them, now finish it off.

Start the first period tonight just like you played last night and dont even give them a sniff. If they wanna goe toe to toe physically thats fine....we'd be happy with splitting PP time with them.
                        Last edited by acs64; 03-10-2012, 05:30 AM.
                        I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

It was by the far the most physical I've seen Maine play in... Maybe since Prestin Ryan was around. Everyone on the team hit someone,maybe not Spence, Nemec rocked a few guys as did Joey, Flynn got a few in, even Pryor drove someone out of the crease.
                          Sully was rock solid, no panic and he made some good saves in the last 5 minutes. Have to match MC tonight, remember the 2nd UMass game, I'll be POed if Maine rolls over like that
                          I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

I was at last nights game and here are my thoughts/observations:

- The "hit to the head" was a bogus call. The MC kid was bent over/half on his knees. It may have been a hit to the head but his head was at elbow level.

- The refs had it in for Maine. There were so many picky calls against Maine (Mangine in particular, he had 10-12 PIM's) and there were some calls that could have gone against MC that they let go.

- Maine's PP was amazing! The score sheet doesn't reflect it but they held the puck almost the entire time and it was tape-to-tape-to-tape passing.

- As others have said, without Cannata it could have easily been 6-1. I hope he takes a cold shower today to cool down for tonight's game.

- Was really impressed with MC's fan presence, hopefully the Maine student section will be a bit fuller tonight.

- I hope tonight's TV feed will be better than other CW feeds which are glorified webcasts at best...

Comment

Originally posted by rude1979us View Post
                              - The "hit to the head" was a bogus call. The MC kid was bent over/half on his knees. It may have been a hit to the head but his head was at elbow level.
                              You are kidding, right? It was absolutely the right call. Its now called contact to the head and they are rightly trying to eliminate it from the game as much as possible. Doesnt matter where the kids head was, you cannot clean his clock regardless of where it is. That kid got a major concussion out of that hit....he was very groggy getting helped off the ice. Hes probably done for the year. Did Swaverly know his shoulder or elbow would contact his head going through there? Hell no, but that stuff has got to be discouraged wherever and whenever possible.
                              Last edited by acs64; 03-10-2012, 06:58 AM.
                              I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

Originally posted by acs64 View Post
                                Doesnt matter where kids head was, you cannot clean his clock regardless of where it is.
                                So you can just lead every hit with your head down to draw 5 minute majors?

The rule change in 2010-11 says: "To make this rule more clear, any time a player targets the head or neck area of an opponent, it must be a major penalty and a game misconduct penalty at a minimum. This rule is not intended to cover incidental contact or contact with the head that occurs that should be a minor penalty (e.g., unintentional high stick, body check where the contact is initiated at the shoulder or torso, but the follow through makes some contact with the head)."

So by your own admission Swaverly was not "targeting" the head and therefor should have been a minor penalty.

Originally posted by acs64 View Post
                                That kid got a major concussion out of that hit....he was very groggy getting helped off the ice.
                                Injuries can come from clean hits too, true or false?

Comment

Working...
                                X