HEA QF's: #5 'Mack @ #4 Maine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: HEA QF's: #5 'Mack @ #4 Maine

Benedetto and Shea again? After last night? Sweet!

The only thing missing from yesterday's debacle was a national audience. Enter Fox College Sports. Tonight's game may be missing Maine hockey, but it'll have everything else.

Go ahead Black Bears, prove me wrong.
    1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012(!)

Comment

I am nervous about whether the game will be on WPME or not at 7 pm tonight. It still shows "Kate and Leopold," although this link says the 3rd Sunday game would be televised. I've seen WPME back out of UMaine hockey games before... http://bangordailynews.com/2012/03/0...rfinal-series/

"WABI/WPME will air Friday night’s game with the CW and WPME televising Saturday’s game and the Sunday game if necessary."

Hopefully the Kate & Leopold show is a crappy one that not too many people will call in to whine about if WPME shows the game instead.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeypuck View Post
        Interesting that Bunyon and Keenan were sent down 95 after game 1, but Benedetto and Shea are doing back to back games?
        TF F Benedetto and Shea back, what a joke, are you telling me Joe B thought they did a good job last night,
        I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Either that or today's assignment is Joe B's punishment.
          1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012(!)

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
            TF F Benedetto and Shea back, what a joke, are you telling me Joe B thought they did a good job last night,
            What's the over/under on a 3+ hour game tonight? Might as well sit Diamond he won't make it through the 1st period.

Comment

What's the over/under on penalties tonite???
              GO DU !!!

Comment

Drinking game: drink for every whistle!

Assuming the kids can wheel their keg past Mayberry PD successfully.

Comment

Originally posted by Yuppie Scum View Post
                  Drinking game: drink for every whistle!

Assuming the kids can wheel their keg past Mayberry PD successfully.
                  HA! Great idea! Now I'll pass out before the end of the first and save myself the frustration of watching this game!

Comment

Cerretani in for Swavely. Ellis back in for Wills. Those are the line up changes for game 3.

Comment

Predictions?

MC 3-0
                      Before there was a band there was "the drum guy"

@SalvucciM

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeypuck View Post
                        What's the over/under on a 3+ hour game tonight? Might as well sit Diamond he won't make it through the 1st period.
                        Joey penalty within the first 3 minutes, Mangene within 5 minutes. Abbott doesn't take the bait, neither does Flynn

Comment

Originally posted by Salvo1017 View Post
                          Predictions?

MC 3-0
                          Its Timmay time

More pressure on the Maine team? or on Timmay. Lose tonight and it might be bye bye. I'll bet Timmay pulls a nutty if the game is anything like last night

Comment

Maine 3-2.

Comment

More PIM than shots

Comment

Originally posted by sandiegoblkbr View Post
                                Amen! Mainers have the weirdest mentality when it comes to collegiate sports......never seen anything like it anywhere else in the country. Stoic and well-behaved to a fault........but also slightly detached and ho-hum. I guess that only hunting and the weather get people worked up.
                                The atmosphere at the Alfond waned a bit after 93, imo. It turned into a social event. You weren't somebody unless you were seen at the Maine game. It still got deafening during games for quite awhile after those years, but its been slowly declining since then. The students have always been great, but like teams need secondary scoring to be truely successful, the students need secondary cheering. Of course success has a lot to do with crowd participation, so its not surprising home crowds don't cheer as hard as they once did.

Sometimes when I hear folks claiming that "it was so loud" or "the air was electric" and some have no idea what it was like back then. (deep sigh)

Maine Hockey: always longing for the 'good ol days'

Comment

Working...
                                X