HEA QF's: #5 'Mack @ #4 Maine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: HEA QF's: #5 'Mack @ #4 Maine

Sometimes it is, sometimes it isn't. It's been that way for a long time in the York era. There isn't a single consistent crowd in Hockey East that meets what you're looking for. The BC crowd has been very, very good the last few years. As for the BU atmosphere, I know you must be talking about WBA...because there is no atmosphere at Agganis.

Comment

Maine in the 90s/early 2000s was by far the best crowd ever in HE. UNH when the Whit first opened up was good. UVM has a great crowd when they're playing well. Same with Lowell. Providence is by far the most stale crowd. BC is hit or miss, but give credit where credit is due. It's been much better lately. BU misses the WBA as far as a good atmosphere.

Comment

• Originally posted by KnowItAll View Post
        i am with ya.
        I am a little sick of the recent geriatric crowds who ask loud children to quiet down during games... and who get whitehead to turn down the volume on the fog horn
        I agree the crowd is not loud, it's not a sellout anymore and the old timers are nice people but pretty quiet overall. Last few games I went too, I was asked not to clap too loud, don't yell, etc. What's the sense of being there if they just want you to sit on your hands may as well stay home. I still have tixs but refuse to go as long as timmay is coaching! The crowd is so complacent they are happy we are fighting for a trip to Boston? That's a joke...Maine hockey used to mark st paddys day wend in Boston on the calendar as a given.....not with timmay that's a rarity! That's why they need to can him ASAP....he will never lead this team anywhere near a title and anybody who thinks so is smoking all that medical marijuana-oxy that is so prevalent up there!

Comment

It's mildly shocking, although only mildly, that on the day of a #4 v #5 game three match-up that the debate is over student behavior (in particular regards to drinking) and BC fans. Over the first two games we have seen the best and worst both of these teams have to offer. Last night was not without goonish behavior from both teams. That being said, Merrimack carried the play for large stretches especially in the second when Benedetto, to some degree, let them play. If Maine fans want to harp on college kids drinking beer, then I'm on the wrong board. Instead ask why Flynn, Abbott and Diamond felt a need to resort to the LCD, only one night after dominating play. As for tonight's game, I'm excited to see the best line in HE square off for the third time in three nights versus arguable the best goalie and blue line in the HE. Classic immovable object meets unstoppable force, lets hope the zebras try not steal the show again.

Comment

Originally posted by FeartheWarrior View Post
            It's mildly shocking, although only mildly, that on the day of a #4 v #5 game three match-up that the debate is over student behavior (in particular regards to drinking) and BC fans. Over the first two games we have seen the best and worst both of these teams have to offer. Last night was not without goonish behavior from both teams. That being said, Merrimack carried the play for large stretches especially in the second when Benedetto, to some degree, let them play. If Maine fans want to harp on college kids drinking beer, then I'm on the wrong board. Instead ask why Flynn, Abbott and Diamond felt a need to resort to the LCD, only one night after dominating play. As for tonight's game, I'm excited to see the best line in HE square off for the third time in three nights versus arguable the best goalie and blue line in the HE. Classic immovable object meets unstoppable force, lets hope the zebras try not steal the show again.
            very well said!!

Comment

Anybody know who the officials are for tonight's game? How many from the last 2 games?

Comment

Never thought I'd say this, but I hope Bunyon/Keenan are back. Bennedeto stinks. I personally think Gravalesse and Keenan are the two best refs in HE.

Comment

• Originally posted by FeartheWarrior View Post
                  Classic immovable object meets unstoppable force, lets hope the zebras try not steal the show again.
                  If the results are the same as last night, I say refs, feel free to steal the show again lol :-)
                  As everyone knows... there was a crisis, as Justin (MCHOCKEY) went AWOL 4 minutes into the first game... and thankfully he wandered his way to the meet and greet in one piece... listening to Mike (Warrior51) tell this story was *** hilarious...

-Redman after the first night of the HE Tournament(2004).

Comment

Originally posted by MEFANinLA View Post
                    I agree the crowd is not loud, it's not a sellout anymore and the old timers are nice people but pretty quiet overall. Last few games I went too, I was asked not to clap too loud, don't yell, etc. What's the sense of being there if they just want you to sit on your hands may as well stay home. I still have tixs but refuse to go as long as timmay is coaching! The crowd is so complacent they are happy we are fighting for a trip to Boston? That's a joke...Maine hockey used to mark st paddys day wend in Boston on the calendar as a given.....not with timmay that's a rarity! That's why they need to can him ASAP....he will never lead this team anywhere near a title and anybody who thinks so is smoking all that medical marijuana-oxy that is so prevalent up there!
                    Amen! Mainers have the weirdest mentality when it comes to collegiate sports......never seen anything like it anywhere else in the country. Stoic and well-behaved to a fault........but also slightly detached and ho-hum. I guess that only hunting and the weather get people worked up.

Comment

Originally posted by irishfan85 View Post
                      Never thought I'd say this, but I hope Bunyon/Keenan are back. Bennedeto stinks. I personally think Gravalesse and Keenan are the two best refs in HE.
                      With the way things are going, we'd probably get Piotrowski tonight lol That would sink Maine.

Comment

McMahon of the Eagle Tribune is reporting no suspensions tonight per league official.

http://themackreport.com/2012/03/11/...rimack-game-3/
                        Before there was a band there was "the drum guy"

@SalvucciM

Comment

The only thing about the booze is MC sponsored and subsidized the trip, so god forbid someone overdoes it and gets hurt or is underage, MC is on the hook. Norton made it seem like the football coach was supervising the trip.

Personally, as a fan, I don't give a hoot what they do, but in today's climate if MC isn't aware/concerned about the liability....

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
                          43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
                          104-47-14 (.669) in that time
                          3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

Originally posted by Salvo1017 View Post
                            McMahon of the Eagle Tribune is reporting no suspensions tonight per league official.

http://themackreport.com/2012/03/11/...rimack-game-3/
                            Interesting that Bunyon and Keenan were sent down 95 after game 1, but Benedetto and Shea are doing back to back games?

Comment

And this "The officiating crew, as assigned by Hockey East, will be the same crew that worked Game 2. Tim Benedetto and Kevin Shea are the referees and Chris Aughe and Marc Sullivan are the linesmen."

Comment

Another penalty-filled family event tonight. Whee.

Comment

Working...
                                X