ECAC Championship Weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ECAC Championship Weekend

Are you kidding me? According to INCH First Shift - Bench Minor there is currently no planned TV coverage from Atlantic City. It's no wonder the league can't ever gain any respect. Making people pay for a substandard internet feed is exactly how I would go about promoting the league's showcase weekend.
    Quinnipiac Bobcats
    2023 National Champions
    ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
    ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
    East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
    Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
    Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
    Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Re: ECAC Championship Weekend

Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
    Are you kidding me? According to INCH First Shift - Bench Minor there is currently no planned TV coverage from Atlantic City. It's no wonder the league can't ever gain any respect. Making people pay for a substandard internet feed is exactly how I would go about promoting the league's showcase weekend.
    I can't speak to the lack of TV, but I can speak to the streaming.

There will be a formal announcement later this week, but RPI TV will be producing all four games at the ECAC Championship. Games will be of typical RPI TV quality (see any game in my signature below), featuring 4-5 cameras, scoreboard with penalty timers, multi-angle instant replays, and expert commentary. We are working with America One to make sure the live broadcast will look as good as the HD coverage available on our website. We're always looking for feedback and suggestions, so feel free to contact us during the game at sports@rpitv.org with any comments. I'll also be reading the game threads and reacting to feedback, as I will be the Producer of all four games and will have direct control over the content.

Games will also be posted on our website for free starting the week after the Championship.
    Last edited by RHamilton; 03-06-2012, 07:49 PM.
    RPI Class of 2012
    Visit rpitv.org to watch almost every RPI Hockey home game LIVE, as well as a huge collection of on demand games from this season and seasons past, all for FREE!

Comment

Originally posted by RHamilton View Post
      RPI TV will be producing all four games at the ECAC Championship. Games will be of typical RPI TV quality (see any game in my signature below), featuring 4-5 cameras, scoreboard with penalty timers, multi-angle instant replays, and expert commentary. We are working with America One to make sure the live broadcast will look as good as the HD coverage available on our website.
      That's great news! At least the quality will be better than I've seen with normal game feeds, but still... I just think that the championship weekend should be televised.
      Quinnipiac Bobcats
      2023 National Champions
      ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
      ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
      East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
      Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
      Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
      Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

There will be a formal announcement later this week, but RPI TV will be producing all four games at the ECAC Championship. Games will be of typical RPI TV quality (see any game in my signature below), featuring 4-5 cameras, scoreboard with penalty timers, multi-angle instant replays, and expert commentary. We are working with America One to make sure the live broadcast will look as good as the HD coverage available on our website. We're always looking for feedback and suggestions, so feel free to contact us during the game at sports@rpitv.org with any comments. I'll also be reading the game threads and reacting to feedback, as I will be the Producer of all four games and will have direct control over the content.

Games will also be posted on our website for free starting the week after the Championship.
        Congratulations to you and RPITV on getting being asked to do that-it's really fantastic. As a student I'm usually at games, but I love being able to re-watch them after the weekend for a goal or play I didn't quite catch live. And now that I'm on co-op it's even nicer to have RPITV! I haven't ever used the America One streaming, but I've heard they tend to broadcast your high-quality coverage at a lower resolution. Good to hear that you're working with them on fixing that-if RPI ends up in Atlantic City, I'll probably take advantage of it!

Comment

Congratulations. Do you know who will be providing the commentary?
          Last edited by Ralph Baer; 03-06-2012, 10:19 PM.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
            Congratulations. Do you know who will be providing the commentary?
            I'm not sure yet, it's being handled by ECAC. It sounds to me like it's going to vary game-to-game.
            RPI Class of 2012
            Visit rpitv.org to watch almost every RPI Hockey home game LIVE, as well as a huge collection of on demand games from this season and seasons past, all for FREE!

Comment

Good luck with the broadcast, thats a great opportunity for the RPI TV folks to show America One how it should be done. Nothing against your broadcast, but I hope to have a reason to witness the games first hand.
              YALE HOCKEY
              2013 National Champions

Comment

The NHL Network has picked up the ECAC Tourney a few of the last few years...

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
                  Good luck with the broadcast, thats a great opportunity for the RPI TV folks to show America One how it should be done. Nothing against your broadcast, but I hope to have a reason to witness the games first hand.
                  Seeing as how for the Freakout, Time Warner didn't even send a crew to HFH (aside from Tim Heiman, Kevin Broad, and a couple of simulcast producers to send RPI-TV's feed out to the airwaves), I don't see why America One shouldn't take their advice.

Comment

I already posted this on eLynah in regards to not having both so I'll repost here:

I don't think it's unreasonable to have both though. Both have their advantages; streaming can be done regardless of location and cable providers available; cable has the advantage of not being at the mercy of lag and streaming quality. And it's not like we want it on ESPN or anything, just some podunk regional channel that some bar nearby with a good package has a chance of getting.

But to not have both, frankly, is another thing that is turning the ECAC into an also-ran. It's a **** poor performance by those in charge of the conference.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                    iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                    gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                    Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                    Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                    TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                    DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

It's official: http://www.rpitv.org/news_updates/11...-championships

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
                        According to the press release, just watch their broadcast after the fact.

Comment

Less than 24 hours to go for the following contestants to get their pick in

allnightwong
                          apple2k
                          cnor79
                          critsports
                          css228
                          Havasu M
                          hockeyplayer1015
                          johnk
                          KnucklePuckCU
                          Maine-iac
                          REDaero91
                          REDRocket
                          Rjm7272
                          RPIcrank
                          TchrBill
                          TimU
                          unionbob
                          UnionTDX04
                          USCHO writer
                          Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
                          And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
                          WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
                          If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Working...
                          X