Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NCAA Quarters, 3/10/12: Mercyhurst @ Wisconsin - One more upset? Why not!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NCAA Quarters, 3/10/12: Mercyhurst @ Wisconsin - One more upset? Why not!

So, some say Wisconsin should be Pi$ $ed over getting this matchup, and others say they should be grateful.

For the Lakers, a win on Saturday may have meant a first round home game, but instead they draw the #1 seed.

Debates on both sides welcome, but..........

All I know is, I'm looking forward to some very intense action on Saturday night.
    Toe Blake On goalies: "You get four goals off them, or five, but the goal you've got to have to win, somehow the great ones don't let you get it.”

Re: NCAA Quarters, 3/10/12: Mercyhurst @ Wisconsin - One more upset? Why not!

The way Wisconsin is playing lately, an upset isn't all that hard to imagine. This could be the year the trophy goes east.

Comment

I'm guessing that the Badgers are fairly neutral on their match-up with Mercyhurst. Personally, I'm glad they are playing some new blood. As far as the title going out East, those schools are going to have to earn it. Minnesota seems to peaking at the right time and the Badgers (even if they aren't playing great hockey right now) aren't going to go quietly.

Comment

Originally posted by IceIsNice View Post
        So, some say Wisconsin should be Pi$ $ed over getting this matchup, and others say they should be grateful.

For the Lakers, a win on Saturday may have meant a first round home game, but instead they draw the #1 seed.

Debates on both sides welcome, but..........

All I know is, I'm looking forward to some very intense action on Saturday night.
        Welcome back. You heading West next weekend ?

Comment

Mercyhurst has looked good against tourney teams, but they also have looked horrible. It all comes down to goaltending. If Pattenden sees a steady diet of pucks (which she will) and starts hot, she could steal the game. Hopefully the result Saturday against Robert Morris will motivate them. The downside is that my ratings predict a Wisconsin victory 91% of the time. That sounds about right to me.

Comment

Originally posted by OnMAA View Post
            Welcome back. You heading West next weekend ?
            I am, actually. Never been to the Kohl Center, so why not enjoy another great new experience.

I imagine you'll be reporting from Ithaca?
            Toe Blake On goalies: "You get four goals off them, or five, but the goal you've got to have to win, somehow the great ones don't let you get it.”

Comment

I am, actually. Never been to the Kohl Center, so why not enjoy another great new experience.

Nice to see you're posting again!! I'm definitely rooting for Mercyhurst to upset Wisconsin.

Comment

Originally posted by mattj711 View Post
                Nice to see you're posting again!! I'm definitely rooting for Mercyhurst to upset Wisconsin.
                Thanks Matty! In short.... I've had some stuff goin' on, but playoff hockey definitely gets one fired up! Kinda hoping this buzz last 2 weeks, not just one.

Comment

Yup, that is the plan. You still use the same Cell number from last year ?.

Enjoy Madison. The campus is very impressive. If you get the chance, tour the football stadium. Kohl is very nice as well. It's a large rink for college standards, and if I'm not mistaken it is an Olympic size ice sheet.
                  Last edited by OnMAA; 03-05-2012, 01:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by OnMAA View Post
                    Kohl is very nice as well. It's a large rink for college standards, and if I'm not mistaken it is an Olympic size ice sheet.
                    I believe it's just 3 feet narrower than an Olympic ice sheet. Same length.
                    "This world is your world. Take it easy, but take it." - Woody Guthrie

Comment

Well, if history repeats itself, I will have to go with a Wisconsin win 6-1. Goaltending at Mercyhurst during the "big game" has always been less than stelar. I don't think Hillary will stand on her head but she will be tested, a lot. Mercyhurst just doesn't have the big guns anymore (minus a few) to stay with a team like Wisco. I hope I am wrong but I dont think I will be.
                      "If you're satisfied with being good, you'll never be great"

"heck, you go to some D-III hockey games and a Steven Segal Chinese stick fight breaks out,....." by Camman15

2009-2010 Regular Season Atlantic Hockey Pick-em Champion

Comment

Somehow this seems highly appropo.....

"Great moments... are born from great opportunity. And that's what you have here, tonight, ladies. That's what you've earned here tonight. One game. If we played 'em ten times, they might win nine. But not this game. Not tonight. Tonight, we skate with them. Tonight, we stay with them. And we shut them down because we can! Tonight, WE are the greatest hockey team in the NCAA’s. You were born to be hockey players. Every one of you. And you were meant to be here tonight. This is your time. Their time is done. It's over. I'm sick and tired of hearing about what a great hockey team the Badgers have. Screw 'em. This is your time. Now go out there and take it."

Three minor liberties......but, considering the odds as determined by both Doc Rutter and the USCHO poll, not to mention the coaching link, well............

Comment

Good job. Good job. Great peroration!
                          Too, I think Red with the Blue, maybe?

No?

Good luck with Badgers!
                          GREAT good luck!!!

Fear odds as displayed herein (vote) don't so far find you in, near, approaching...majority?
                          Am I reading them right?

But I am like you seem to be- DETERMINED.

Oops there goes a billion kilowatt dam!

Comment

Originally posted by Badger Booster View Post
                            I'm guessing that the Badgers are fairly neutral on their match-up with Mercyhurst. Personally, I'm glad they are playing some new blood. As far as the title going out East, those schools are going to have to earn it. Minnesota seems to peaking at the right time and the Badgers (even if they aren't playing great hockey right now) aren't going to go quietly.
                            UND is more beatable, I was surprised they didn't get the 8 seed. I'm excited to see a new team @ the KC.
                            Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                            ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                            Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                            ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                            Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                            "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                            Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by JosephPSchmoe View Post
                              The way Wisconsin is playing lately, an upset isn't all that hard to imagine. This could be the year the trophy goes east.
                              This seems to be a very prevalent sentiment, along with a similar perception that Cornell is struggling. For all the reported struggles, those are still the two teams with the best winning percentages. Throw out the loss to OSU by UW; a soft goal on a backup, a fluke bounce, and there's the game. UMD played very well. The Badgers were a little off, but I'm betting that's the last time this season that will be the case. Wisconsin, Cornell -- yeah, they're both beatable. But the team that wants to do so better bring a heck of an effort, because they are going to be playing some great hockey from here on.
                              "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                              And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Working...
                              X