Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey: Vol. XXI - For every dark night, there's a brighter day

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
    It's August 15th and I'm getting the hockey itch. The pros are at the KC skating, someone needs to sneak in and film them, and stick it on youtube.
    any word on who is in town? heater? burish? pavs?
    Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

It's August 15th and I'm getting the hockey itch. The pros are at the KC skating, someone needs to sneak in and film them, and stick it on youtube.
      Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
      any word on who is in town? heater? burish? pavs?

Stalking is creepy.

Picking up my kid from practice last night though at Middleton (Cap Ice) and Ryan was there along with Bob. I kept coughing while saying "the Wild sux."

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
        Stalking is creepy.

Picking up my kid from practice last night though at Middleton (Cap Ice) and Ryan was there along with Bob. I kept coughing while saying "the Wild sux."
        Stalking IS creepy, but I said sneak, not stalk.....you were in there a month ago, weren't you? Get back on there! Maybe Chuck has credentials that would get him in.

Whose there....I think Baggot reported Pavs, Burish, Elliott, Gilbert and others, check out the WSJ.
        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Andy Baggot indicated via Twitter tonight that the Badgers have added forward Spencer Bell from Maple Grove, MN as a walk-on to take Jason Clark's spot this season. It appears he is coming straight out of high school.

Comment

you were in there a month ago, weren't you? Get back on there!

Nah, that was the current team doing Captain's ice at MIA. I don't ever get to the KC during the summer.

Comment

Originally posted by DPlaya View Post
              Andy Baggot indicated via Twitter tonight that the Badgers have added forward Spencer Bell from Maple Grove, MN as a walk-on to take Jason Clark's spot this season. It appears he is coming straight out of high school.
              From reading Baggott's article, he kind of lucked into getting Clark's roster spot (timing is everything, they say...), good luck to Spencer and welcome to the Cardinal and White family.

So how many days til the first official practice?

Comment

From reading Baggott's article, he kind of lucked into getting Clark's roster spot (timing is everything, they say...), good luck to Spencer and welcome to the Cardinal and White family.
                As someone who has a UW engineering degree, given that he wants to do BME and passed on playing D3 to focus on academics, I'd be shocked if he is on the team for more than 2 years.

Comment

So how many days til the first official practice?
                  Any info on Spencer?

Comment

Originally posted by Almington View Post
                    As someone who has a UW engineering degree, given that he wants to do BME and passed on playing D3 to focus on academics, I'd be shocked if he is on the team for more than 2 years.
                    I agree 100%. He's the 15th guy so they can have even lines in practice provided everyone is healthy.

Last yr he scores 19 goals in 30 games.

On an semi-related note....I see the new rink's seats are aluminum bleacher style with aluminum backs. I wonder why cheapass Barry didn't go with theater type seats. That's gonna disappoint a lot of older fans.

Comment

On an semi-related note....I see the new rink's seats are aluminum bleacher style with aluminum backs. I wonder why cheapass Barry didn't go with theater type seats. That's gonna disappoint a lot of older fans.

Is nothing that Uncle Bear Bear does good enough!?!

As to last part, simple, don't be old.

Comment

I agree 100%. He's the 15th guy so they can have even lines in practice provided everyone is healthy.
                        It's more so that they can practice with 4 lines when three guys are down with nagging injuries during the season

If he just stays for a season or two, adding this player isn't going to do anything to help even out the classes.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                          Is nothing that Uncle Bear Bear does good enough!?!
                          In regards to hockey, no. I wonder how much HE donated to the project? It couldn't have cost that much to put the right seats on the building. Hell, they could have put theater seats in parts of the building and upcharged for them. I can't believe he passed up an opportunity to make more money.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                            In regards to hockey, no. I wonder how much HE donated to the project? It couldn't have cost that much to put the right seats on the building. Hell, they could have put theater seats in parts of the building and upcharged for them. I can't believe he passed up an opportunity to make more money.
                            He put in the cheaper seats so it would be cheaper to convert it to a basketball arena with "correct" sight lines. ;D
                            If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                              He put in the cheaper seats so it would be cheaper to convert it to a basketball arena with "correct" sight lines. ;D

Actually for arena football which Barry is secretly pushing for at the college level through B1G back channels and we all know that what Barry wants, Barry gets.

Comment

In case anyone is interested in what Wisco's favorite deer lover has been up to...
                                Superior Telegram

Comment

Working...
                                X