Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey: Vol. XXI - For every dark night, there's a brighter day

Way to go, Big John Mitchell!
    If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

awesome news for JM, good luck to him. man did he come a long way in his career for UW
      Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Alright, we already have Billy Butters on the staff, why not add Cary Eades? Seriously, is he not a serious upgrade from Schuchuck, no offense Schuey, facts are facts. Look at experience alone, 30 vs 2 , then add in Eades' recruiting ties. Plus his anti UW history surely rivals Butters'. It would be awesome.

McD has just been a stud with the Ranger's this postseason. At the end of every game, he's on the ice. It's super cool seeing a former UW guy having that prominent a role, being THE guy, like Suter is and Rafalski was.

Great news for Mitchell.
        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

McDonagh logged over 53 minutes of icetime in the triple overtime game. Most of any player in a game since 2008. He's already turned into a lock for the Olympic team to join Suter on defense.

http://host.madison.com/sports/colum...a4bcf887a.html

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
            Alright, we already have Billy Butters on the staff, why not add Cary Eades? Seriously, is he not a serious upgrade from Schuchuck, no offense Schuey, facts are facts. Look at experience alone, 30 vs 2 , then add in Eades' recruiting ties. Plus his anti UW history surely rivals Butters'. It would be awesome.

McD has just been a stud with the Ranger's this postseason. At the end of every game, he's on the ice. It's super cool seeing a former UW guy having that prominent a role, being THE guy, like Suter is and Rafalski was.

Great news for Mitchell.
            really tough to say re: Shuchuk. the recruiting seems to be doing "ok" for the future w/besse as the most recent but I don't know how many of the others on heisenberg's site can be attributed to GS

does Gary have coaching responsibilities at all? it would seem unlikely given he's on recruiting trips so frequently

re: Eades...if he ever wound up in madison I'd have to have a water bottle on a stick!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
              really tough to say re: Shuchuk. the recruiting seems to be doing "ok" for the future w/besse as the most recent but I don't know how many of the others on heisenberg's site can be attributed to GS

does Gary have coaching responsibilities at all? it would seem unlikely given he's on recruiting trips so frequently

re: Eades...if he ever wound up in madison I'd have to have a water bottle on a stick!
              Shuey coaches the forwards, obviously Eaves has a hand on both sides of the puck.

As for recruiting, obviously it's hard to know who had the most influence on a player committing but the two forwards that have committed since Shuey took over both look really, really good (Besse & Malone). On the defensive side Wittchow and Linhart are both elite recruits. It's obviously way too early to judge how they are doing in that regard overall, especially since the 2012 and 2013 classes are going to be small so they haven't made a lot of offers. Let me see how they fill out the 2013 class and how they add to the 2014 class before I give more of an opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
                Shuey coaches the forwards, obviously Eaves has a hand on both sides of the puck.

As for recruiting, obviously it's hard to know who had the most influence on a player committing but the two forwards that have committed since Shuey took over both look really, really good (Besse & Malone). On the defensive side Wittchow and Linhart are both elite recruits. It's obviously way too early to judge how they are doing in that regard overall, especially since the 2012 and 2013 classes are going to be small so they haven't made a lot of offers. Let me see how they fill out the 2013 class and how they add to the 2014 class before I give more of an opinion.
                forgot about Malone, thanks!

2 more years and we'll have a complete picture on Mr. Shuchuk I think

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                  forgot about Malone, thanks!

2 more years and we'll have a complete picture on Mr. Shuchuk I think
                  I agree. My point is Eades seems to be a an awesome recruiter and can UW afford to allow Schuey develop as a recruiter? Generally speaking, who has a bigger impact in recruiting, the Head Coach or the Coordinator?

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                    I agree. My point is Eades seems to be a an awesome recruiter and can UW afford to allow Schuey develop as a recruiter? Generally speaking, who has a bigger impact in recruiting, the Head Coach or the Coordinator?
                    Dude, Eades isn't landing in UW.

Comment

Originally posted by JDUBBS1280 View Post
                      Dude, why do you keep on landing here?
                      Randy Schmidt should be / has been fired.
                      Exhibit A | Exhibit B

Help Cure MS
                      sigpic
                      Donate

Wisconsin Hockey: "When you say WISCONSIN, you've said it all!"
                      1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, 2006

Circle, circle, dot, dot, dot...

Comment

It seems to depend on who they are. When Sauer was coach the Coordinator was blamed. With Eaves, those who have complained about the last 2 classes have given Osieki a pass.

Comment

Originally posted by JDUBBS1280 View Post
                          I never said it was going to happen, I'm trying to discuss recruiting staff of UW vs UND, which you have no idea in either side, so get hell out of dodge. For the record, if Eaves can convince Mr. Rancid himself, Mr. Billy Freaking Butters, to join him at the UW, why not Eades? He knows what he is doing, and possibly has an axe to grind with the Whoix, a match made in heaven.

Comment

For the record, if Eaves can convince Mr. Rancid himself, Mr. Billy Freaking Butters, to join him at the UW, why not Eades? He knows what he is doing, and possibly has an axe to grind with the Whoix, a match made in heaven.
                            I'm not sure, Timothy. Butters is born again, and maybe the Badgers will bring Eades into the program as part of an effort to encourage more demonstrative affection between the two teams. We can't keep this bottled up forever, if you'll pardon the pun, and we don't want to carry the regret forever if we don't see much of each other again after next year.

Now the gophers--that's an entirely different matter. Grind away.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                              I never said it was going to happen, I'm trying to discuss recruiting staff of UW vs UND, which you have no idea in either side, so get hell out of dodge. For the record, if Eaves can convince Mr. Rancid himself, Mr. Billy Freaking Butters, to join him at the UW, why not Eades? He knows what he is doing, and possibly has an axe to grind with the Whoix, a match made in heaven.
                              No offense, but it sounds like I understand both "sides" better than you

And Bill Butters <> Cary Eades.

And that from a Gopher fan.
                              Last edited by JDUBBS1280; 05-06-2012, 07:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                                I'm not sure, Timothy. Butters is born again, and maybe the Badgers will bring Eades into the program as part of an effort to encourage more demonstrative affection between the two teams. We can't keep this bottled up forever, if you'll pardon the pun, and we don't want to carry the regret forever if we don't see much of each other again after next year.

Now the gophers--that's an entirely different matter. Grind away.
                                Way to sell your soul.

Comment

Working...
                                X