Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey: Vol. XXI - For every dark night, there's a brighter day

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
    I'm excited about our ladies...
    So you will be watching the game? Right?
    Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
    dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
    wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

It is not televised

Comment

Originally posted by Innova View Post
        It is not televised
        No it's not, which sucks, but it's streamed free by the NCAA.
        "This world is your world. Take it easy, but take it." - Woody Guthrie

Comment

Originally posted by 4four4 View Post
          So you will be watching the game? Right?
          Absolutely!

I stream it from my laptop to the big screen via an hdmi cable. Works great.

Bucky vs Goldy with a natty on the line!

Comment

Originally posted by Carter View Post
            No it's not, which sucks, but it's streamed free by the NCAA.
            I just don't understand why the ncaa doesn't make it a priority to get events like this on tv. I read somewhere some posted a bunch of rights crap about who owns what rights, the bottom line is once the ncaa sells the rights, they just don't give a crap if it gets televised or not. It just seems crazy we get the opportunity to watch 150 ncaa playoff baseball games, the entire lacrosse tourney, but the final 4 for hockey is online only. This is such a joke.

So why no word on Schultz signing yet? Is he not interested in joining the Ducks? Is that the real reason why he came back?
            Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
            ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
            Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
            "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
            Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

[QUOTE=Almington;5397596]I believe that that this being the the worst WCHA finish he was talking was the 10th place finish. This wasn't even the worst WCHA record under Eaves, back in 2002-03 (Eaves first year) the team had a record of 7-17-4 for a 0.321 winning percentage and an 8th place ranking and this was well was well below the 0.429 winning percentage of this team. Considering for many seasons the WCHA didn't even have 10 teams, it would be hard to finish in 10th even in the worst of seasons.

(edit: cleaned that up, a total mess)[/QUOT

gotcha, I wasn't thinking of winning percentage in regard to this question previously (worst wcha finish).
              Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                Absolutely!

I stream it from my laptop to the big screen via an hdmi cable. Works great.

Bucky vs Goldy with a natty on the line!
                Congrats to the Gophers on their 4-2 victory. Both these teams had a great season.

Comment

So Bob MacKenzie thinks Schultz will be the 3rd most sought after F/A this summer, after Ryan Suter and Vanek. That just blows my mind. The Quacks must be pretty p/o'ed he stayed in school this year.

I was watching the Rangers/Wings and the NBC color guy did a real nice job of mentioning Smith, McD and Turris were all former 1st rounders from UW. He also quickly threw in Stepan went to UW as well. Unfortunately, Smith let a Ranger get in behind him on a shift and the pass just didn't connect. He won't last long if he doesn't play D first and have his head on a swivel.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                    So Bob MacKenzie thinks Schultz will be the 3rd most sought after F/A this summer, after Ryan Suter and Vanek. That just blows my mind. The Quacks must be pretty p/o'ed he stayed in school this year.
                    Part of it is that Schultz will be 1.) cheap on an entry level contract (~1M/year for 3 years) and 2.) have a TON of upside potential. ZERO downside for the team signing him considering what some of the vets get 1M/year for.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post

I was watching the Rangers/Wings and the NBC color guy did a real nice job of mentioning Smith, McD and Turris were all former 1st rounders from UW. He also quickly threw in Stepan went to UW as well. Unfortunately, Smith let a Ranger get in behind him on a shift and the pass just didn't connect. He won't last long if he doesn't play D first and have his head on a swivel.
                      Did you mean Parise and Suter?
                      @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
                      On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
                      High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

Originally posted by mnstate0fhockey View Post
                        Did you mean Parise and Suter?
                        Yeah, I get losers like Vanek and Parise mixed up all the time. :O

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                          Yeah, I get losers like Vanek and Parise mixed up all the time. :O

I really hope the Wild land Suter, Parise, Schultz (or all of them).

Comment

I really hope the Wild land Suter, Parise, Schultz (or all of them).

Suter would look splendid in the Indianhead, just like his uncle did.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                              Suter would look splendid in the Indianhead, just like his uncle did.
                              Think they'll pursue him? I'm not familiar with Chicago's cap situation.

I'm pretty sure the Wild will go after him hard, but I think he'll probably stay where he is.

Comment

Think they'll pursue him? I'm not familiar with Chicago's cap situation.

I'm pretty sure the Wild will go after him hard, but I think he'll probably stay where he is.
                                I would think the Hawks would be extremely interested in Suter and could fit him into their cap. Realistically, they would need to subsequently move either Montador or Hjammerson or have a little to much tied up in D to fill out a balanced roster....but I doubt it would take long to move one for a decent return. The key will be if Suter wants to play in Chicago and if they could work out a frontloaded long term deal that keeps the cap hit closer to 6 million then 7 per.

Comment

Working...
                                X