NCAA Quarterfinal Thread: Elmira vs Oswego State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NCAA Quarterfinal Thread: Elmira vs Oswego State

Kicking it off. Winner gets Placid and a very defensive-minded opponent there.
    "To all those graduating with a heart that will forever beat for hockey at a certain place on Lake Ontario...
    this is for you."
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Screw rebuilding - we RELOAD here!

Re: NCAA Quarterfinal Thread: Elmira vs Oswego State

When do tickets go on sale?
    2006, 2010 ECAC West Pick'Em Champion.

Comment

Originally posted by smbenny View Post
      Look for information Monday (tomorrow) morning at http://athletics.oswego.edu
      LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

Originally posted by smbenny View Post
        Athletic site claims "Stand by" for ticket information - http://athletics.oswego.edu/news/201...304125531.aspx
        Tomorrow may be better luck. With this going into spring break, perhaps tickets will be released to the public sooner than Wednesday. But I'll bet you will be able to get a walk-up day-of, no sweat.
        "To all those graduating with a heart that will forever beat for hockey at a certain place on Lake Ontario...
        this is for you."
        ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Screw rebuilding - we RELOAD here!

Comment

As for the game...What happened back in October doesn't matter much now - Lakers need to be smart, aggressive and possessive...high energy at both ends of the ice...make every shift count. Do all that and you won't have to buy a ticket for Lake Placid, boys - they let the guys wearing uniforms in for free....
          LakerEagleLover

Comment

Oswego has the edge in all the tangible categories, they have the better goalie, the better defense and the better forwards. With that said they will need to play with the same chip on their shoulder that they played with for most of the second half of the season. In the SUNYAC final they were out hustled and out worked by Plattsburgh and no matter how talented you are if the other team wants it more they can and usually will beat you.

I like Oswego's chances coming off a loss and their big goal is still out in front of them. If they come out flying and end up with nothing to show for it they can't allow themselves to get frustrated like they have done in the past. When they get their cycle game going a combined they are very hard to beat. The back checking was not good against Plattsburgh but when it is there it presents a huge problem for opposing offenses. And their movement on the Power Play was almost non existent against Platty but when they do get moving they are very hard to stop.
            Last edited by Laker28; 03-04-2012, 09:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Laker Ranger View Post
              Athletic site claims "Stand by" for ticket information - http://athletics.oswego.edu/news/201...304125531.aspx
              Tomorrow may be better luck. With this going into spring break, perhaps tickets will be released to the public sooner than Wednesday. But I'll bet you will be able to get a walk-up day-of, no sweat.
              Pretty sure it will be the same process as the last two weeks. Tickets for season ticket holders and students go on sale Monday and to the general public on Wednesday. Not that any students will be around. If they really wanted to try and get people in there on Saturday, they would cut ticket prices in half and make tickets for students and kids free. It's a shame that for an NCAA quarterfinal, we're going to have a barn that's *maybe* half full.

Comment

Originally posted by Laker28 View Post
                Oswego has the edge in all the tangible categories, they have the better goalie, the better defense and the better forwards. With that said they will need to play with the same chip on their shoulder that they played with for most of the second half of the season. In the SUNYAC final they were out hustled and out worked by Plattsburgh and no matter how talented you are if the other team wants it more they can and usually will beat you.

I like Oswego's chances coming off a loss and their big goal is still out in front of them. If they come out flying and end up with nothing to show for it they can't allow themselves to get frustrated like they have done in the past. When they get their cycle game going a combined they are very hard to beat. The back checking was not good against Plattsburgh but when it is there it presents a huge problem for opposing offenses. And their movement on the Power Play was almost non existent against Platty but when they do get moving they are very hard to stop.
                Don't forget that Elmira has been on an emotional roller coaster too so they should be playing with a ton of emotion when they get up to Oswego which always makes them dangerous (think a roaster filled with seniors that just thought they were going to be staying home for this thing and got last minute reprieve from the Governor) plus Elmira can play a style that can give Oswego trouble with their fast breaks and wingers getting behind the defense

Comment

Originally posted by UCAlum32 View Post
                  Don't forget that Elmira has been on an emotional roller coaster too so they should be playing with a ton of emotion when they get up to Oswego which always makes them dangerous (think a roaster filled with seniors that just thought they were going to be staying home for this thing and got last minute reprieve from the Governor) plus Elmira can play a style that can give Oswego trouble with their fast breaks and wingers getting behind the defense
                  It's always tough to gauge Elmira because in the last several seasons, Oswego plays them in October and usually beats them pretty easily. I would say that this is not the same Elmira team that lost 2 straight to Oswego in October. Elmira may have backed their way in, but if you look at the other teams looking for an at large bid, Elmira still had the numbers behind them. I'm still a little surprised St. Thomas got in over Hobart, but that was close.

Either way, it's going to be a tough, physical game in Oswego Saturday night to be sure.

Comment

Originally posted by LakerFan99 View Post
                    Pretty sure it will be the same process as the last two weeks. Tickets for season ticket holders and students go on sale Monday and to the general public on Wednesday. Not that any students will be around. If they really wanted to try and get people in there on Saturday, they would cut ticket prices in half and make tickets for students and kids free. It's a shame that for an NCAA quarterfinal, we're going to have a barn that's *maybe* half full.
                    The NCAA sets ticket prices. Oswego has no control or ability to do anything with that. And quite frankly the NCAA will still make more money in a half empty Campus Center than they will at some other hosting sites.
                    Russell Jaslow
                    [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                    U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Just posted on Oswego Athletics Page

OSWEGO, N.Y. - Tickets for Saturday's NCAA Division III Men's Ice Hockey quarterfinal game between the Oswego State Lakers (22-3-2) and the Elmira Soaring Eagles (15-8-3) will be made available to the general public on Wednesday, March 7. SUNY Oswego students may purchase tickets starting on Monday, March 5.

Ticket prices are $8 for adults and $3 for SUNY Oswego students with valid college ID. The Campus Center Box Office hours are 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday through Wednesday and 10 a.m.-6 p.m. Thursday through Friday and may be reached at (315) 312-3073. Online tickets may be purchased at tickets.oswego.edu beginning Wednesday, March 7. The Campus Center Box Office will also be open two hours prior to game time.

The winner of Saturday's quarterfinal game will face the winner of Amherst/Plattsburgh on Friday, March 16 at 7:30 p.m. at Herb Brooks Arena in Lake Placid, N.Y. Ticket information for future rounds of the NCAA Division III Men's Ice Hockey Tournament can be found at ncaa.com/tickets.
                      LakerEagleLover

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
                        The NCAA sets ticket prices. Oswego has no control or ability to do anything with that. And quite frankly the NCAA will still make more money in a half empty Campus Center than they will at some other hosting sites.
                        That's true. I forgot that the NCAA set the prices. I will also miss the Canadian national anthem. Although i do enjoy hearing the PA announcer try to sound excited for both teams.

Comment

Originally posted by LakerFan99 View Post
                          Although i do enjoy hearing the PA announcer try to sound excited for both teams.
                          I forgot about that part.

Always reminds me of the bonehead move by that Middlebury PA announcer a few years back...
                          Russell Jaslow

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
                            I forgot about that part.

Always reminds me of the bonehead move by that Middlebury PA announcer a few years back...
                            Actually it was Norwich (against Middlebury) - That was his last time as NU PA announcer also
                            2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                            2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                            2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                            2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
                              Actually it was Norwich (against Middlebury) - That was his last time as NU PA announcer also
                              In the back of my head, I thought it was Norwich. I knew I should be listening to the voices in my head...
                              Russell Jaslow

Comment

Working...
                              X