NCAA 1st Round - Wentworth @ Plymouth State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NCAA 1st Round - Wentworth @ Plymouth State

Wentworth swept Plymouth in early January.

Can they make it 3?

Both teams won their conference tournaments in OT.
    Plymouth is hotter than a pistol coming into the game.

Discuss..
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Re: NCAA 1st Round - Wentworth @ Plymouth State

Thinking about making the short trip over the mountains to Plymouth. Nice new rink, should be a great game. Plymouth has that home ice advantage but this is new territory for the Plymouth program. They certainly have come a long way in a very short time. Coach is from Northfield so they have to be good.
    Cadet Crosby '63

Comment

Originally posted by CROSBYNU63 View Post
      Thinking about making the short trip over the mountains to Plymouth. Nice new rink, should be a great game. Plymouth has that home ice advantage but this is new territory for the Plymouth program. They certainly have come a long way in a very short time. Coach is from Northfield so they have to be good.
      hmmm, need a passenger?
      Go 'Wick!

Comment

Originally posted by jerrynu26 View Post
        hmmm, need a passenger?
        Originally posted by CROSBYNU63 View Post
        Make that three of us. Leave Norwich at 4:30 Wednesday?
        The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
        "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
        GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
        GO LAKERS!!!
        GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
        "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
        Oswego State '09

Comment

Question, not a follower of D3 hockey but with Wentworth as my neighbor I look them up on occasion. Last night they brought there trophy to our shared bar so I decided to see where they got sent.

How do they get sent to Plymouth St. if they swept them and seemed to be ranked higher?

Comment

Originally posted by NUWH DogHouse View Post
            Question, not a follower of D3 hockey but with Wentworth as my neighbor I look them up on occasion. Last night they brought there trophy to our shared bar so I decided to see where they got sent.

How do they get sent to Plymouth St. if they swept them and seemed to be ranked higher?
            Wentworth ran into a scheduling conflict for their arena, and declined to put in a bid to host a playoff game.
            Go Cards: win or lose, The Better Team.
            A Lot of (Sometimes Tainted) SUNYAC Championships
            A Handful of ECAC West Championships
            A Number of NCAA Appearances, Including Several Trips to the Final Four, Though Some of Them Don't Count
            Some National Championships:
            Women's (THIS YEAR, LAST YEAR, A Couple Years Back, '08, '07)
            Men's (Wow Look at the Time Pass, A While before That)

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
              Make that three of us. Leave Norwich at 4:30 Wednesday?
              If you have a fourth seat available and need a tour guide for Plymouth’s rink you could always check to see if Hawk is available.

Comment

Originally posted by VT bragging rights View Post
                If you have a fourth seat available and need a tour guide for Plymouth’s rink you could always check to see if Hawk is available.
                In that case, I'd retract my wish to go.......
                Go 'Wick!

Comment

At the beginning of the year I was the only one around talking up Plymouth as a team to watch with there new arena. With there new rinks UNE and Plymouth could be the next teams to follow in the footsteps of Castleton to get ranked status. I will tell you there is a big, big, difference in playing at a new rink in the college town of Plymouth vs a small rink at a ski area 20 miles away. Plymouth has always been a great sports school, however, I can never remember one of there teams being in an NCAA tournament. Wentworth will be a very difficult team for Plymouth but with a home crowd and good goaltender who knows.

Any chance Norwich can pick up Plymouth on its schedule next year??
                  2009-2010 Last Person Standing winner
                  2009-2010 Interlock LPS winner

Comment

http://athletics.plymouth.edu/sports...20120304rwjwvl

Preview of the Plymouth/Wentworth game Wednesday from the Plymouth Sports Dept.

Comment

Will this game be video streamed, or does the NCAA hold the rights?
                      2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                      2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                      2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                      2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
                        Will this game be video streamed, or does the NCAA hold the rights?
                        I know Plymouth always streams their games, but not sure how the NCAA factor plays in if they do own the rights to the game. Regardless this should be a great game between two teams that both won their conference championship in thrilling fashion. Should be interesting to see how the match ups play out with I assume Zobak/Richardson being on the ice everytime the Domsodi/Jameson/Shade line is out there. With Plymouth getting the surprising home game due to a scheduling issue with Wentworth Coach Russell should be able to get the matchups he wants. Should be a great one Wednesday night! An exciting time for a growing program like Plymouth only in their 2nd year in a new rink.
                        Sergei Fedorov, at the conclusion of his final season as a Red Wing.

"I just don't know what to think. I play in Colorado, they tell me they like me, and I get traded. I play in Calgary, and at the end of the season the GM tells me he likes me, and I get traded. I just hope my fiancee doesn't tell me she likes me."

Comment

Originally posted by jerrynu26 View Post
                          In that case, I'd retract my wish to go.......
                          I am SURE that Hawk would spring for the meals, especially if you could find a nice steakhouse on the way - and of course, pitch in on the fuel
                          Larry Normandin
                          SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
                          WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Originally posted by norm1909 View Post
                            I am SURE that Hawk would spring for the meals, especially if you could find a nice steakhouse on the way - and of course, pitch in on the fuel
                            Norm I don't think Plymouth and Wentworth are going to like a bunch of Norwich fans at the game when they could play them next Saturday. Looks like I am going to go for the video stream although Route 302/25/25C/25is only about 65 miles to Plymouth. I believe the students are going to be at the school so tickets would be a hastle for me. However I do know of a couple of cheep restuarants in Warren on the way. I would have to assume someone from the Norwich coaching staff is going to scout the two teams at Plymouth.

Comment

Originally posted by NEHockeyFan07 View Post
                              I know Plymouth always streams their games, but not sure how the NCAA factor plays in if they do own the rights to the game. Regardless this should be a great game between two teams that both won their conference championship in thrilling fashion. Should be interesting to see how the match ups play out with I assume Zobak/Richardson being on the ice everytime the Domsodi/Jameson/Shade line is out there. With Plymouth getting the surprising home game due to a scheduling issue with Wentworth Coach Russell should be able to get the matchups he wants. Should be a great one Wednesday night! An exciting time for a growing program like Plymouth only in their 2nd year in a new rink.
                              Not positive that Plymouth will be the home team even though game is scheduled in their arena.........
                              Go 'Wick!

Comment

Working...
                              X