NCAA Quarterfinal Plattsburgh @ Amherst

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NCAA Quarterfinal Plattsburgh @ Amherst

does anyone know what the ticket policy is at Amherst? By looking at the box scores from their games it doesn't look like they draw a big crowd, do they have a large seating capacity or no? Any info would be greatly appreciated.
    Jim Reisdorf
    Standing on the Rail #59

jim@loremans.com contact me for all your custom embroidery, engraving and screen printing needs! check out our website... www.loremans.com

Romney will be missed by all that have been there for the great match ups between Platty and 'Wego!!!

After Closing out Romney the right way, We opened the new rink the right way.... another loss for the Lakers!

St. Louis is a BUM!!!!

Go Sabres!!!

Re: NCAA Quarterfinal Plattsburgh @ Amherst

Note:

Participating Institutions
    For all rounds of competition, the men’s ice hockey committee reserves the right to adjust the number of tickets and location allocated to teams.
    The visiting team will be permitted to purchase a minimum of 200 tickets or 15 percent of the official capacity (whichever is greater).
    Orr's rink capacity is only 1050, so 15% would only be 158 tickets.
    Last edited by norm1909; 03-04-2012, 09:20 PM.
    Larry Normandin
    SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
    WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

I knew you would come up with a link Norm! and these will be available in Plattsburgh if I remember correctly?
      Jim Reisdorf
      Standing on the Rail #59

jim@loremans.com contact me for all your custom embroidery, engraving and screen printing needs! check out our website... www.loremans.com

Romney will be missed by all that have been there for the great match ups between Platty and 'Wego!!!

After Closing out Romney the right way, We opened the new rink the right way.... another loss for the Lakers!

St. Louis is a BUM!!!!

Go Sabres!!!

Comment

They have bleacher seating, probably 7-10 rows max, along the side of the ice opposite the benches. No seating area behind either net. Some seating area on the side of either bench. Probably around 1,000 person capacity for the rink

Comment

Originally posted by LoudHorns31 View Post
          I knew you would come up with a link Norm! and these will be available in Plattsburgh if I remember correctly?
          Amherst College Men's Ice Hockey Website is here - note they only show a 2010-11 Media Guide on that page.
          Larry Normandin

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

I would say that a 500-seat capacity is a more realistic assessment for Orr Arena. It's a very small facility with just a few rows of bleachers on 2 sides. The biggest games this year showed attendance of 450 (Williams) and 500 (Bowdoin). There were 375 at today's NESCAC finals with Middlebury -- you could see a few empty seats but nothing like 625!!! Amherst only sold tickets on-site just before the game for the NESCAC finals -- I suspect that the NCAA requires some advance distribution so that the visiting team gets some of the seats . .

Comment

As mentioned above, the school advertises the rink as having a capacity of 1050.

Never been there. Athletic Department isn't open yet.

Amherst has hosted 2 NCAA games in the past (2009) and the games drew 300 and 275.

http://collegehockeystats.net/0809/boxes/mamhbab1.m11

http://collegehockeystats.net/0809/boxes/mamhhob1.m14

Comment

Amherst isn't all that far away. Maybe 4 hours via I-89 & I-91 thru Vermont. If they haven't been drawing many fans, we Cardinal fans ought to be able to fill the place. Maybe with a good crowd of visiting fans, we can take away some of the "home ice advantage", if in fact there is such a thing.

GO CARDS

Wally
                Cornell '67

Comment

Currently on the Amherst site: Ticket Information: Game time and ticket information will be posted here as soon as possible.

Note per the NCAA:
                  Section 7•3 COMPETITION TIMES
                  Face-off for preliminary-round competition shall be determined by the host institution. However, the committee reserves
                  the right to set game times, if necessary. The committee recommends a 7 p.m. (local time) start time for first-round and
                  quarterfinal games.
                  Last edited by norm1909; 03-05-2012, 08:20 AM.
                  Larry Normandin

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

You will be able to Watch live here on the free Jeffcast and/or listen to Ducky here.
                    Larry Normandin

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Originally posted by norm1909 View Post
                      You will be able to Watch live here on the free Jeffcast.
                      Does anyone have any experience with how well that has worked in the past? While I'm in Oswego, I'd like to be able to watch this game.
                      Russell Jaslow
                      [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                      U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
                        Does anyone have any experience with how well that has worked in the past? While I'm in Oswego, I'd like to be able to watch this game.
                        Amherst did some kind of a technical upgrade this year so the signal is pretty good and pretty reliable . .

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
                          Ive watched a few games this year with no issue. Pretty smooth sailing. The commentary is well ..interesting but tolerable. No idea why but it drives me nuts when he has to say JONATHAN LaRose all the time instead of just LaRose. Dont normally hear first names called unless they have the same last name. Nit picking I know. But overall not to bad. Far from WTOP....but better then other...and heck its free. If it was in Plattsburgh you wouldnt have video at all.
                          Remy Babineaux
                          remyb616@gmail.com
                          D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
                            Ive watched a few games this year with no issue. Pretty smooth sailing. The commentary is well ..interesting but tolerable. No idea why but it drives me nuts when he has to say JONATHAN LaRose all the time instead of just LaRose. Dont normally hear first names called unless they have the same last name. Nit picking I know. But overall not to bad. Far from WTOP....but better then other...and heck its free. If it was in Plattsburgh you wouldnt have video at all.
                            Oh, stop being a baby
                            Larry Normandin

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
                              I'll just be watching. I won't be listening. So I won't have to worry about JONATHAN.
                              Russell Jaslow
                              [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                              U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Working...
                              X