X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2012 NCAA Selection Show: March 4th

What time is the NCAA selection show?

Is it 6 pm ET, according to the NCAA?

Or is it 6:30 pm ET, according to... the NCAA?

(For what it's worth, the Ithaca and Grand Forks press are reporting 6:30 ET)

Just to remind you, this is an organization were trusting to select teams based on calculations of a ratings percentage index that may come down to a few decimal places....

I suggest we leave this thread for selection news and comments on actual selections, while leaving predictions on selections for the other thread. But predictions on the ACTUAL TIME for the selections are welcome here

Re: 2012 NCAA Selection Show: March 4th

Here's another page that says 6 p.m. EST, so I guess I'd just be ready at 6 and if you have to wait a half hour, so be it. This is the NCAA. Hard for them to see a clock with their heads so far up their arses.

Comment

Originally posted by dave1381 View Post
      What time is the NCAA selection show?

Is it 6 pm ET, according to the NCAA?

Or is it 6:30 pm ET, according to... the NCAA?
      The Minnesota SID was aware of the discrepancy, but she says that she spoke to the committee chair and was told 6:00 pm ET, so Minnesota is planning for that, but like JPS says, knows that waiting a half hour may be necessary.
      "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
      And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

I believe that NCAA.com is now reporting 6 p.m. Was 6:30 last year and probably didn't make the time change.

Comment

North Dakota, one place that originally released 5:30 CT, is now changing it to 5 CT.

Comment

Be great if this game was still in progress during the selection show...

Comment

Originally posted by dave1381 View Post
              Be great if this game was still in progress during the selection show...
              It helps the committee that the winner is in, the loser is out. I realize that there may be other ramifications, but that's a flaw in their goofy system. Whoops -- game over!
              "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
              And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

here's the link: http://www.ncaa.com/video/icehockey-...selection-show

Comment

Wisconsin has to be PIS SED.

Comment

Originally posted by NUWH DogHouse View Post
                    Wisconsin has to be PIS SED.
                    Do you think so? I would prefer to play Mercyhurst among the possible options there.

Comment

The committee just gave the worlds biggest crotchchop to bracket integrity.

Where in the world is the logic?? Looking forward to someone having some kind of method to the madness...

Having said that, EPIC WIN for BC!
                      Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                      Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                      Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

So here's how it stands...

Mercyhurst (23-7-3) at #1-seed University of Wisconsin (31-4-2)

North Dakota (22-11-3) at #2-seed Minnesota (31-5-2)

Boston University (23-13-1) at #3-seed Cornell University (29-4-0)

St. Lawrence (24-9-4) at #4-seed Boston College (23-9-3)
                        Give blood... Play Gopher Hockey!
                        Men's National Championships: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002, 2003
                        Women's National Championships: 2000, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2013, 2015, 2016

Comment

The logic is pretty simple. They seed the top four teams and pair the rest based on geography to the extent they can. I never thought they'd minimize flights quite like this though. But that's partly because I thought Mercyhurst would still host and they wouldn't be able to do two ECAC-Hockey East pairings.

Comment

LOL...., Wisconsin gets screwed for the 2nd year in a row. Guess MJ doesn't have much influence. Mercyhurst also somewhat gets screwed as well.

BC and SLU should be loving their matchup.

The other two matchups look right/were expected.

Comment

What I actually find most puzzling is that Minnesota is the 2 seed and Cornell is the 3 seed, not that it really matters a whole lot.

Now I have absolutely no doubt that Minnesota has had the better season, but the thing is Minnesota, doesn't beat Cornell in any of the selection criteria. In that sense it's a really unprecedented decision.

At the very least, this committee has adopted a very liberal interpretation of "Results against the RPI Top 12" which I actually think is a good thing.

Comment

Working...
                              X