WCHA First Round - UNO at SCSU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WCHA First Round - UNO at SCSU

We lost our #1 goalie for 2 months and our captain has been out since November. The bottom half of the league must be REALLY terrible for us to get home ice. That said, we're going to the X. [/Blyleven]
    St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Re: WCHA First Round - UNO at SCSU

What he said.

Comment

Man, everything had to happen for us to get home ice... we needed to get points both nights, Omaha had to get swept as it turned out, Tech needed to take anything but 3 points (so losing Fri helped that) and for some reason the Orlando Magic needed to cover the spread Saturday. Voila! Home ice.

Talk about two teams going in opposite directions. Somehow we ended up 4th in conference goals against, and only a goal behind being tied for second with Duluth and North Dakota... this after our starter missed half the season and our blueline was insanely young. If Lee's on his game, I really like our chances.

Do we get anybody back for this series? Rabey's gonna have to be a F the rest of this season, won't he?
      tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Remember when Dean said that Mike Lee would win SCSU a national championship? Skeeter does. Nate Hardy leads the Huskies to two shutout wins.

Comment

Are there any fans of the Red Cows out there? Or will this just be another obnoxious thread where we yell at our own fans?
          St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
            Are there any fans of the Red Cows out there? Or will this just be another obnoxious thread where we yell at our own fans?
            Funk you.
            Originally posted by SJHovey
            Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
            Originally posted by Brenthoven
            We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
              They exist. You will find that the lot of them are far too level-headed for this WCHA business. Must have been those Michigan fans beating them down all those years.
              Last edited by state of hockey; 03-04-2012, 04:34 AM.
              the state of hockey is good

Comment

At this point, UNO fans are still trying to get over the loss last night. SCSU fans certainly owe Johanthon Morrison a big thank you card.

Comment

Originally posted by It's Maverick Hockey Time View Post
                  At this point, UNO fans are still trying to get over the loss last night. SCSU fans certainly owe Johanthon Morrison a big thank you card.
                  It's a new season in the playoffs and blais is a hell of a coach. This is going to be a battle! I am glad in is at the NHC and on the big sheet of ice.
                  I am Tommyboy, and I approve this message.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

What an incredible weekend for SCSU hockey! Groundbreaking ceremony for the long-awaited upcoming $30 million renovation to the National Hockey Center. This development is going to have a profound effect on the City of St. Cloud, central Minnesota and the entire SCSU hockey program (as well as St. Johns University) as SCSU prepares to begin play in the NCHC.

And then the near improbable elevation to home ice for the first round of the WCHA playoffs in an OT thriller against Dulloot at the NHC. I, for one, have to eat my words as I gave up on home ice for SCSU after the horrific Friday night loss to UAA. Just another reminder that it is too easy to get frustrated and give up hope on certain matters in the unpredictable WCHA.

Speaking of the WCHA, SCSU clearly deserves to be placed amongst the six teams with home ice at the top of the conference based upon goal differential.

Past history is past history. Regardless of SCSU's record against the Corncows and the negative predictions by some, I plan to attend a Final Five game this month and watch St. Cloud State University play someone at the X.

Comment

I don't think I have ever been so excited leaving NHC after a tie. The players reaction was great. I'm still shocked at how everything worked out for us to get home ice, big thank you to CC and Denver. That said SCSU, played great this weekend and that helped secure home ice. With the season we had this year, (injuries, departures, and questionable calls leading into OT) I am very happy with a 6th place finish.

Now lets get to the X.

Comment

Originally posted by Husckey Domi Nation View Post
                        What an incredible weekend for SCSU hockey! Groundbreaking ceremony for the long-awaited upcoming $30 million renovation to the National Hockey Center. This development is going to have a profound effect on the City of St. Cloud, central Minnesota and the entire SCSU hockey program (as well as St. Johns University) as SCSU prepares to begin play in the NCHC.

And then the near improbable elevation to home ice for the first round of the WCHA playoffs in an OT thriller against Dulloot at the NHC. I, for one, have to eat my words as I gave up on home ice for SCSU after the horrific Friday night loss to UAA. Just another reminder that it is too easy to get frustrated and give up hope on certain matters in the unpredictable WCHA.

Speaking of the WCHA, SCSU clearly deserves to be placed amongst the six teams with home ice at the top of the conference based upon goal differential.

Past history is past history. Regardless of SCSU's record against the Corncows and the negative predictions by some, I plan to attend a Final Five game this month and watch St. Cloud State University play someone at the X.
                        You clearly predict like crap so I wish you'd forseen UNO in two.

I said even after getting swept by the Gophers I liked our chance of a strong finish and home ice. Admittedly I figured we'd need to do better than 2-2-0 against Anchorage and Tech, but so be it.

And really UNO was the big series to watch. With us taking 3 and UNO getting swept, the only way we wouldn't have made it is if MTU had taken exactly 3. If Tech had swept they'd have been the 5 and we'd have been the 6 leapfrogging CC
                        tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

If UNO plays like they did last night, SCSU has no shot. If UNO plays like they did Friday night, SCSU will sweep. SCSU is on fire - but with the Mavs being swept at home the past two weekends, the idea of a "new season" in this tournament will be a factor. And never underestimate a Dean Blais squad in any tournament - unless we're playing Bemidji State of course. Tommyboy - agreed - this should be a hell of a series!

Oh, and if UNO plays like they did last night, someone better bring some bodybags - that was as physical a game I've seen out of UNO.
                          If we could extend Blais' contract, that'd be greeeaaatttt

Comment

Originally posted by gomavs#1 View Post
                            If UNO plays like they did last night, SCSU has no shot.
                            Apparently we do, because UNO lost last night.
                            Originally posted by SJHovey
                            Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
                            Originally posted by Brenthoven
                            We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Ask Denver how they won....had to be there to believe it.
                              If we could extend Blais' contract, that'd be greeeaaatttt

Comment

Working...
                              X