Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WCHA First Round - Minnesota Hosts UAA (Let's call it the vengeance series)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
    Careful. You don't want us to unleash the B-Jugs!
    Budish, Helgeson, Parenteau, Alt, Sacchetti, Serratore, and Rau are more likely to throw big hits than Bjugstad.
    the state of hockey is good

Comment

• Re: WCHA First Round - Minnesota Hosts UAA (Let's call it the vengeance series)

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
      Budish, Helgeson, Parenteau, Alt, Sacchetti, Serratore, and Rau are more likely to throw big hits than Bjugstad.
      Man, why you gotta drink my Kool-Aid?!
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Re: WCHA First Round - Minnesota Hosts UAA (Let's call it the vengeance series)

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
        Don't forget unfrozen caveman wing...er....Ambroz.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
        And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
        Twenty red lights in his honor
        Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
          Careful. You don't want us to unleash the B-Jugs!
          There is at least one sub-plot for the series that has the potential to be interesting. Seawolf Eric Scheid is Bjugstad's former linemate and set-up man in high school. Scheid played a year of junior hockey and has had a pretty nice freshman year and is definitely playing his best hockey right now. The visit to Mariucci with his family in attendance combined with a matchup against his former teammate could give him the motivation to play his best. And have no doubt, he's a helluva nice little player.

Comment

Originally posted by uaafanblog View Post
            There is at least one sub-plot for the series that has the potential to be interesting. Seawolf Eric Scheid is Bjugstad's former linemate and set-up man in high school. Scheid played a year of junior hockey and has had a pretty nice freshman year and is definitely playing his best hockey right now. The visit to Mariucci with his family in attendance combined with a matchup against his former teammate could give him the motivation to play his best. And have no doubt, he's a helluva nice little player.
            His dad played at UW, didn't he?

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
            And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
            Twenty red lights in his honor
            Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

• Originally posted by Greyeagle View Post
              His dad played at UW, didn't he?
              Yep. Jim Scheid played 76-80 in Madison.

Comment

There's also Derek Docken the Seawolves excellent rookie D-man who has simply done almost nothing wrong all season long. He's from Northfield and was largely unheralded coming out of high school. He played two NAHL years at Albert Lea during their little "pay for play" scandal (which he had nothing to do with) then a year at USHL's Dubuque where he was near the top of +/- performers all season. He's been rock solid and has been growing more confident with each game and there's more in him. I'd expect this series would bring out his best. He had been out a couple of series with a shoulder injury but I'm hoping he plays. In either case, he's my leading contender for UAA's rookie of the year.
                Last edited by uaafanblog; 03-06-2012, 09:42 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by uaafanblog View Post
                  There's also Derek Docken the Seawolves excellent rookie D-man who has simply done almost nothing wrong all season long. He's from Northfield and was largely unheralded coming out of high school. He played two NAHL years at Albert Lea during their little "pay for play" scandal (which he had nothing to do with) then a year at Dubuque where he was near the top of +/- performers all season. He's been rock solid and has been growing more confident with each game and there's more in him. I'd expect this series would bring out his best. He had been out a couple of series with a shoulder injury but I'm hoping he plays. In either case, he's my leading contender for UAA's rookie of the year.
                  Well I'm convinced, UAA sweeps on the backs of 2 guys no one in the lower 48 has ever heard of.....again.
                  "The man who smiles when something has gone wrong just thought of someone to blame it on." Robert Bloch
                  Discontinued Program:http://s.ecrater.com/stores/70443/48...70e_70443n.jpg
                  The goofs might suck, but Happy swallows.
                  Brooks told me he added something to the effect that, “if you want to go into business, go to Harvard; if you want to be a hockey player, go to North Dakota...”

Comment

Originally posted by cross cheque View Post
                    Well I'm convinced, UAA sweeps on the backs of 2 guys no one in the lower 48 has ever heard of.....again.
                    But I'm the troll. I point out two potentially interesting things and it turns into me saying UAA would sweep.

Comment

I have heard of Scheid and Docken. I suppose being from MN and following HS hockey helps, though.

Scheid and Bjugstad ripped it up in Blaine. Well, until the state tournament when their coach had their shifts go WAY too long. Both were completely exhausted by the time the third period rolled around.

Comment

• Originally posted by uaafanblog View Post
                        But I'm the troll. I point out two potentially interesting things and it turns into me saying UAA would sweep.
                        Sorry my sarcasm got the better of me but I don't think UAA has a chance this weekend but everyone is glad you are here to occupy the minds of the TC's overweight, unattractive, and balding. I wouldn't sink so low as to root against UMTC but god bless the seawolves for one more weekend!
                        "The man who smiles when something has gone wrong just thought of someone to blame it on." Robert Bloch
                        Brooks told me he added something to the effect that, “if you want to go into business, go to Harvard; if you want to be a hockey player, go to North Dakota...”

Comment

There's also Derek Docken the Seawolves excellent rookie D-man who has simply done almost nothing wrong all season long.
                          His biggest mistake was signing the LOI to play for the lowly Seapups.

Comment

There's also Derek Docken the Seawolves excellent rookie D-man who has simply done almost nothing wrong all season long. He's from Northfield and was largely unheralded coming out of high school. He played two NAHL years at Albert Lea during their little "pay for play" scandal (which he had nothing to do with) then a year at USHL's Dubuque where he was near the top of +/- performers all season. He's been rock solid and has been growing more confident with each game and there's more in him. I'd expect this series would bring out his best. He had been out a couple of series with a shoulder injury but I'm hoping he plays. In either case, he's my leading contender for UAA's rookie of the year.
                            Thanks for the updates on Docken and Scheid. Good to know.

Comment

Originally posted by cross cheque View Post
                              Sorry my sarcasm got the better of me but I don't think UAA has a chance this weekend but everyone is glad you are here to occupy the minds of the TC's overweight, unattractive, and balding. I wouldn't sink so low as to root against UMTC but god bless the seawolves for one more weekend!
                              Really? Haven't you sunk much lower than doing that already?

Comment

Originally posted by Tiggsy View Post
                                Really? Haven't you sunk much lower than doing that already?
                                Low enough to raise the titanic but that's still 3 feet above Happy.

Comment

Working...
                                X