Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WCHA First Round - Minnesota Hosts UAA (Let's call it the vengeance series)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: WCHA First Round - Minnesota Hosts UAA (Let's call it the vengeance series)

Originally posted by Happy View Post
    Just like Hakstools experience in choking in 5 frozen fours will not help you guys out this year, UAA is road kill.
    The Sioux have no business having first round home advantage for the WCHA tournament let alone making the NC$$s this year with all of their losses so anything from here on out is gravy... the goofs however have oodles of talent but decide when and where they want to show up for hockey games. You should enjoy winning the MacNaughton, as it is one of the great trophys in college hockey, because it is only a matter of time before the goofs decide to show their lack of heart and get upset again.

Comment

Originally posted by willythekid View Post
      The Sioux have no business having first round home advantage for the WCHA tournament let alone making the NC$$s this year with all of their losses so anything from here on out is gravy... the goofs however have oodles of talent but decide when and where they want to show up for hockey games. You should enjoy winning the MacNaughton, as it is one of the great trophys in college hockey, because it is only a matter of time before the goofs decide to show their lack of heart and get upset again.

and yet, the Gophers were picked to finish 6th in the league, and they won it all. they were by far the most overachieving team in the wcha this year, and who would have guessed they would have by far the best defense. now, after winning it, people like you say they underachieved?
      XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
      Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

and yet, the Gophers were picked to finish 6th in the league, and they won it all. they were by far the most overachieving team in the wcha this year, and who would have guessed they would have by far the best defense. now, after winning it, people like you say they underachieved?
        they haven't won anything yet, remember happy?

btw, the only reason that UND was picked so high preseason after all of the players that left is because people were sick of NoDak always playing better than the way they picked them to. the only reason the goofs were picked so low this preseason with all of that talent was because people had gotten used to them playing with no heart and shi++ing their season down their leg every year.
        Last edited by willythekid; 03-04-2012, 01:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
          After the series against Wisconsin, I don't know what will motivate the Gophers. A series at home, against their rivals, for the MacNaughton, couldn't motivate them to start playing until the last 15 minutes of the Saturday game. The Gophs just seem intent on coasting. Maybe at some point Lucia points out it is the playoffs and now is the time to play all 60 minutes.
          Slight exaggeration. Other than some good stretches in the 2nd, MN played with a lot of jump most of Saturday. They just couldn't bury it earlier. Friday on the other hand, they looked ok for the last 2 minutes....

Comment

they haven't won anything yet, remember happy?

There are three major trophies a college hockey program can win during the season. The underachieving Gophers have won one of them.
            Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
            dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
            wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

You should enjoy winning the MacNaughton, as it is one of the great trophys in college hockey, because it is only a matter of time before the goofs decide to show their lack of heart and get upset again.
              So they have won something? You can't have it both ways.

Comment

Originally posted by 4four4 View Post

There are three major trophies a college hockey program can win during the season. The underachieving Gophers have won one of them.
                I think winning the MacNaughton is one of the hardest if not the hardest thing to accomplish outside of winning the NC$$ tournament. It is certainly a better accomplishment than winning the WCHA tourney. Goofer fans should be proud of their team to have won it, I know I've been proud every year UND has. The reason for that post is because happy likes to remind UND fans that the only thing that matters is winning the NC$$ championship, and that UND can not because they choke at the F4.

Comment

I think winning the MacNaughton is one of the hardest if not the hardest thing to accomplish outside of winning the NC$$ tournament. It is certainly a better accomplishment than winning the WCHA tourney. Goofer fans should be proud of their team to have won it, I know I've been proud every year UND has. The reason for that post is because happy likes to remind UND fans that the only thing that matters is winning the NC$$ championship, and that UND can not because they choke at the F4.
                  Happy has been around here for a long time he has seen countless UND fans say the only thing that matters is the NCAA championship.

Comment

Originally posted by 4four4 View Post
                    Happy has been around here for a long time he has seen countless UND fans say the only thing that matters is the NCAA championship.
                    ok, so?

Comment

ok, so?
                      Obviously, you get it but many UND fans don't.

Comment

ok, so?
                        I have had 7>3, 7>4 and 7>5 sent my way at least 1000 times. I predicted that once the CHL made changes to stop the border crossing of much high level talent, UND would become more like Minnesota, have to have more Americans, be younger, and depend on less reliable talent. I find it most humorous that now that UND doesn't have all those overage Canadians, they can't win the big one.
                        XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
                        Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

I have had 7>3, 7>4 and 7>5 sent my way at least 1000 times. I predicted that once the CHL made changes to stop the border crossing of much high level talent, UND would become more like Minnesota, have to have more Americans, be younger, and depend on less reliable talent. I find it most humorous that now that UND doesn't have all those overage Canadians, they can't win the big one.
                          UND needs a former gopher coaching their team to win ncaa championships. it becomes evident every time they choke and their fan base starts crying for blais to come back to them

looking forward to the gopher-alaska series and (hopefully) a first round bye into the final 5.

Comment

Originally posted by jerryj View Post
                            UND needs a former gopher coaching their team to win ncaa championships. it becomes evident every time they choke and their fan base starts crying for blais to come back to them

looking forward to the gopher-alaska series and (hopefully) a first round bye into the final 5.
                            woog to the rescue!

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                              The series from last year still stings.

VENGEANCE
                              If this is the attitude then UAA has already won.

Not the series, just the fact that Minnesota has to take vengeance on UAA.
                              U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                              Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                              I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                              But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                              Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                              Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                                If this is the attitude then UAA has already won.

Not the series, just the fact that Minnesota has to take vengeance on UAA.
                                LOL

I can see your point of view. Still, that one hurt and I don't think it'll happen again.
                                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Working...
                                X