Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WCHA First Round - Minnesota Hosts UAA (Let's call it the vengeance series)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: WCHA First Round - Minnesota Hosts UAA (Let's call it the vengeance series)

Originally posted by HarleyMC View Post
    Your lame attempt at sarcasm, with nothing substantive or intelligent to add, is the only thing I see as "kee kiet". Classy scholarship...and you write a blog for UAA? Christiansen was a decent UAA coach as D1 Independent with an above .500 record every season (his '92 team was outstanding).

Then UAA enters the WCHA and proceeds to do an under .500 belly flop for 19 years in row! Now tell me what the problem is, sparky?

UAA leadership needs to decide if they want to realistically compete in the WCHA or continue with their infamous "doormat" status. I would not recommend any player go to UAA for men's hockey until the AD and coaching staff at UAA get serious about resolving their perennial ineptitude.
    I will somewhat disagree. UAA is a team where they can say: do you want to be a first line star on a crappy team, or a fourth line grinder on a team like MN/UND/MI/BC/BU? There's the rub.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Re: WCHA First Round - Minnesota Hosts UAA (Let's call it the vengeance series)

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
      I will somewhat disagree. UAA is a team where they can say: do you want to be a first line star on a crappy team, or a fourth line grinder on a team like MN/UND/MI/BC/BU? There's the rub.
      Some very talented hockey players have passed through the UAA system who could have seen lots of ice time with more focused NCAA hockey D1 programs built on visionary leadership (e.g. MTU). What you've done here is referenced one of the bivariate correlations which simply proves my point. UAA upgraded their conference status to the WCHA in 1993, but has failed to upgrade their leadership approach and strategy to win (or at least .500) in the WCHA for 19 years. That's an unjustifiable and pathetic program record. This type of consistent perennial failure starts at the top, not with the players.

Comment

Your lame attempt at sarcasm, with nothing substantive or intelligent to add, is the only thing I see as "kee kiet".
        I have a long history of discussing the complex set of geographic, institutional and operational challenges that have long contributed to UAA's status at the bottom of the WCHA.

Classy scholarship...and you write a blog for UAA?
        No again. I write a blog for UAA fans. It's about UAA hockey. It's called the UAA Hockey Fan blog. Lots of the above noted discussions have occurred there over the years. So um ... really the last thing needed is to attempt to address some drive-by critique from someone who's first assertions get no deeper than the shallow end of the pool.

Now tell me what the problem is, sparky?
        No.

UAA leadership needs to decide if they want to realistically compete in the WCHA or continue with their infamous "doormat" status.
        Yeah um .... one of the many contributing factors fixes itself after next season; the current and future WCHA are quite different animals. Another subject on which I've expressed myself at length both here and on my blog.

I would not recommend any player go to UAA for men's hockey until the AD and coaching staff at UAA get serious about resolving their perennial ineptitude.
        Best of luck in your quest. I'm sure you'll manage to keep lots of fine players from attending UAA with your excellent posts here.

Comment

Originally posted by uaafanblog View Post
          I have a long history of discussing the complex set of geographic, institutional and operational challenges that have long contributed to UAA's status at the bottom of the WCHA.
          Operational challenges...that's funny. Institutional challenges? Geographic challenges? That's total BS blogman and you know it. These were not covariates when UAA was NCAA D1 Independent.

No again. I write a blog for UAA fans. It's about UAA hockey. It's called the UAA Hockey Fan blog. Lots of the above noted discussions have occurred there over the years. So um ... really the last thing needed is to attempt to address some drive-by critique from someone who's first assertions get no deeper than the shallow end of the pool.

No.
          Ok blogman.

Yeah um .... one of the many contributing factors fixes itself after next season; the current and future WCHA are quite different animals. Another subject on which I've expressed myself at length both here and on my blog.
          I suspect the UAA outcome in the new, downgraded WCHA will be roughly the same until the leadership is changed for the better. Write it down.

Best of luck in your quest. I'm sure you'll manage to keep lots of fine players from attending UAA with your excellent posts here.
          FYI, there's a difference between not recommending and a "quest". I wouldn't expect you to know that though.

Comment

Some very talented hockey players have passed through the UAA system who could have seen lots of ice time with more focused NCAA hockey D1 programs built on visionary leadership (e.g. MTU). What you've done here is referenced one of the bivariate correlations which simply proves my point. UAA upgraded their conference status to the WCHA in 1993, but has failed to upgrade their leadership approach and strategy to win (or at least .500) in the WCHA for 19 years. That's an unjustifiable and pathetic program record. This type of consistent perennial failure starts at the top, not with the players.
            Wow.You are nuts. Totally missed the point.
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
              Wow.You are nuts. Totally missed the point.
              No, you totally missed the initial point...leadership. So UAA should stay crappy to give players a chance to play on the first line? You're an idiot.

Comment

No, you totally missed the initial point...leadership. So UAA should stay crappy to give players a chance to play on the first line? You're an idiot.
                Your subjective gauge of what crappy is, is wholly influenced by it's relative nature. It's likely a product of being a fan of a megalithic program. Your experiences as a fan (and/or whatever it is you think you are) of it are inadequate with regard to the subject.

Comment

Now there's the Harley none of us have missed this season.

Comment

Your subjective gauge of what crappy is, is wholly influenced by it's relative nature. It's likely a product of being a fan of a megalithic program. Your experiences as a fan (and/or whatever it is you think you are) of it are inadequate with regard to the subject.
                    Your best shot at trying to write something intelligent and you still soiled yourself.

BTW "crappy" was not my term, it was used by a drunken poster who attempted to construct a interpretable post...try to follow along. Personally, I would use a stronger pejorative term to describe UAA's abysmal train wreck of a hockey program. FYI, anyone with a heartbeat would concur that UAA's 19 years of documented below .500 failure in the WCHA is "objective", not subjective. You're the one making the lame, but entertaining excuses for this colossal disaster.

UAA has: 1) access to a large recruiting pool of Canadian Juniors, USHL and other recruiting markets exists, 2) showed consistent success as a D1 Independent, 3) a reasonably strong fan base, and 4) more than adequate hockey facilities. Given these factors exist, their consistent dismal record is generally a failure of the leadership to adapt to the unique challenges and forecast investment in the program.

Just think...next year UAA will celebrate two full decades of total incompetence! You could run a special edition blogman! Of course, when the new, downgraded WCHA begins this will all come to an unfortunate end. It's a good thing Sullivan has lots of space for future banners.

Comment

Originally posted by Stauber1 View Post
                      Now there's the Harley none of us have missed this season.
                      "none of us"? So you're a representative of the "I don't understand big words" contingent? You even fail at being a smart***.

Comment

It's a good thing Sullivan has lots of space for future banners.
                        Because being out from under the hegemonic thumb of a couple of Big 10 schools while trying to compete with decades of success (DU, UND, CC) when you make 7 or 8 road trips of 3000+ miles all while listening to every one of those bigger more well funded programs whine about travel is a bad thing.

Listen up you pretentious twat. You came into this thread and continue to make assertions that nobody other than you is interested in hearing. Why? Because you have no real interest in the issue other than to "sound" like whatever it is you are trying to sound like. Or is it just that you see some posters on a forum who are unfortunate enough to follow an NCAA team with a long losing record and figured you could just spew whatever you could in any attempt to make yourself feel superior?

The departure of you and yours is anticipated with nothing but joy from over here.

Comment

"none of us"? So you're a representative of the "I don't understand big words" contingent? You even fail at being a smart***.
                          For such a smart-guy you seem to struggle with knowing how literal to take statements made by others.

I hate to break it to you, but your choice in words doesn't pass over as many folks' heads as you hope. Just because most people choose to converse in a more common fashion doesn't mean that they don't understand your unnecessary and painfully transparent usage of a rather particular lexicon on a general discussion board.

But I wasn't even really speaking to that. Mostly just your general attitude.

And thanks for demonstrating so perfectly what I was getting at. Not that anyone needed yet another demonstration.

I'm looking forward to some play-off hockey, especially with it looking like MN will have some muscle to flex this season.
                          I'm going to buck the conventional wisdom and say MN comes out flying Friday and rolls over UAA. We'll see what kind of fight the Seawolves have in them on Saturday.

Comment

Because being out from under the hegemonic thumb of a couple of Big 10 schools while trying to compete with decades of success (DU, UND, CC) when you make 7 or 8 road trips of 3000+ miles all while listening to every one of those bigger more well funded programs whine about travel is a bad thing.

Listen up you pretentious twat. You came into this thread and continue to make assertions that nobody other than you is interested in hearing. Why? Because you have no real interest in the issue other than to "sound" like whatever it is you are trying to sound like. Or is it just that you see some posters on a forum who are unfortunate enough to follow an NCAA team with a long losing record and figured you could just spew whatever you could in any attempt to make yourself feel superior?

The departure of you and yours is anticipated with nothing but joy from over here.
                            Ahhh....did I hurt your feelings? I'd love for you repeat what you said in your post to me in person. I highly doubt you would ever do it again. UAA hockey program is a historical and unmitigated disaster. I'd suggest you use your blog to level a critique where is it needed.

Comment

Originally posted by Stauber1 View Post
                              For such a smart-guy you seem to struggle with knowing how literal to take statements made by others.

I hate to break it to you, but your choice in words doesn't pass over as many folks' heads as you hope. Just because most people choose to converse in a more common fashion doesn't mean that they don't understand your unnecessary and painfully transparent usage of a rather particular lexicon on a general discussion board.

But I wasn't even really speaking to that. Mostly just your general attitude.

And thanks for demonstrating so perfectly what I was getting at. Not that anyone needed yet another demonstration.

I'm looking forward to some play-off hockey, especially with it looking like MN will have some muscle to flex this season.
                              I'm going to buck the conventional wisdom and say MN comes out flying Friday and rolls over UAA. We'll see what kind of fight the Seawolves have in them on Saturday.
                              I have no agenda to post over heads here nor do I use a thesaurus. All I know is you seem to enjoy stalking me (Stalker1). Are you a gay guy in your closet or something?

Comment

Ahhh....did I hurt your feelings? I'd love for you repeat what you said in your post to me in person. I highly doubt you would ever do it again.
                                Guarantee that I would say it to you tough guy. With you laying on your back ...

I'd suggest you use your blog to level a critique where is it needed.
                                As I've already indicated but you've failed to grasp; it has nothing to do with you.

Comment

Working...
                                X