BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
    Skating Friar Jersey
    AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
    UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
    Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Re: HEA Quarterfinals: #7 Providence @ #2 UMass-Lowell

Providence with the 2-1 upset...ha, but not really though, Lowell in a sweep.
    Northeastern Huskies

Beanpot Champions: 2018, 2019
    Hockey East Champions: 2016, 2019

Comment

Lowell just manhandled PC winning 9-3 on aggregate (if you consider that PC scored by having the puck go through the side of the net when lifted and then by running the goalie for their 2nd) . No reason the same shouldn't happen again this week coming up.

Lowell sweeps, 4-1, 5-1

Comment

Anyone hear anything about Schaller's status for next weekend?

Comment

I will say that its nice to be on the giving end instead of the receiving end of this set up... having to go up to that downeast death hall.

Skating Friar Jersey

Comment

If Schaller,Adams and Montesano can play, this will be a dangerous series for Uml. If just Schaller can't play, UML wins in 2.
            Originally posted by HawksSk860 View Post
            Anyone hear anything about Schaller's status for next weekend?

Comment

Originally posted by F O F room fan View Post
              If Schaller,Adams and Montesano can play, this will be a dangerous series for Uml. If just Schaller can't play, UML wins in 2.
              Schaller's a good player, but come on. Lowell is on a completely different level than Providence. They just got their show run two straight games that weren't anywhere near as close as the score would indicate.

Unless Providence is going to clone Schaller half a dozen times, Lowell rolls two straight.
              Lowell Forever
              Forever Lowell

Comment

Lowell v PC is the only game Thursday. All the other series are Fri, Sat, Sun. It'll be good for Lowell to have this wrapped up by Friday and give them that extra day's rest heading to the Garden.

NBC Sports has a game on Friday and NESN will be doing a game on Saturday at 4pm. I don't think either would go to Alfond for just one game. I think BU will get at least one of them as they seem to be the most competitive series other than the Maine v Mack series.
                Last edited by bottomdweller; 03-04-2012, 06:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bottomdweller View Post
                  Lowell v PC is the only game Thursday. All the other series are Fri, Sat, Sun. It'll be good for Lowell to have this wrapped up by Friday and give them that extra day's rest heading to the Garden.

NBC Sports has a game on Friday and NESN will be doing a game on Saturday at 4pm. I don't think either would go to Alfond for just one game. I think BU will get at least one of them as they seem to be the most competitive series other than the Maine v Mack series.
                  BU/UNH Friday, BC/ZooMass Saturday... at least that's what I'd figure... I think if it ended up being UML/UNH we would have been on TV... high rank paired with reasonable TV draw... PC just doesn't do that.

Skating Friar Jersey

Comment

Schaller gives PC much more of a threat than they really showed the last two nights. If he's in, I can see this being closer ... but let me put it this way, this would be seriously disappointing if Lowell doesn't play at the Garden.
                    Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                    2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                    2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                    2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                    2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

It was just a few weeks ago that same UML team came into Schneider and looked horrible in a 1-0 loss. UML is a better team, but a healthy team stealing the series is not out of the question.
                      Originally posted by Patronick View Post
                      Schaller's a good player, but come on. Lowell is on a completely different level than Providence. They just got their show run two straight games that weren't anywhere near as close as the score would indicate.

Unless Providence is going to clone Schaller half a dozen times, Lowell rolls two straight.

Comment

It was just a few weeks ago that same UML team came into Schneider and looked horrible in a 1-0 loss. UML is a better team, but a healthy team stealing the series is not out of the question.
                        If the series was at PC, I could agree that they could steal the series. But I just don't seeing it happening at the Tsongas.

Comment

I could see this going three games if Schaller is in the lineup, but if this series come to a Carr vs. Beaudry battle in Lowell, I'll take Carr every time.

Without Schaller, or even with a less than 100% Schaller, I really don't see this getting past Friday. PC has been heading in the wrong direction for the past three weeks, going 0-4-2 after an impressive sweep vs. Maine and UMass and being outscored 22-6 since those wins.

I'm a little concerned about attendance this weekend, especially with a Thursday start. I would love to see this be a 715 or 730 PM start to give people time to arrive.
                          - John

2013, 2014, 2017: UML Hockey: Hockey East Champions!

Comment

Originally posted by John_Fuller View Post
                            I would love to see this be a 715 or 730 PM start to give people time to arrive.
                            That'd really make my day if they slid it back...
                            Gary

www.umlhockey.com
                            Unofficial Home of Lowell Hockey

182nd member to 2,000 posts
                            "It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
                            KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

The same game Lowell outshot PC 29-21 and lost 1-0 on a Tuesday night in the middle of a five games in eight days stretch (winning the other 4 games)?

Definition of a fluke game.

Edit: Providence is also 2-7-2 since that game.
                              Last edited by Patronick; 03-04-2012, 02:01 PM.
                              Lowell Forever
                              Forever Lowell

Comment

Working...
                              X