Oswego State Hockey 2011-2012 Part II: Hockey Never Sleeps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oswego State Hockey 2011-2012 Part II: Hockey Never Sleeps

I suppose since I closed the first thread, I should create the continuation. In honor of what I think is the worst sequel ever made...please continue the discussion of the Oswego State (Great) Lakers.

Re: Oswego State Hockey 2011-2012 Part II: Hockey Never Sleeps

Originally posted by LakerFan99 View Post
    I suppose since I closed the first thread, I should create the continuation. In honor of what I think is the worst sequel ever made...please continue the discussion of the Oswego State (Great) Lakers.
    I would have preferred "Electric Boogaloo" however your title is much more appropriate.
    Oswego State Great Lakers: 2007 National Champions
    08-09 WTOP 10 Sports Director
    2/20/2009: First Ever Laker Hockey Webcast

Comment

Originally posted by nysportsfan29 View Post
      I would have preferred "Electric Boogaloo" however your title is much more appropriate.
      Honest to God, 'Electric Boogaloo' was my second choice!

Comment

Originally posted by LakerFan99 View Post
        Hell yes, another thread in the books! Nice title choice - it doesn't make a potential jinx seem foreboding, and is quite apropos in description.
        "To all those graduating with a heart that will forever beat for hockey at a certain place on Lake Ontario...
        this is for you."
        ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Screw rebuilding - we RELOAD here!

Comment

Originally posted by Laker Ranger View Post
          Hell yes, another thread in the books! Nice title choice - it doesn't make a potential jinx seem foreboding, and is quite apropos in description.
          +1

Comment

*Yawn* Hockey never sleeps, but this fans gotta crash. Just moving back to this thread first, for the sake of some honest attention in our own "backyard". For our own NCAA tourney speculation, I was fairly confident that the braketologists' view of Adrian/Elmira visiting us in the QF was ours, win or lose. Its a convenience factor in terms of proximity between these schools, plus I'm banking that we switch with the Cadets to East #2, and no more. Unless MSOE pulls the upset, my personal guess is either the Bulldogs or Eagles return to the CC, as per speculated earlier by the experts.

Until that fateful decision arrives, our season's done...for a handful of hours yet. Snag some z's and get ready for a long night later today.
            "To all those graduating with a heart that will forever beat for hockey at a certain place on Lake Ontario...
            this is for you."
            ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

As much as it hurts...

WNYO and Oswego State Hockey Play by Play Announcer 2009-13 currently broadcasting for the NAHL's Keystone Ice Miners and still loving DIII hockey

Comment

Originally posted by OSUPBPMike View Post
                As much as it hurts...

Great job on the highlights video, but alas, you keep the #1 seed and the regular season title, and there are over 60 oher teams that would enjoy your pain - your season is not over yet.

PS, I remember well the Cardinal victory over Middlebury, championships are a lot like wine or fine cheddar, the longer it takes to perfect them the better they are!
                Larry Normandin
                SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
                WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Each Oswego team in tournament play yesterday-mens hoops, womens and mens hockey- each lost by one point/goal. Two of the three-mens hoops and womens hockey went deeper into their respective tournaments that had previously. I know this is very Norm-like but wanted to share. Congratulations to all three programs for a successful and entertaining season. Good luck to the Great Lakers in the NCAAS.

Comment

Originally posted by OZFEST View Post
                    Each Oswego team in tournament play yesterday-mens hoops, womens and mens hockey- each lost by one point/goal. Two of the three-mens hoops and womens hockey went deeper into their respective tournaments that had previously. I know this is very Norm-like but wanted to share. Congratulations to all three programs for a successful and entertaining season. Good luck to the Great Lakers in the NCAAS.
                    That's my boy

But couldn't you have found SOME link???
                    Larry Normandin
                    SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
                    WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Nice story on the Oz sports teams, with interviews with Titanic's and Whitelaw's dads. PS...you can tell that the reporter is from Oswego, based on her saying "ah-swiggo" several times.

http://www.9wsyr.com/news/local/stor...oDGLnLb2g.cspx

Comment

If everything goes well, we could have a rematch to advance to the National Championship. Gotta luv it!
                        2012-2013 Last Person Standing Champion
                        2012-2013 SUNYAC Pick'Em Champion
                        2012-2013, 2013-2014, 2016-2017 D-III Pick'Em Challenge Champion
                        2013-2014 MIACWIACNCHA Pick'em Champion, 2014-2015 MIACWIACNCHA Pick'em Co-Champion
                        2013-2014 Last Person Standing Losers Bracket Loser Champion
                        2014-2015 Atlantic Hockey Pick'em Champion

"A fast body-contact game played by men with clubs in their hands and knives laced to their feet.” - Paul Gallico

Comment

Originally posted by 97osu View Post
                          If everything goes well, we could have a rematch to advance to the National Championship. Gotta luv it!
                          It would've been even neater if we got them for the winner-take-all (2 years back potential), but hey...what a rubber match it would be.

Not to get too far ahead of ourselves, of course, with Elmira and all. Platty's going to have their hands full at Amherst too.
                          this is for you."

Comment

What happened back in October doesn't matter much now - Lakers need to be smart, aggressive and possessive...high energy at both ends of the ice...make every shift count.

Do all that and you won't have to buy a ticket for Lake Placid, boys - they let the guys wearing uniforms in for free....
                            LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

When would tickets go on sale for the EC Oswego game next Saturday?
                              2006, 2010 ECAC West Pick'Em Champion.

Comment

Working...
                              X