PDA

View Full Version : Scores of 3/3/12 - Punch that ticket or we'll C you Sunday night!!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10

LakerAlum09
03-03-2012, 09:27 PM
Key to the game tonight was hustle on the side of the Cardinals. They were everywhere on the ice, sacrificing the body and blocking shots and clogged up the middle good (reminded me very much of the Neumann game). Emery with another solid piece of coaching as he took a page out of Utica and Neumann's book. You cannot try to run with Oswego especially in the years past or you will get burned. They played great "D" and that is the reason why they are 21 time SUNYAC Champ. I never expect anything less of Plattsburgh, which is why I was shocked they looked so slow and shaky a couple weeks ago. It seems like this series is always decided by a coin flip, but it always lands on the wrong side for the Lakers when they meet the Cardinals in the finals. :(

By the way I think Brockport should get a look for the Pool C bid.:cool:;)

Transplanted Tiger Fan
03-03-2012, 09:33 PM
Anyone hear the St. Olaf vs G.A. score?

4-2 Final, G.A. (Live Stats (https://gustavus.edu/athletics/hky/LIVE/xlive.htm))

joecct
03-03-2012, 09:37 PM
St. Norbert College - the 2012 Peters Cup Champions!!!!!they proved me wrong. Congrats, Knights.
'

Hammer
03-03-2012, 09:48 PM
I told you a few months ago. You bet against St. Norbert at your own peril.

mdmadison
03-03-2012, 10:00 PM
Oswego was real slow and tentative after their quick start produced no results. Combine that with Plattsburgh's speed and commitment to defense and you see the end result. Oswego was actually pretty fortunate to score twice as even when they did get a chance to make something happen they just seemed a tick off
all night. They were due for an off game and unfortunately it happened against a team that
could make them really pay. Now we just put this one behind us and look towards the
ultimate goal.

Unfortunately it also seems Oswego plays a different game then what they played during the regular season when it comes to important games.

Stormy8174
03-03-2012, 10:06 PM
Unfortunately it also seems Oswego plays a different game then what they played during the regular season when it comes to important games.

Was the Fire Gosek thread dug up somewhere? :p

pete99race
03-03-2012, 10:16 PM
I told you a few months ago. You bet against St. Norbert at your own peril.
SNC is rounding into shape defensively, with consecutive shutouts.
Have allowed just six goals in last six games.

peddler
03-03-2012, 10:21 PM
4-2 Final, G.A. (Live Stats (https://gustavus.edu/athletics/hky/LIVE/xlive.htm))

Thanks. Shoulda looked there myself :rolleyes:

LakerAlum09
03-03-2012, 10:25 PM
Mdmadison, they were definitely not themselves tonight and stuck in quick sand. But, they pretty much play the same style game every time they step on the ice. Platty took advantage of our tentativeness and just hustled more to the loose pucks. I thought the defense was okay and nothing to really worry about there. The only problem I had was the inability to get the puck moving in the offensive zone and on net. You can win too many games with few shots like that, and they still almost pulled it out.

bakdraft21
03-04-2012, 10:40 PM
ok finally got to read what I thought I watched, they got out hustled and got what they got ....the Cards were/are on to how to stop our PP, they clog the middle and block shots inside,also Cadeux, was wise to the cross ice pass at the top of the umbrella and was there to stop all but whitelaws shot,I think they may want to look at working down low as other teams may have figured that out....congrtas to platty and their fans, and I was NOT at the game so it was NOT me fighting,hope nothing to big happened......I guess we have Elmira in a week,and we will here the old "its hard to beat a team 3x in a season" quote, well we will see about that, Elmira is talented and have a great bunch of seniors who show up for sure, NOTHING like the first 2 games this yr I am sure......hi ho hi ho its off to bed I go ..I think Hobart got jobbed as well......

Russell Jaslow
03-05-2012, 07:18 AM
ok finally got to read what I thought I watched, they got out hustled and got what they got ....the Cards were/are on to how to stop our PP, they clog the middle and block shots inside,also Cadeux, was wise to the cross ice pass at the top of the umbrella and was there to stop all but whitelaws shot,I think they may want to look at working down low as other teams may have figured that out....congrtas to platty and their fans, and I was NOT at the game so it was NOT me fighting,hope nothing to big happened......I guess we have Elmira in a week,and we will here the old "its hard to beat a team 3x in a season" quote, well we will see about that, Elmira is talented and have a great bunch of seniors who show up for sure, NOTHING like the first 2 games this yr I am sure......hi ho hi ho its off to bed I go ..I think Hobart got jobbed as well......

Are you planning on being in Lake Placid if Oswego gets there?

I think the "it's hard to beat a team three times in a season" philosophy doesn't really apply in this case. Those games were the first two games in the season, so both teams are so different now. They were nonconference games, so you really don't know how much experimenting both coaches were using those games for.

Personally, I'm paying no credence to what happened way back in October between these two teams. And I would think both coaches are instilling the same thoughts in their players.

bakdraft21
03-05-2012, 10:50 AM
Are you planning on being in Lake Placid if Oswego gets there?

I think the "it's hard to beat a team three times in a season" philosophy doesn't really apply in this case. Those games were the first two games in the season, so both teams are so different now. They were nonconference games, so you really don't know how much experimenting both coaches were using those games for.

Personally, I'm paying no credence to what happened way back in October between these two teams. And I would think both coaches are instilling the same thoughts in their players.I hear ya but I remember last yr or the yr b4 thats all we heard,who know,beating any team 3x is hard ,even harder when ya talk about Oz and platty........As for LP, I will be packing for a Disney cruise sat night and leaving on a jet plan to Calf. on the day the Lakers play in the NC,what timing I know, NOT sure what I will do, perhaps sit with the pilot and step on his foot:D so I can get there faster and watch the game, but it looks bleak as the flight is in the middle of the day I think.......I BLAME R.I.T......... and the wife......:D

Russell Jaslow
03-05-2012, 11:43 AM
I hear ya but I remember last yr or the yr b4 thats all we heard,who know,beating any team 3x is hard ,even harder when ya talk about Oz and platty........As for LP, I will be packing for a Disney cruise sat night and leaving on a jet plan to Calf. on the day the Lakers play in the NC,what timing I know, NOT sure what I will do, perhaps sit with the pilot and step on his foot:D so I can get there faster and watch the game, but it looks bleak as the flight is in the middle of the day I think.......I BLAME R.I.T......... and the wife......:D

Between you and me, you can blame the wife. In public, definitely blame RIT ... especially if your wife knows a good divorce lawyer.

LakerFan99
03-05-2012, 11:45 AM
Between you and me, you can blame the wife. In public, definitely blame RIT ... especially if your wife knows a good divorce lawyer.

I just realized that the NC game is on St. Patricks Day. That should be a fun night in Lake Placid. :eek:

Russell Jaslow
03-05-2012, 11:47 AM
I just realized that the NC game is on St. Patricks Day. That should be a fun night in Lake Placid. :eek:

Holy cr*p! I'm done for.

PSUChamps2001
03-05-2012, 11:57 AM

Be happy its in LP and not in Plattsburgh a few dozen years ago....Plattsburgh brought a whole new meaning to St.Pattys day!!
Could we see SNC and Oswego for a battle of the green on St.Pattys day?

NUProf
03-05-2012, 12:38 PM
Be happy its in LP and not in Plattsburgh a few dozen years ago....Plattsburgh brought a whole new meaning to St.Pattys day!!
Could we see SNC and Oswego for a battle of the green on St.Pattys day?

More likely NU vs. Platty with the edge to Norwich because of the Irish coach

bakdraft21
03-05-2012, 03:46 PM
all I know is when I was at Oz those nickel progressives that started at 7am were UNREAL........:D

bakdraft21
03-05-2012, 03:47 PM
Between you and me, you can blame the wife. In public, definitely blame RIT ... especially if your wife knows a good divorce lawyer.Ow I blame the wife BIG TIME, but hey if Oz gets there it OK with me.....can I get an internet connection on my laptop at 35,000ft?? will the NCAAs have it on the internet?? anyone Bueller???

NUProf
03-05-2012, 04:21 PM
Ow I blame the wife BIG TIME, but hey if Oz gets there it OK with me.....can I get an internet connection on my laptop at 35,000ft?? will the NCAAs have it on the internet?? anyone Bueller???

NCAA.com will be streaming the finals and semi finals from Lake Placid.
Some airlines now have the availability of wifi on their full size planes - for that info check your airline. If you are in the air during the time the game is played, and you are willing to pay 10 bucks or so for internet connectivity and your airline has it, you are good to go.