• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RPI @ Clarkson (Saturday, 3 March 2012) Game 2 Playoffs

More of the same, please.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Re: RPI @ Clarkson (Saturday, 3 March 2012) Game 2 Playoffs

2011-12 Thread-Starting Statistics:
    Code:
    Ralph Baer         6- 4- 0 12 points  .600
    fr joe             2- 5- 0  4 points  .286
    GRussinko          1- 1- 1  3 points  .500
    engineerhockeyfan  1- 1- 0  2 points  .500
    lugnut92           1- 2- 0  2 points  .333
    DrDemento          1- 3- 0  2 points  .250
    RKarger            0- 0- 1  1 point   .500
    fishcore12         0- 0- 1  1 point   .500
    jmhusker           0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    REDaero91          0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    jericho            0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    NYhockeyguy        0- 1- 0  0 points  .000

Cumulative 2003-4 - 2011-12 Thread-Starting Statistics
    Code:
    fr joe            27-31- 7 61 points  .469
    Ralph Baer        25-27- 8 58 points  .483
    engineerhockeyfan 16-19- 4 36 points  .462
    hockeyhound       11-13- 1 23 points  .460
    Red Cloud         11- 2- 1 23 points  .821
    GRussinko          8-14- 2 18 points  .375
    rpihockeyfan13     6- 6- 1 13 points  .500
    DrDemento          4-14- 3 11 points  .262
    RPIBMW             4- 5- 1  9 points  .450
    FlagDUDE08         4- 0- 0  8 points 1.000
    HighlanderRPI      3- 4- 1  7 points  .438
    burgie12           3- 1- 0  6 points  .750
    jericho            3- 7- 0  6 points  .300
    RPIHFH             1- 1- 1  3 points  .500
    JennyRN            1- 1- 1  3 points  .500
    Waite21            1- 4- 1  3 points  .250
    berbs91            1- 0- 0  2 points 1.000
    ambersuds          1- 0- 0  2 points 1.000
    JCrawford          1- 0- 0  2 points 1.000
    Jeffrey On         1- 1- 0  2 points  .500
    lugnut92           1- 2- 0  2 points  .333
    NYhockeyguy        1- 2- 0  2 points  .333
    REDRocket          1- 3- 0  2 points  .250
    redrocker          0- 0- 1  1 point   .500
    RKarger            0- 0- 1  1 point   .500
    fishcore12         0- 0- 1  1 point   .500
    Rockchops          0- 1- 1  1 point   .250
    vicb               0- 3- 1  1 point   .125
    RenPI              0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    johnk              0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    Cookin4Fun         0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    RPI-Fan-Go-Red     0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    Gophers #1         0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    ZYanksRule         0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    redhead18          0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    Priceless          0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    jmhusker           0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    REDaero91          0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    hawthr             0- 2- 0  0 points  .000

For your listening pleasure:

Fight Song
    ****** src="http://pepband.union.rpi.edu/music/LongHail.mp3" Loop=0 Volume=100 Panel="true" Height=20 Width=200 Controller="true" Autostart="false" Autoplay="false" Type="audio/mpeg">

Alma Mater
    ****** src="http://pepband.union.rpi.edu/music3/06%20Alma%20Mater.mp3" Loop=0 Volume=100 Panel="true" Height=20 Width=200 Controller="true" Autostart="false" Autoplay="false" Type="audio/mpeg">
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Dude. Allez rouge.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
        More of the same, please.
        Good job Ralph. I was expecting some Clarkson fan to get in real early to start the thread and break your streak.
        As for the Engineers, just keep on doing what you did last night.

LETS GO RED!!!!!!!!
        Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
        Benjamin Franklin
        The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
        Gary Player

Comment

I do not expect this one to be anywhere near as easy as last night. Not only will we have to play as well as we did last night, but we will have to be able to adapt to whatever CCT comes out with as they surely will be making some changes. After the way our special teams played yesterday-I am not sure whether i want another penalty fest or not. I also do not want to tempt fate-let's find a way to win this way (ugly, lucky or otherwise) and get the heck out of twon quickly. We have them on th eropes and we need to finish this today or it will only get harder. Let's Go Red! Let's Go Ralph!
          Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

There was a lot of talk about the sparse crowd last night. Is that normal, or can we expect a full house tonight making it even more difficult to close this out.
            Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
            Benjamin Franklin
            The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
            Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
              There was a lot of talk about the sparse crowd last night. Is that normal, or can we expect a full house tonight making it even more difficult to close this out.
              Over the years we have been up there to games 7 or 8 times. It was almost always a full house-loud-raucous-and much as I hate to say it, knowledgable. It may not be much else of a town but it sure was a college hockey town. But then again-for most of the years, HFH was packed when we were there-and loud. Maybe the entire landscape has changed?

Comment

Announced attendance was somewhere around 1,900 - and that may have been a little generous. Here's an (admittedly poor quality) panorama shot I took with about 3:00 left in the game last night. Most of the student section had vacated along with a good number of townies.

*****http://i971.***********.com/albums/ae197/GRussinko/PANO_20120302_211605.jpg******

I would expect a better turnout tonight given that it's Saturday - definitely hoping for more RPI fans to be in attendance as there were not very many last night.
                APBWiki

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                  Over the years we have been up there to games 7 or 8 times. It was almost always a full house-loud-raucous-and much as I hate to say it, knowledgable. It may not be much else of a town but it sure was a college hockey town. But then again-for most of the years, HFH was packed when we were there-and loud. Maybe the entire landscape has changed?
                  Doc - the only thing the fans were knowledgeable about last night was how to heckle the band. The only time they actually responded to a play on the ice was when we had a scoring chance taken away by a Clarkson player launching himself through Karpowich to knock the net off, which left RPI fans annoyed that there was no delay of game call. They seemed to think it was somehow our fault. Although they did do a fair bit of hooting and hollering while CJ was down on the ice, unable to stand after blocking a shot. (BTW, he was walking around OK after the game and said he'd be good to go for today).

Highlights also included their band playing over ours every time we scored a goal, and playing and screaming while we were doing the alma mater (after we stood quietly for theirs).

All that said, if their fans want to waste that much energy focused on our band, rather than the game on the ice, more power to them. Rather have them screaming at us for 60 minutes than at Merriam. It was quite satisfying to see our entire group watching the game calmly as their fans grew more and more agitated with us as time went on.
                  APBWiki

Comment

reading the boxscores of the other 3 games there were alot of sparse crowds last night. Are the schools all on break?
                    Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

some postgame interviews.....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3rR4...eature=related
                      Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by RPI92 View Post
                        Dude. Allez rouge.
                        No, I Dude. You RPI92.

Comment

Boy have I painted myself into a corner. I haven't listened to an away game since Army (out of frustration ATT). But then they started winning those games so I continued not listening. Now it's the playoffs & we're off to great start but as was pointed out on the game thread last night, continue to do exactly what we all did yesterday.....So, I'll wait till approx. 9:15 again tonight before logging on to the thread & living the game out as you all posted it

Comment

Originally posted by GRussinko View Post
                            Announced attendance was somewhere around 1,900 - and that may have been a little generous. Here's an (admittedly poor quality) panorama shot I took with about 3:00 left in the game last night. Most of the student section had vacated along with a good number of townies.

*****http://i971.***********.com/albums/ae197/GRussinko/PANO_20120302_211605.jpg******

I would expect a better turnout tonight given that it's Saturday - definitely hoping for more RPI fans to be in attendance as there were not very many last night.
                            My dad,sister and i might head out, so add 3 to the crowd
                            RIT Tigers
                            2006-2007, 2008-2009, 2009-2010, 2010-2011 Regular Season Champions
                            2010,2015, 2016 Atlantic Hockey Champions

Comment

Originally posted by GRussinko View Post
                              Doc - the only thing the fans were knowledgeable about last night was how to heckle the band. The only time they actually responded to a play on the ice was when we had a scoring chance taken away by a Clarkson player launching himself through Karpowich to knock the net off, which left RPI fans annoyed that there was no delay of game call. They seemed to think it was somehow our fault. Although they did do a fair bit of hooting and hollering while CJ was down on the ice, unable to stand after blocking a shot. (BTW, he was walking around OK after the game and said he'd be good to go for today).

Highlights also included their band playing over ours every time we scored a goal, and playing and screaming while we were doing the alma mater (after we stood quietly for theirs).

All that said, if their fans want to waste that much energy focused on our band, rather than the game on the ice, more power to them. Rather have them screaming at us for 60 minutes than at Merriam. It was quite satisfying to see our entire group watching the game calmly as their fans grew more and more agitated with us as time went on.
                              I can only say-things have changed. Our last trip up was in the late 1990's. What you describe though is not unexpected-we see the same thing here at Princeton. The Baker Rink crowd has changed dramatically over the years. In the old days the Princeton crowd, if nothing else, were well behaved and well dressed. In fact, it was an elegant evening to drive over for the game and then enjoy dinner out.

Comment

Working...
                              X