MTU season thread Part 3. The Mel Sky-Pearson chronicles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: MTU season thread Part 3. The Mel Sky-Pearson chronicles

Congratulations to the the Tech fans and the Team, too.
    GO DU !!!

Comment

Congratulations to the team on a gutty win against a very good team. CC is much better than I expected and our win, especially friday, was top notch. I loved our compete level and sense of urgency.
      Also thanks to all the alumni who have contributed over so many lean, lean years. This win did not just happen. Plenty of new facilities have been built and more are coming I'm sure. So this is a team win in the broadest possible way.
      I agree with HF this is frosting, but it is certainly nice frosting and I'll eat all I can get.

Shirtless, can we become a tuc with one more win? I thought maybe we might after last night, but we're not on the radar in the pairwise and 28th in Kratch. If we do become a tuc, this will have some implications big time for a few people no doubt.
      MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

I almost think I would rather have us play Denver. St, Clooud @ 7 PM will likely bring several hundred fans to the X, plus locals yokels who would hop on the wagon of any MN team first. With DU in the building at 2PM, Tech is probably assured of a mildly favorable crowd. Or, at least, a crowd of mostly empty seats.

Regardless, we can beat either opponent so long as we bring our best game.

Comment

wait. ESPN has us playing North Dakota????
          Originally posted by mtu_huskies
          "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
          Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
          Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
            wait. ESPN has us playing North Dakota????
            ESPN is idiots. Tech will play Denver or SCSU. Tech can not play UND until the championship game.
            Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
            when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
            Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

ESPN being idiots goes without saying. I was surprised they even knew college hockey was having tournaments.
              Originally posted by mtu_huskies
              "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
              Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
              Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

And since many of you weren't around the last time Tech was at the F5, you are invited to join the Gopher tailgate behind the Dairy Queen near the Xcel. Always a fun time. Just look for the flags.

Rumor has it the tailgate starts at about 10am on Thu-Fri, and 8am on Sat.
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
                  Go DU! (beating DU would also give us a chance to spank UMD again on Friday)
                  Congrats to Tech on a great season so far. I think a lot of tUMD would like to see us meet again at tF5.
                  UMD: tHobey Baker University.

Comment

Originally posted by DropPass View Post
                    Congrats to Tech on a great season so far. I think a lot of tUMD would like to see us meet again at tF5.
                    um, I meant "spank UMD again" in the nicest possible way... sir... if that's OK with you all.
                    (I need a "backpedaling" emoticon here that has the teeth clenched with a downturned mouth)
                    Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                    USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
                      um, I meant "spank UMD again" in the nicest possible way... sir... if that's OK with you all.
                      (I need a "backpedaling" emoticon here that has the teeth clenched with a downturned mouth)
                      It would a fun match up. Obviously I may be inclined to have the spankers become the spankees, if such a rematch were to occur. Hope it would be some good hockey. I always liked your fan base, not enough to marry a Techie, but you know what I mean. Good friendly sas-talk.
                      UMD: tHobey Baker University.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                        And since many of you weren't around the last time Tech was at the F5, you are invited to join the Gopher tailgate behind the Dairy Queen near the Xcel. Always a fun time. Just look for the flags.

Rumor has it the tailgate starts at about 10am on Thu-Fri, and 8am on Sat.
                        Really! That's awesome, thanks for the invite! I might show up!
                        Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                          Really! That's awesome, thanks for the invite! I might show up!
                          Smart arse.
                          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

MTU has Denver in the early game on Thursday.

Comment

Originally posted by eleneki View Post
                              MTU has Denver in the early game on Thursday.
                              Knock me over with a feather. eleneki posted!.

I played with the predictor but even if we win out there are some scenarios where Tech does not become a TUC, and I couldn't get us there without winning out.

Did the team get back yet?

Looking forward to thursday afternoon.

Go Huskies!
                              MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                                Knock me over with a feather. eleneki posted!.

I played with the predictor but even if we win out there are some scenarios where Tech does not become a TUC, and I couldn't get us there without winning out.

Did the team get back yet?

Looking forward to thursday afternoon.

Go Huskies!
                                Really, I did exactly one scenario last night and it just happened to be Tech losing to UND in the final, and Tech was still a TUC.

edit:Running a bunch more scenarios, I can't find a single situation where Tech advances to the championship game and they're not a TUC. But really, who cares whether or not Tech finishes the season as a TUC, except for maybe NMU fans, since Tech being a TUC could give them a boost.
                                Last edited by bigblue_dl; 03-12-2012, 10:01 AM.
                                Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Working...
                                X