All Time Allstar Team of College Players

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All Time Allstar Team of College Players

This team is based on there full careers. I'd be interested to know how many would be on an All Time College Allstar Team.

GOAL - Ken Dryden. Close on with Frank Brimsek, Tony Esposito and Ed Belfour.

DEFENSE - Brain Leetch, Chris Chelios. Another close one with Phil Housely and Rod Langway.

FORWARD - Joe Niewendyk (Centre), Brett Hull and Joe Mullen.

Re: All Time Allstar Team of College Players

Originally posted by Vulcanized Rubber View Post
    This team is based on there full careers. I'd be interested to know how many would be on an All Time College Allstar Team.

DEFENSE - Brain Leetch, Chris Chelios. Another close one with Phil Housely and Rod Langway.

Phil Housley never played college hockey.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Thank you sir....St Paul Vulcans. Was it called USHL back then?

Comment

That seems like a really small team.
        Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Best NHL players to play college or best college players?

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
            That seems like a really small team.
            What, hockey teams don't have 11 players, including 4 goaltenders? Next thing I know, I'll hear something incredibly crazy, like that hockey is played indoors.

Comment

Originally posted by William Blake View Post
              Except for Phil Housley who never played college hockey.
              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by William Blake View Post
                Players who played college.....would be interested to see if any would make an all star team based on their college careers. I don't know enough about D1 history to make that call. Perhaps someone would post that team. Would any of these players make it? It opens it up to a whole generation of young players. Is Ryan Miller the best college goalkeeper of all time?

Comment

Goal - Ed Belfour
                  Defense -Craig Ludwig, James Patrick
                  Forward - Greg Johnson, Jonathon Toews, Tony Hrkac
                  Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                  when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                  Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

That's a pretty good list. If we were looking at players based only on when they were in college, I would go with something like this...

FORWARDS:
                    John Mayasich
                    Brandon Morrison
                    Tony Hrkac
                    Brian Gionta
                    Red Berenson
                    Brian Cornell
                    Neal Broten
                    Paul Kariya
                    Tom Ross
                    Jim Montgomery
                    Dallas Gaume
                    Ben Cherski

DEFENSEMEN:
                    Keith Magnuson
                    Jordan Leopold
                    Matt Greene
                    Mark Fusco
                    Dan Lodboa
                    Mike Mottau

GOALIES:
                    Ken Dryden
                    Ryan Miller
                    North Dakota
                    National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                      Phil Housley never played college hockey.
                      and thus was never scored against... an overwhelmingly excellent indicator of brilliance and superiority at the college level.

I used to brag that patric ewing never scored against me in my 3 years as a college basketball forward.

Comment

sounds like you are getting responses for Division I college players after 1965 or some such date. Hard to figure out how also to include Division II and Division III players and also how to include players from the 1950s or earlier. Was Frank Chiarelli an all-time great forward whom few people can remember today because he set his scoring records in the early 1950s? or is he discounted from consideration because the game was somehow different back then?
                        "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Ron Wilson from PC, still the all time leading scorer with 250 points, and a Dman to boot......

Comment

Two of your six all-stars played in the ECAC for seven years. One played four years, the other three. Your other four college all-stars played a total of nine years of college hockey, one for four years, two for two years, one for one year. Does this mean the "EZAC" slur refers to the lax academic requirements of ECAC hockey, the Ivy League included (especially Cornell), rather than the quality of ECAC hockey?

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
                              Ron Wilson from PC, still the all time leading scorer with 250 points, and a Dman to boot......
                              250 points?

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...y.php?pid=7913

Did he have 153 in '74-'75?

FS23, I can't put Matt Greene on a list of all time great college dmen.

Comment

Working...
                              X