D-III All-Americans Watch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D-III All-Americans Watch

Got a pretty late start on this project this year...Usually I try and put it out around the beginning of February.

Here's my projections for the East Region All-Amercians as of right now:

East 1st Team:

F. Julie Fortier, Norwich
    F. Teal Gove, Plattsburgh
    F. Kourtney Kunichika, RIT
    D. Geneva Lloyd, Amherst
    D. Kristina Moss, RIT
    G. Sinead Murphy, Amherst

East 2nd Team:

F. Jillayne DeBus, Norwich
    F. Kayte Holtz, Bowdoin
    F. Megan Myers, Utica
    D. Amanda Wilks, Norwich
    D. Madison Styrbicki, Middlebury
    G. Sydney Aveson, Plattsburgh
    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
    GO LAKERS!!!
    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
    Oswego State '09

Re: D-III All-Americans Watch

I'd say west Region

F Dani Schulz, UWS
    F Allie Schwab, Gustavus
    F Nina Waidacher, St. Scholastica
    D Lindsey Hjelm Gustavus
    D Either Graham or Salis
    G Danielle Justice, Gustavus

I know there aren't many schools represented there, but the NCHA player of the year should be an all american, Nina Waidacher should get one, and i'd guess Schwab or Hjelm will be the MIAC player of the year. Shanley Peters could be in the running for goalie and maybe Alise Reidel from St Thomas...depending on who makes the MIAC team. The problem I see with Justice is that she faced just under 16 shots/game in her 17 starts this season. Compare that to Reidel who faced 25.5 shots per game or Peters with 22.5 shots per game and had similar Save % and GAA. I wouldn't be at all surprised if Reidel gets it actually.
    Last edited by gojackets; 02-27-2012, 08:23 AM.
    UWS Ladyjackets

NCHA League Champions: 2001, 2004, 2007, 2008
    NCHA Tournament Champs: 2008
    Frozen Four Participants: 2008

Comment

Originally posted by gojackets View Post
      I'd say west Region

F Dani Schulz, UWS
      F Allie Schwab, Gustavus
      F Nina Waidacher, St. Scholastica
      D Lindsey Hjelm Gustavus
      D Either Graham or Salis
      G Danielle Justice, Gustavus

I know there aren't many schools represented there, but the NCHA player of the year should be an all american, Nina Waidacher should get one, and i'd guess Schwab or Hjelm will be the MIAC player of the year. Shanley Peters could be in the running for goalie and maybe Alise Reidel from St Thomas...depending on who makes the MIAC team. The problem I see with Justice is that she faced just under 16 shots/game in her 17 starts this season. Compare that to Reidel who faced 25.5 shots per game or Peters with 22.5 shots per game and had similar Save % and GAA. I wouldn't be at all surprised if Reidel gets it actually.
      When is this selection made and do playoff performances factor into these selections?
      F Dani Schulz UWS
      F Nina Waidacher, St Scholastica Kate Batters UWRS
      F Allie Schwab Gustavus
      D Lindsey Hjelm Gustavus
      D Kaiti Graham
      G Shanley Peters UWS or Alise Reidel St Thomas followed by Danielle Justice* Gustavus
      * It sucks but Justice played 7 games where she faced less than 11 shots didnt play in either game vs UWS which would have been one of the top teams that they played. Tough to pick some of these players. If playoffs come into play then does that effect Nina's status with not picking up any points in the two games?

Comment

Originally posted by yellowjacket View Post
        When is this selection made and do playoff performances factor into these selections?
        F Dani Schulz UWS
        F Allie Schwab Gustavus
        D Lindsey Hjelm Gustavus
        D Kaiti Graham
        G Shanley Peters UWS or Alise Reidel St Thomas followed by Danielle Justice* Gustavus
        * It sucks but Justice played 7 games where she faced less than 11 shots didnt play in either game vs UWS which would have been one of the top teams that they played. Tough to pick some of these players. If playoffs come into play then does that effect Nina's status with not picking up any points in the two games?
        The selections are announced at the banquet the night before the D-III women's Frozen Four starts.

I believe all performances are taking into consideration up until each conference's final and maybe even the first round of the NCAA Tournament. I can't remember when the ballots are due back at this moment.
        GO LAKERS!!!
        "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
        Oswego State '09

Comment

F Dani Schulz UWS
          F Allie Schwab Gustavus
          D Lindsey Hjelm Gustavus
          D Kaiti Graham
          And only players that made an all-conference team are eligible, so for instance...Deardorff cannot be an All-American
          UWS Ladyjackets

Comment

Which is sad because she is clearly one of the better goalies in NCHA or MIAC this year. Luck of the draw I guess.
            haters gonna hate

Comment

?
              Justice only recieved honorable mention honors in the MIAC so she won't even be eligible.

I'd be surprised if it wasn't Reidel at this point in time.

Does the west still only get one team?
              UWS Ladyjackets

Comment

Originally posted by gojackets View Post
                Justice only recieved honorable mention honors in the MIAC so she won't even be eligible.

I'd be surprised if it wasn't Reidel at this point in time.

Does the west still only get one team?
                Last year early in the season I was told the West was getting two teams yet they only had one when it came down to it at the banquet.

I have not heard anything this year so I would assume it's still only one team.
                GO LAKERS!!!
                Oswego State '09

Comment

Working...
                X