Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: tUMD @ SCSU: You want a McNaughton? You gotta go through us

Originally posted by beersong View Post
    I'm not sure anyone from the 6th congressional district should be making fun of other people's elected officials.

Happy Birthday to Elvis Presley!
    I'm from Apple Valley. I live in Plymouth. I just went to school in St. Cloud.

Also, Bachmann is horrible, but at least she didn't waste her constituents money to come up with a plan for a stadium for a team that would never in a million years relocate to that city.
    Last edited by Tipsy McStagger; 03-02-2012, 08:53 AM.
    Originally posted by SJHovey
    Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
    Originally posted by Brenthoven
    We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Any bets on who takes the first penalties?
      I am betting on Taylor Johnson for SCSU and Joe Basaraba for UMD.

I don't actually live in my district, my PO box is in South Dakota for tax purposes and I live in an RV.
      Last edited by hockeykrazy; 03-02-2012, 08:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeykrazy View Post
        I saw that the renovations for the NHC will increase seating capacity to 8,000...if they are struggling to selling out the building tonight why even bother making it bigger?!

The grandmasters in charge want a regional events center for concerts etc so they can grease each other's wheels and pat themselves on the back. They are just about done with the River's Edge Convention Center downtown and this is the next phase of focusing our community around the Mississippi - some kind of group think utopia - I'm feeling like a Saint on a Cloud already. They also redid Lake George and the Library and after this there are plans for a water park. The baseball River Bats have changed back to the Rox and there is excitement and spring fever in the air. There are also plans to bring baseball on campus just south of the NHC and upgrade parking and the football stadium. We also have money coming out of our ears for a brand new Technology center. I just need more of that Wine tasting koolaid that they are drinking. Pretty soon we'll be the envy and the bright star of central Minnesota. Until then we are currently a black hole for your tax dollars.
        You are right. They should have just kept the city the way it was and not built anything. Everything that got fixed/replaced, needed to be. The old library was in a part of town nobody ever goes to and was very small. The NHC used $6 million of taxpayer money. That is 20% of what the arena costs. Which came from the state, not the local government.

The sad part is that you live there, and you want it to remain an old city.
        Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
        We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
          I'm from Apple Valley. I live in Plymouth. I just went to school in St. Cloud.

Also, Bachmann is horrible, but at least she didn't waste her constituents money to come up with a plan for a stadium for a team that would never in a million years relocate to that city.
          Instead she gets Congress to pass a $670 million bridge.
          tUMD

Comment

It's fun to play the what-if game isn't it?
            You can send a tweet and ask Mick Hatten. He plays "what if" in his recent article in The St. Cloud Times.

Comment

You are right. They should have just kept the city the way it was and not built anything. Everything that got fixed/replaced, needed to be. The old library was in a part of town nobody ever goes to and was very small. The NHC used $6 million of taxpayer money. That is 20% of what the arena costs. Which came from the state, not the local government.

The sad part is that you live there, and you want it to remain an old city.
              It's called sarcasm and I love it all! I am pretty excited and I'll be there this afternoon. I love the grand vision and I just hope it all pays off.

Comment

Originally posted by Husckey Domi Nation View Post
                You can send a tweet and ask Mick Hatten. He plays "what if" in his recent article in The St. Cloud Times.
                He also incorrectly spells the name of the league trophy, but I guess that is to be expected if your team has never won it.
                tUMD

Comment

He also incorrectly spells the name of the league trophy, but I guess that is to be expected if your team has never won it.
                  Since we came into the league, your team has won it...once. Twenty years ago. Not sure you should be getting too haughty.

Comment

Since we came into the league, your team has won it...once. Twenty years ago. Not sure you should be getting too haughty.
                    1>0.

Comment

• Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
                      1>0.
                      After this weekend it will be 2 > 0
                      tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

I always hear the excuse from SCSU fans that their program hasn't been around long enough.. only 20 years in the WCHA blah blah... tUMD won two regular season championships, two playoff championships, went to the Frozen Four twice and had two Hobey Baker winners in their first 20 years in tWCHA. It might be time to put those excuses away and just face reality that your program sucks.
                        tUMD

Comment

• Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                          The best thing about this video? The comments, because people actually like it! Ha!

St, Clooud State sucks
                          I know this was a ways back but I have to ask...

What in the hell was that!?!
                          the state of hockey is good

Comment

• Originally posted by beersong View Post
                            I always hear the excuse from SCSU fans that their program hasn't been around long enough.. only 20 years in the WCHA blah blah... tUMD won two regular season championships, two playoff championships, went to the Frozen Four twice and had two Hobey Baker winners in their first 20 years in tWCHA. It might be time to put those excuses away and just face reality that your program sucks.
                            You guys spent 35 years as a D-1 independent and it was the backend of your first 20 years that you won those titles, so congrats, it took you 55 years to do ****. Call CC for congratulations, they know stretches like that.
                            tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Originally posted by section16rowA View Post
                              Is poster Duder somehow idolizing DL?
                              Actually I was trying to idolize Skeeterman but I misspelled horribly.

Comment

• Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                                I know this was a ways back but I have to ask...

What in the hell was that!?!
                                A: Awesome
                                tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Working...
                                X