Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: tUMD @ SCSU: You want a McNaughton? You gotta go through us

Originally posted by scsutommyboy View Post
    I doubt Harding plays even if they lose Friday.
    Harding? You got the Wild on your brain. But I know what you mean.

No, I think Nate gets some game time action this week.

Comment

Originally posted by section16rowA View Post
      Is the other Hermantown alum, current SCSU senior Drew LeBlanc playing this weekend? My kids attend Hermantown.
      Unfortunately Drew will not play this weekend, if at all this season. His loss arguably kept SCSU from finishing as one of the top three WCHA teams this season. Hopefully Nate does the Hawks proud this weekend assuming he plays.

Comment

Originally posted by Husckey Domi Nation View Post
        Harding? You got the Wild on your brain. But I know what you mean.

No, I think Nate gets some game time action this week.
        oops, sorry I meant Hardy....

Wow, inside info Hardy? Other practice goalies at SCSU traditionally have not played senior night. It would be cool if Motzko could slide him in for at leat a while.
        I am Tommyboy, and I approve this message.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

oops, sorry I meant Hardy....

Wow, inside info Hardy? Other practice goalies at SCSU traditionally have not played senior night. It would be cool if Motzko could slide him in for at leat a while.
          No inside info. Just a lame guess on my part. Considering the season has involved some unusual events, why not end it with one more?

Comment

His loss arguably kept SCSU from finishing as one of the top three WCHA teams this season. Hopefully Nate does the Hawks proud this weekend assuming he plays.
            That would have to be one HELL of an argument.

Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
            And that Education degree from UMD is doing great for Biddco. He's subbing gym classes.
            Pfft. I could have gotten the same degree from SCSU, MSU-M, UMTC, UND, NDSU, UW-RF, UW- Stout, UST, BSU or any other college in the upper midwest and still would be in the same position. The job market stinks for me.
            tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post

Pfft. I could have gotten the same degree from SCSU, MSU-M, UMTC, UND, NDSU, UW-RF, UW- Stout, UST, BSU or any other college in the upper midwest and still would be in the same position. The job market stinks for me.
              Something like 60%-70% of all college grads end up working in a field that is different than what their major was in..... Maybe it is time to move on?
              I am Tommyboy, and I approve this message.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

Something like 60%-70% of all college grads end up working in a field that is different than what their major was in..... Maybe it is time to move on?
                I'll probably get another license and that will open up more opportunities within my field.
                tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

I'll probably get another license and that will open up more opportunities within my field.
                  A license to kill?!?
                  tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Not necessarily. I strongly question whether UM, UMD or Denver would be where they are in the WCHA standings if they played without Bjuqstad, Connolly or Zucker most of the year. Not just the loss of scoring from that player, but also the likelihood of the additional loss of scoring from the other players on their lines.

With respect to St. Cloud State, LeBlanc was their captain this year, the returning leading scorer from last year's team, and was leading the team in scoring this year at the time of his injury. He was the most important player on their special teams. And I question also whether second line forward Cam Reid would have left the team if LeBlanc was still playing and St. Cloud, presumably therefore, had a better won - loss record at the end of 2011.

But it is just a hypothetical scenario which many teams can argue as to why their season didn't go as well as they had hoped last fall.

Comment

Really? Putting LeBlanc in the same league as Bjugstad, Connolly and Zucker? Dohkay.
                      tUMD

Comment

... His [Drew LeBlanc] loss arguably kept SCSU from finishing as one of the top three WCHA teams this season...
                        This is worthy of a Preposterous Statement Tournament V nomination.
                        Last edited by UMDbulldogs#1; 02-29-2012, 07:21 PM.
                        How do they expect us to throw hotdogs at the gophers with that [Expletive deleted] net in front of us?

We choose to go to the moon. We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard...

Original Penalty Box Member

Comment

Also Mickey Spencer leaving the team arguably kept UAA from finishing as one of the top three WCHA teams this season.
                          Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                          when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                          Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by beersong View Post
                            Really? Putting LeBlanc in the same league as Bjugstad, Connolly and Zucker? Dohkay.
                            Well....he was the best player on his team. In that way he was similar....

Comment

Originally posted by beersong View Post
                              He did have 12 points in 10 games at the time he went down, he was the leader of this team, its best all-around forward and the catalyst for the offense.
                              It's not that big of a stretch.
                              However, Cam Reid still leaves, even with Drew still playing, I mean he was promised top line time with 2 draft picks on Portland.
                              "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                              -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                              Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                              Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                              Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                              Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Well, he is no Mitch Ryan.
                                tUMD

Comment

Working...
                                X