College Hockey: By the Decade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• College Hockey: By the Decade

College Hockey Weekly has announced their newest historical look at college hockey with their "College Hockey: By the Decade." CHW plans to unveil All-Decade Teams, Coach of the Decade, Teams and Programs of the Decade, and Games of the Decade. They have already released their 2000s All-Decade Team...

http://collegehockeyweekly.com/2000s...cade-Team.html

I thought I would start this thread for discussion on how the decades unfold. Also, I believe CHW plans on doing each decade back to at least the 1930s. Anyway, enjoy!
    North Dakota
    National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Re: College Hockey: By the Decade

This looks like fun! Glad to see DU's Matt Carle as a 1st team selection.

Too many CC Tiggies for my taste, But Sertich-Sterling-Seijna are hard to ignore.
    GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
      This looks like fun! Glad to see DU's Matt Carle as a 1st team selection.

Too many CC Tiggies for my taste, But Sertich-Sterling-Seijna are hard to ignore.
      I found out about this last night, and it looks like it should be a lot of fun. DU had a lot of really good players in the decade, and there are a few that could have found their way onto the list, but at the end of the day, it's really hard to be one of the top 18 players in a decade.
      North Dakota

Comment

I'm surprised Chris Kunitz didn't get a nod. I know he lost the Hobey to Sejna, but I've never seen a single player be as valuable to his team as him. Single-handedly took the Bulldogs to the CCHA Regular Season Title, CCHA Championship Game and the NCAA Final Eight. All unchartered waters for the Bulldogs. He also had many great performances against other players on the list, like his multi-goal games against Miller.

I think he also got 2 goals against the Sioux and 2 goals against the Gophers in the NCAA tournament.
        Last edited by hattrick16; 02-26-2012, 02:36 PM.
        "What I get paid for are the practices, I would play the games for nothing."
        - Tim Horton

Ferris State University
        CCHA Champions 2003 & 2012

Comment

Little surprised at Leopold being second team when you look at the stats. Can't be that he graduated in 2002 when you look at the selections at forward.
          the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
            Little surprised at Leopold being second team when you look at the stats. Can't be that he graduated in 2002 when you look at the selections at forward.
            Agreed. I had Leopold as a First Teamer, but he lost out on the second spot to Gilroy. I thought Leopold had a more complete career.
            North Dakota

Comment

Originally posted by hattrick16 View Post
              I'm surprised Chris Kunitz didn't get a nod. I know he lost the Hobey to Sejna, but I've never seen a single player be as valuable to his team as him. Single-handedly took the Bulldogs to the CCHA Regular Season Title, CCHA Championship Game and the NCAA Final Eight. All unchartered waters for the Bulldogs. He also had many great performances against other players on the list, like his multi-goal games against Miller.

I think he also got 2 goals against the Sioux and 2 goals against the Gophers in the NCAA tournament.
              Forward was definitely a difficult spot to crack. I didn't have Kunitz on my ballot, but he was in the running. I believe he just missed out on the Honorable Mention list, as Johnny Pohl beat him out.
              North Dakota

Comment

Panzer wasn't robbed
                Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                  Panzer wasn't robbed
                  No he was not

Panzer was a near unanimous choice despite playing half his career in the 1990s.
                  North Dakota

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                    Agreed. One less All-American honor, one more Hobey finalist honor and 50 more points.

Comment

I'm a pretty serious Denver homer, and frankly know very little about anything outside the WCHA, but there are a few things that I would hope to see from the 2000's. One would have been Matt Carle on the all-decade team, so there's that. I'd love to see the '01-'02 Denver team on there. 32-8-1, only to lose to Michigan on their home ice in the national tournament. It also seems like Gwoz should merit some consideration for coach of the decade, but I think there's a whole lot of competition there.

Comment

Originally posted by duper View Post
                        I'm a pretty serious Denver homer, and frankly know very little about anything outside the WCHA, but there are a few things that I would hope to see from the 2000's. One would have been Matt Carle on the all-decade team, so there's that. I'd love to see the '01-'02 Denver team on there. 32-8-1, only to lose to Michigan on their home ice in the national tournament. It also seems like Gwoz should merit some consideration for coach of the decade, but I think there's a whole lot of competition there.
                        Coach of the Decade will be very interesting. Gwoz, Lucia, and York all won two titles in the decade. I would lean towards York though, as BC made 6 trips to the Frozen Four (Lucia only made 3, while Gwoz only made 2), 5 title games, and won it all twice.
                        North Dakota

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                          Coach of the Decade will be very interesting. Gwoz, Lucia, and York all won two titles in the decade. I would lean towards York though, as BC made 6 trips to the Frozen Four (Lucia only made 3, while Gwoz only made 2), 5 title games, and won it all twice.
                          I knew Lucia won two titles, and although I couldn't tell you any of York's numbers, I know that BC had an awfully good decade.

Comment

Originally posted by duper View Post
                            I knew Lucia won two titles, and although I couldn't tell you any of York's numbers, I know that BC had an awfully good decade.
                            Agreed. I would imagine that BC will be Program of the Decade.
                            North Dakota

Comment

Western Bias.

Comment

Working...
                              X