Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Minnesota hosts Wisconsin: March 2-3 - MacNaughton in the house

Originally posted by SanTropez View Post
    I had hoped the roof would come crashing down during the game.
    Only if the game had been played in Grand Forks. Urban renewal? God's wrath for living in a flood plain?

Comment

Originally posted by johnnypohlfan View Post
      i nominate this for best post ever. You truly are a genius among fools. Congratulations.

glad to be able to entertain.

Hope goofer nation fails once again in the post season. Once paterson is done you can go back to all offense poor defense and fail in the regular season with all that talent. Cant wait.

Comment

Originally posted by wjefwhite View Post

Hope goofer nation fails once again in the post season. Once paterson is done you can go back to all offense poor defense and fail in the regular season with all that talent. Cant wait.
        Wow, those are some pretty sour grapes.
        @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
        On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
        High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

Some sour grapes indeed. These are the types of fans I won't miss when we leave the WCHA. Every fan has a right to feel how they want about opposing schools and their teams, but jeez.....don't try to put your fool reply and the word "entertain" in the same post. Probably time for you to hit the bathroom with the latest copy of Better Homes and Gardens and leave the entertaining to the rest of us who are actual "real" college hockey fans.

Comment

Originally posted by Gphrpkhead View Post
            Some sour grapes indeed. These are the types of fans I won't miss when we leave the WCHA. Every fan has a right to feel how they want about opposing schools and their teams, but jeez.....don't try to put your fool reply and the word "entertain" in the same post. Probably time for you to hit the bathroom with the latest copy of Better Homes and Gardens and leave the entertaining to the rest of us who are actual "real" college hockey fans.
            Hate to break it to you, but wjefwhite will still be in the same conference as you.

Thanks for being "real" though. Too many casual and poser hockey fans around here.

Comment

Dang it....my time being a poser has been exposed. I guess I should have been more casual in my response
              Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
              Hate to break it to you, but wjefwhite will still be in the same conference as you.

Thanks for being "real" though. Too many casual and poser hockey fans around here.

Comment

You need a hug... or a "date".

Comment

Originally posted by SanTropez View Post
                  You need a hug... or a "date".
                  *****http://i820.***********.com/albums/zz128/Gurtholfin/USCHO/DateNight.jpg******

Comment

Originally posted by Driftryder View Post
                    Weekend preview from Gophersports
                    "If Minnesota is able to secure two points against Wisconsin this weekend or if Minnesota Duluth suffers, a loss at St. Cloud State, the Gophers will capture their first MacNaughton Cup since 2006-07."
                    1) This is incorrect, the Gophers need 3 points to secure the cup outright. If the Bulldogs and Gophers end the season with the same number of points, they will be co-champions. Head to head only matters for playoff seeding.
                    2) Whoever wrote this needs to learn how to use commas.
                    University of Minnesota Duluth Bulldogs
                    2007 Alumni
                    WCHA Regular Season Champions: 1984, 1985, 1993
                    WCHA Tournament Champions: 1984, 1985, 2009
                    NCAA Appearances: 1983, 1984, 1985, 1993, 2004, 2009, 2011
                    Frozen Four Appearances: 1984, 1985, 2004, 2011
                    National Champions: 2011

Comment

• Re: Minnesota hosts Wisconsin: March 2-3 - MacNaughton in the house

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                      *****http://i820.***********.com/albums/zz128/Gurtholfin/USCHO/DateNight.jpg******
                      Awesome!

That indeed is the "date" he needs.

Comment

Originally posted by johnnypohlfan View Post
                        I don't agree with this necessarily, and besides that, it wasn't the argument he was trying to make in the first place. He said many of us were claiming that the Gophers were the better team solely because we swept UMD earlier this year, regardless of what happened the rest of the way. Totally ridiculous, and its no surprise he hasn't backed up his claim.
                        Okay, I haven't been on here to check your thread the last few days, but I will back up my claim. I never said anything about posters on this site stating that the sweep was a fall back option, just Gopher fans that I've talked to. And these claims were made back when you guys were flirting with falling out of the NCAA tournament, and we were riding our long win streak. Do you really think winning the McNaughton makes you the better team? If so, I want to know what you're on, because it's gotta be better than the stuff I have.
                        "In heaven there is no beer. NO BEER! That's why we drink it here. RIGHT HERE!"

Comment

Originally posted by UMDSimmerdown View Post
                          1) This is incorrect, the Gophers need 3 points to secure the cup outright. If the Bulldogs and Gophers end the season with the same number of points, they will be co-champions. Head to head only matters for playoff seeding.
                          2) Whoever wrote this needs to learn how to use commas.
                          They will still have the cup as co-champions though.

It doesn't say that the Gophers would win it outright based on those two outcomes....
                          "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by dogs2012 View Post
                            Do you really think winning the McNaughton makes you the better team?
                            Yes, in the WCHA...we will have had more pts than you which makes us the better team.

Comment

It's great they changed the rules on the MacNaughton Cup this year so it is accorded the kind of respect it deserves. For the last 3 or 4 years, it has been treated like a poor cousin.

Comment

Hauser won a national title so that formula has worked before. Plus the defencemen we still have should be just fine.

Originally posted by dogs2012 View Post
                                Do you really think winning the McNaughton makes you the better team? If so, I want to know what you're on, because it's gotta be better than the stuff I have.

Hardware >> no hardware.
                                What is so hard to understand about that? If you were the better team don't you think you would have either a.) beat us at least once, or b.) had more points and win the cup instead of us.
                                Last edited by Tiggsy; 03-01-2012, 04:12 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X