Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota hosts Wisconsin: March 2-3 - MacNaughton in the house

Originally posted by goofy gopher View Post
    I am going to assume Lucia did not play Bjugstad tonight to protect him. If he can play tomorrow night, he should have been able to play tonight then too. I think Lucia is a great coach, but he sent the wrong message to the team by sitting his star. That message was we don't need him tonight, but if we lose he is in the line up tomorrow. I hate it! The gopher power play was rocking lately too, and now all momentum has been halted.
    I'm not sure exactly what the deal is on Bjugs, not a lot of info coming out so who knows...

But yes, he is crucial to our post-season hopes.
    Originally posted by CavalryNate
    Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
      Woohoo! We're above .500!

Baby steps...
      Come on now where is the congrats?
      Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
      dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
      wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

I am going to assume Lucia did not play Bjugstad tonight to protect him. If he can play tomorrow night, he should have been able to play tonight then too. I think Lucia is a great coach, but he sent the wrong message to the team by sitting his star. That message was we don't need him tonight, but if we lose he is in the line up tomorrow. I hate it! The gopher power play was rocking lately too, and now all momentum has been halted.
        Or he has a concussion and they can't tell anybody.
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Woohoo! We're above .500!

Baby steps...
          Gurt that's all you got?

We need pictures of deer, ditches and paint thinner.
          Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
          sigpic

Comment

He said in the pre-game that if it was a playoff game he would have probably played. I'm not convinced that sent the wrong message, but I could see that argument being made. I'd rather him get the extra day if it means they win tomorrow and finish the WCHA playoffs strong rather than risk him aggravating what he's got even further.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
              He said in the pre-game that if it was a playoff game he would have probably played.
              Interesting.

Good to hear that he will more than likely be in the lineup tomorrow night.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Driftryder View Post
                Plenty of paint thinner and deer to go around in Sconny tonight I'm sure.
                Gurt that's all you got?

We need pictures of deer, ditches and paint thinner.

What do you want me to say? We beat you tonight and that's always a good thing, but that doesn't change our mediocre season and you guys still clinched (a share) of the M-Cup - thanks to Duluth ****ting themselves.

Good win, but in the grand scheme, ain't no big thang...

Comment

Well, glad that game finally ended. Becky showed up for the game, played all-around solid hockey, and simply out-played the Gophers in every aspect of the game. Hoping the Gophers actually show up tomorrow and grab hold of the cup outright.

Comment

Will they have the ceremony before or after the game? Anybody know?
                    Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
                    dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
                    wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

What do you want me to say? We beat you tonight and that's always a good thing, but that doesn't change our mediocre season and you guys still clinched (a share) of the M-Cup - thanks to Duluth ****ting themselves.

Good win, but in the grand scheme, ain't no big thang...
                      True.

Maybe we need Jdubbs around here to pep things up.
                      sigpic

Comment

True.

Maybe we need Jdubbs around here to pep things up.

It's been nice to have a reprieve. Probably even for you guys.

He'd probably be saying that it was a victory of sorts for the Gophers because Barnes scored and well Barnes is from Minnesota and Barnes first started skating at age 3 because he wanted to be a Gopher some day....

Comment

He'd probably be saying that it was a victory of sorts for the Gophers because Barnes scored and well Barnes is from Minnesota and Barnes first started skating at age 3 because he wanted to be a Gopher some day....
                          Seems reasonable.
                          sigpic

Comment

It's been nice to have a reprieve. Probably even for you guys.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Gurtholfin again.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                              You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Gurtholfin again.
                              same
                              sigpic

Comment

Whatever. Y'all know I'll melt down again at some point and then we'll all be mortal enemies again.

Congrats on your Cup - hope Anchorage sweeps you.

Comment

Working...
                                X