Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MTU @ CC 3/2 - 3/3 Just a two game series or maybe up to 5 games in 10 days?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: MTU @ CC 3/2 - 3/3 Just a two game series or maybe up to 5 games in 10 days?

Originally posted by ronmexico View Post
    You two are really starting to get bitter. It seems a little sad to me.
    I've been to five games at World Arena and the only atmosphere in the place was created by the Tech fans that were there...the place is dead...its pretty pathetic actually.
    Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Re: MTU @ CC 3/2 - 3/3 Just a two game series or maybe up to 5 games in 10 days?

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
      I've been to five games at World Arena and the only atmosphere in the place was created by the Tech fans that were there...the place is dead...its pretty pathetic actually.
      That makes 3 of you... Anyone else want to have their name added to the list of Tech fans bitter at CC for no reason?
      Originally posted by vizoroo
      Thought you had picked the avatar so we could id you. Guess he fooled me too.
      Originally posted by duper
      I obviously missed it, but it sounds like some idiot from CC took trolling to a whole new, totally inappropriate level.

I was well over the borderline. I figured I would meet you on your turf.
      Every time you post like an *******, I want to quote the idiotic comment you made where you claim not to be a troll. You're such a dick.
      Originally posted by dggoddard
      Finally you made me laugh.

There may be hope for you yet.

Comment

That makes 3 of you... Anyone else want to have their name added to the list of Tech fans bitter at CC for no reason?
        How is stating a fact, being bitter? I felt the same way at the 2 games I attended in Denver...both arenas have been pretty dead and rather empty for the 7 games I attended. Tell me how what I've said based on personal observation can be viewed as bitter? Just stating my observation.
        Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

You two are really starting to get bitter. It seems a little sad to me.
          Starting? They have been bitter for 9 months!
          tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

How is stating a fact, being bitter? I felt the same way at the 2 games I attended in Denver...both arenas have been pretty dead and rather empty for the 7 games I attended. Tell me how what I've said based on personal observation can be viewed as bitter? Just stating my observation.
            Now I get your point! Wait.. no I don't... I don't remember you stating any facts at all.
            I obviously missed it, but it sounds like some idiot from CC took trolling to a whole new, totally inappropriate level.

Every time you post like an *******, I want to quote the idiotic comment you made where you claim not to be a troll. You're such a dick.

Comment

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
              But Todd Anderson and a Shepherd were the officials and they reign when it come to chaos.
              Anderson keeps rearing his ugly head. Lets hope he stays for the Kitty vs Doggie rematch and stays away from DU vs Wisconsin
              GO DU!!!!

ROWDY IN THE FIRST ROW!!!

DU Hockey National Champions: 1958, 1960, 1961, 1968, 1969, 2004, 2005

Comment

Oh, but all of CC's many fans were probably up in the mountains prancing in the snow instead of spending time supporting their favorite hockey team, because, you know, there is just so much to do in Colorado. Oh, wait, that's DU's excuse, my bad.
                Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                  Starting? They have been bitter for 9 months!
                  When is their due date?
                  Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                  when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                  Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                    Oh, but all of CC's many fans were probably up in the mountains prancing in the snow instead of spending time supporting their favorite hockey team, because, you know, there is just so much to do in Colorado. Oh, wait, that's DU's excuse, my bad.
                    You seem to be a fan of facts. I suggest that you actually look at them. While they aren't breaking any records, both CC and DUmb have far better attendance than MTU.

http://www.uscho.com/stats/attendanc...men/2011-2012/

Comment

• Re: MTU @ CC 3/2 - 3/3 Just a two game series or maybe up to 5 games in 10 days?

You seem to be a fan of facts. I suggest that you actually look at them. While they aren't breaking any records, both CC and DUmb have far better attendance than MTU.

Not as a percentage of the local population:
                      Michigan Tech = 2,898/38,000 = 7.6%
                      Colorado College = 6,931/647,000 = 1.1%
                      Denver = 5,541/2,543,000 = 0.2%

Comment

• Re: MTU @ CC 3/2 - 3/3 Just a two game series or maybe up to 5 games in 10 days?

Population:
                        Denver Metro Area - 2,552,195
                        Colorado Springs Metro Area - 645,613
                        The Entire Upper Penninsula - 299,184
                        Houghton-Hancock - 11,333
                        Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by redwing61 View Post
                          Not as a percentage of the local population:
                          Michigan Tech = 2,898/38,000 = 7.6%
                          Colorado College = 6,931/647,000 = 1.1%
                          Denver = 5,541/2,543,000 = 0.2%

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                          Population:
                          Denver Metro Area - 2,552,195
                          Colorado Springs Metro Area - 645,613
                          The Entire Upper Penninsula - 299,184
                          Houghton-Hancock - 11,333
                          One of you two should double check your figure for the population of Houghton.

It really doesn't matter anyway. You said the arenas are empty. I haven't seen any facts to support that.

Comment

CC fans need to beware in this attendance argument. Just let it be known that Shirtless Guy is an attendance expert. You've been warned.
                            "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

It really doesn't matter anyway. You said the arenas are empty. I haven't seen any facts to support that.
                              First of all, posting 2011-12 attendance data proves nothing to my personal experiences. I wasn't there this weekend. The fact that World Arena is a very boring, sterile, and seemingly empty arena is based on the two trips I have made out to CC which if memory serves were in like 2006 and 2007.

Comment

I was using the population of the Houghton micropolitan statistical area (Houghton and Keweenaw counties).

Comment

Working...
                                X