CCHA Quarterfinal: (5) Michigan State at (4) Miami; March 9th-11th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CCHA Quarterfinal: (5) Michigan State at (4) Miami; March 9th-11th

We've got 12 days to talk this one up, so let's get it going.

Miami was sitting tied for 7th in the CCHA two weekends ago. 4 wins against ND and OSU have secured the home ice. Michigan State is also on a good run, winners of 6 of their last 8.

Both are in the NCAAs as of right now, but the only thing we can all agree on is that you don't want to be sweating the Pairwise at home on the final weekend of the year.

Should be fun. Discuss.

Re: CCHA Quarterfinal: (5) Michigan State at (4) Miami; March 9th-11th

Comment

This is the only instance that I will be saying this but: GO REDHAWKS! Beat sparty!
      Originally posted by alfablue
      Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
      Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
      I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

I foresee much discussion in this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by UMICH View Post
          This is the only instance that I will be saying this but: GO REDHAWKS! Beat sparty!
          And the reverse: GO SPARTANS, beat BlasiHawks!

Edit: Maybe Ricohawks sounds better.
          Last edited by aygwm2; 02-26-2012, 01:01 PM.
          NMU Hockey Since 1976 ...there at the beginning.

Bill Crawford, LSSU radio announcer, on NMU hockey: "This is their MO right to the tee: get out shot, get out played, keep hangin' in there, just rope-a-dope it in your own zone, get it up the ice, bang it in and win the game."

Comment

Woah Woah Woah... a series thread? I don't know if I can handle this. It's been a while.

Originally posted by aygwm2 View Post
            And the reverse: GO SPARTANS, beat BlasiHawks!

Edit: Maybe Ricohawks sounds better.
            My vote is for RicoHawks.
            Love and honor to Miami forever and a day. Go RedHawks!

Comment

Originally posted by RedhawkBandMan View Post
              Woah Woah Woah... a series thread? I don't know if I can handle this. It's been a while.

My vote is for RicoHawks.
              Now, does the RicoHawk face left or right? That is the real question.

Comment

As a Spartan fan I'd have to say this was the one pairing I didn't want to see as things played out over the last few weeks. Even more so than BC, Michigan, or Ferris, Miami was the one team we weren't able to match up with in the regular season.

The one thing that has changed since the earlier series is that State's power play has improved over the past month. So if the Redhawks come out over-amped and overdo the aggressive/chippy style they are known for we might be able to make them pay, unlike the series in January. Still, when you look at Miami's record over the past couple of months they appear to be in a groove and are going to be a tough out. I'm hoping State can steal a game which may end up making the difference for staying on the right side of the NCAA bubble.

Comment

Originally posted by MUhawks628 View Post
                  Now, does the RicoHawk face left or right? That is the real question.
                  Pretty sure that RicoHawk is Bi....
                  Originally posted by alfablue
                  Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
                  Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
                  I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Originally posted by UMICH View Post
                    Pretty sure that RicoHawk is Bi....
                    Sweet comment

Comment

Originally posted by demhall View Post
                      As a Spartan fan I'd have to say this was the one pairing I didn't want to see as things played out over the last few weeks. Even more so than BC, Michigan, or Ferris, Miami was the one team we weren't able to match up with in the regular season.

The one thing that has changed since the earlier series is that State's power play has improved over the past month. So if the Redhawks come out over-amped and overdo the aggressive/chippy style they are known for we might be able to make them pay, unlike the series in January. Still, when you look at Miami's record over the past couple of months they appear to be in a groove and are going to be a tough out. I'm hoping State can steal a game which may end up making the difference for staying on the right side of the NCAA bubble.
                      Don't forget the #1 goalie in the ccha, errr, country, and defense being lights out the past month plus

Comment

Approx. 32 hours until puck drop.
                        2014-15 NCAA Weekly Pick'em Overall and NCAA Tournament Champion

Love and Honor

Comment

Originally posted by SweeneyHawksHockey View Post
                          Approx. 32 hours until puck drop.
                          The excitment in this thread is palpable.

Comment

The internet must be down in East Lansing!

Comment

Originally posted by MUnRPI View Post
                              The internet must be down in East Lansing!
                              I blame the solar flare.

Comment

Working...
                              X