SOLDIER FIELD 2013 • Wisconsin vs. Minnesota & Miami vs. Notre Dame

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SOLDIER FIELD 2013 • Wisconsin vs. Minnesota & Miami vs. Notre Dame

Thought this could use its own thread...

http://host.madison.com/sports/colle...871e3ce6c.html

Thoughts?

Re: SOLDIER FIELD 2013 • Wisconsin vs. Minnesota & Miami vs. Notre Dame

I would be fine with this if it were played in a non-conference setting.
    Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
    dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
    wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post

Thoughts?
      I'm not a fan of outdoor games but I guess it would be a nice showcase for college hockey. But why Chicago? Will it draw?

Comment

Very cool.

Comment

When Wisconsin plays in its fifth football stadium do they get a free sandwich?

Tin foil hat theory: Secret plan to get Northwestern to add a team.
          Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post

Thoughts?
            If not it's own thread, the "Who will be the 7th member of the Big 10" thread. I still think the Illini beat the mild.., I mean wildcats to the punch, though.

Comment

Sounds like a fun weekend of Hockey.

The big question is will Bucky fans bring their own deer or will that be part of the Soldier Field hospitality package... stay tuned.

Comment

At least one of the games will be well attended.
                Originally posted by SJHovey
                Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
                Originally posted by Brenthoven
                We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

As long as it counts a a Wisconsin home game,I really don't care. I enjoy watching the game itself too much to ever bother attending something like this,but that's just me. It just seems like the best way to watch an event like this is from your living room,on HDTV.

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                    When Wisconsin plays in its fifth football stadium do they get a free sandwich?

Tin foil hat theory: Secret plan to get Northwestern to add a team.
                    Good question, although nachos might be more appropriate. What does Michigan get? We've played in Football Stadiums and Baseball Stadiums.
                    Originally posted by alfablue
                    Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
                    Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
                    I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
                      I think both games will get good attendance. Miami has a very large alumni base in chicagoland and Notre Dame has a national fan base. Not to mention the close proximity of south bend to chicago

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
                        Why wouldn't Minnesota fans stay for the second game? Y'all are such great HOCKEY fans and all.
                        http://blogofbrotherhood.com

Comment

I agree with S4L4 - seems like there might be ulterior motive at play.

A weekend in Chi-town would be fun. I'll be there.

Comment

Originally posted by redhawk95 View Post
                            Why wouldn't Minnesota fans stay for the second game? Y'all are such great HOCKEY fans and all.
                            He meant the Miami - ND game with the proximity of their fans. Tipsy (a JBSU fan) loves to rip on Gopher fans for not traveling (although you could ask UNO fans about that one).

Comment

It's a bad idea. These outdoor games are way over-rated and are simply PR events. The quality of ice usually sucks, which means the quality of the games suffers greatly. It's never good when PR over-rules game quality. And the comments by attendees of outdoor games is overwhelmingly negative as far as the ability to see the game. As stated by others, UW and the rodents should be playing in either home state if they have to play outside. This will count as a home game for UW, correct?
                              Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                              ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                              Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                              ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                              Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                              "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                              Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Working...
                              X