Clear All

• Re: SOLDIER FIELD 2013 • Wisconsin vs. Minnesota & Miami vs. Notre Dame

Originally posted by mnstate0fhockey View Post
    It's not Phoenix or Florida either.

Phoenix isn't a state.

Comment

Makes sense regarding Goldy as I believe only Miami had it's mascot there for the first game, but both Miami and Notre Dame had their bands there.

Are you suggesting UW wouldn't let UMN bring their band? But I thought this wasn't really a Badger home game????
      I wonder if it was even asked if we could bring the band. It usually has to go pretty high up the chain for a host to allow an opposing band at their "home" game. I'm sure the director would have been up for it, but something tells me the higher ups wouldn't be on board. $$$

Comment

• Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
        Phoenix isn't a state.
        I realize that. It is an NHL market/team.
        Last edited by mnstate0fhockey; 02-18-2013, 11:42 AM.
        @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
        On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
        High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
          Phoenix isn't a state.
          But confusion is a state.

There isn't. Who ever said there was?

You live here. Is this state a hockey hotbed?
          Nice to hear bucky fans admit this. My time living in WI, the few hockey fans I ran into absolutely were in a state of denial.

Hey, denial is another one!

Comment

• Originally posted by Tiggsy View Post
            I wonder if it was even asked if we could bring the band. It usually has to go pretty high up the chain for a host to allow an opposing band at their "home" game. I'm sure the director would have been up for it, but something tells me the higher ups wouldn't be on board. $$$
            It was just odd and disappointing to have them be the only band not there.

Comment

It was just odd and disappointing to have them be the only band not there.
              Maybe someone pretty high up the UM chain realized that playing conditions would be challenging and had the sense to save the band from being embarrassed by an inferior band whose play would not be affected as much.

Comment

Phoenix isn't a state.
                A very astute observation, and very clever of you to use it as your rebuttal. It clearly invalidates the point he was making

I tell ya Gurt, I was starting to come around to the idea that you were a decent poster and semi-intelligent person. But the posts coming from you the past 12 hours have seen you regress to the level of a Cross Check, Goon or Varsity Wisconsin.

Comment

Originally posted by Stauber1 View Post
                  A very astute observation, and very clever of you to use it as your rebuttal. It clearly invalidates the point he was making

I tell ya Gurt, I was starting to come around to the idea that you were a decent poster and semi-intelligent person. But the posts coming from you the past 12 hours have seen you regress to the level of a Cross Check, Goon or Varsity Wisconsin.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. I've never once been concerned about what any Gopher fan on a message board thinks about what I post.

EDIT: So all the goat stuff was fine, but now I've crossed some line? LOL
                  Last edited by Gurtholfin; 02-18-2013, 12:08 PM.

Comment

I've said it before and I'll say it again. I've never once been concerned about what any Gopher fan on a message board thinks about what I post.

Glad you let us know we shouldn't take anything you have to say seriously. I mean, if you don't care for or respect our opinions, why should we yours? Is this where you take your ball and go home?

Comment

Glad you let us know we shouldn't take anything you have to say seriously. I mean, if you don't care for or respect our opinions, why should we yours? Is this where you take your ball and go home?

Where did I say that?

Comment

No one ever thought you actually believed large numbers of Minnesotans enjoy fornicating with goats.
                        A lot of people poke fun with preposterous ideas. But the ones who actually espouse preposterous ideas as reality are the ones that start to get tuned out and dismissed out of hand.

Comment

Where did I say that?
                          Calling me Dubbs wasn't really appreciated for one. Just because I bring up a criticism of your team or fan base doesn't mean I am completely incapable of criticizing or honestly assessing my own.

Comment

Originally posted by Stauber1 View Post
                            No one ever thought you actually believed large numbers of Minnesotans enjoy fornicating with goats.
                            A lot of people poke fun with preposterous ideas. But the ones who actually espouse preposterous ideas as reality are the ones that start to get tuned out and dismissed out of hand.

I don't think it's a preposterous idea to think that many Badger fans didn't go to this event because they're fatigued of these things amongst other factors such as a crappy couple of seasons.

Your boy is throwing out broad generalizations and I'm throwing em back.

Yeah, it's stupid. But I'm in a mood and I just don't feel like doing my taxes yet nor the letter I need to write for work.

Can you really not recognize a little flame fest from serious posting?

FWIW, I agreed with your takes for the most part on this event.

I'm just not going to lose any sleep over whether someone on a message board thinks I'm an "intelligent poster" or not.

Context.

Comment

I don't think it's a preposterous idea to think that many Badger fans didn't go to this event because they're fatigued of these things amongst other factors such as a crappy couple of seasons.

Your boy is throwing out broad generalizations and I'm throwing em back.

Yeah, it's stupid. But I'm in a mood and I just don't feel like doing my taxes yet nor the letter I need to write for work.

Can you really not recognize a little flame fest from serious posting?

FWIW, I agreed with your takes for the most part on this event.

I'm just not going to lose any sleep over whether someone on a message board thinks I'm an "intelligent poster" or not.

Context.
                              Sorry, didn't realize you'd get so butt hurt over a simple observation. Especially considering all of the moaning by your own fan base about attendance issues in your own season thread.

It was your home game. If you were so sure the Badgers would draw so horribly in Chicago, why did you guys agree to it?

I don't care one way or another whether you guys show up to support your team at events like these or not. Again, I only brought it up because I thought a lot of the over-the-top boasting and crap talking I heard at the game yesterday was a little amusing considering the showing of support your team got at the game in general.

Use whatever excuse you want, but I think the amount of fans you had at the game was rather weak considering geographically it was much easier for more of your fans to attend. Again, 1.5 hour drive for me from Wisconsin.
                              Last edited by mnstate0fhockey; 02-18-2013, 12:38 PM.

Comment

It was your home game. If you were so sure the Badgers would draw so horribly in Chicago, why did you guys agree to it?
                                Because Chicagoan's and Goferfan's money spends the same as everyone else's?
                                Originally posted by WiscTJK
                                I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                                Originally posted by Timothy A
                                Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Working...
                                X