Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI @ Cornell (Saturday, 25 February 2012)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RPI @ Cornell (Saturday, 25 February 2012)

Can RPI and me continue our streaks?
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Re: RPI @ Cornell (Saturday, 25 February 2012)

2011-12 Thread-Starting Statistics:
    Code:
    Ralph Baer         4- 4- 0  8 points  .500
    fr joe             2- 5- 0  4 points  .286
    GRussinko          1- 1- 1  3 points  .500
    engineerhockeyfan  1- 1- 0  2 points  .500
    lugnut92           1- 2- 0  2 points  .333
    DrDemento          1- 3- 0  2 points  .250
    RKarger            0- 0- 1  1 point   .500
    fishcore12         0- 0- 1  1 point   .500
    jmhusker           0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    REDaero91          0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    jericho            0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    NYhockeyguy        0- 1- 0  0 points  .000

Cumulative 2003-4 - 2011-12 Thread-Starting Statistics
    Code:
    fr joe            27-31- 7 61 points  .469
    Ralph Baer        23-27- 8 54 points  .466
    engineerhockeyfan 16-19- 4 36 points  .462
    hockeyhound       11-13- 1 23 points  .460
    Red Cloud         11- 2- 1 23 points  .821
    GRussinko          8-14- 2 18 points  .375
    rpihockeyfan13     6- 6- 1 13 points  .500
    DrDemento          4-14- 3 11 points  .262
    RPIBMW             4- 5- 1  9 points  .450
    FlagDUDE08         4- 0- 0  8 points 1.000
    HighlanderRPI      3- 4- 1  7 points  .438
    burgie12           3- 1- 0  6 points  .750
    jericho            3- 7- 0  6 points  .300
    RPIHFH             1- 1- 1  3 points  .500
    JennyRN            1- 1- 1  3 points  .500
    Waite21            1- 4- 1  3 points  .250
    berbs91            1- 0- 0  2 points 1.000
    ambersuds          1- 0- 0  2 points 1.000
    JCrawford          1- 0- 0  2 points 1.000
    Jeffrey On         1- 1- 0  2 points  .500
    lugnut92           1- 2- 0  2 points  .333
    NYhockeyguy        1- 2- 0  2 points  .333
    REDRocket          1- 3- 0  2 points  .250
    redrocker          0- 0- 1  1 point   .500
    RKarger            0- 0- 1  1 point   .500
    fishcore12         0- 0- 1  1 point   .500
    Rockchops          0- 1- 1  1 point   .250
    vicb               0- 3- 1  1 point   .125
    RenPI              0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    johnk              0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    Cookin4Fun         0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    RPI-Fan-Go-Red     0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    Gophers #1         0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    ZYanksRule         0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    redhead18          0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    Priceless          0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    jmhusker           0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    REDaero91          0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    hawthr             0- 2- 0  0 points  .000

For your listening pleasure:

Fight Song
    ****** src="http://pepband.union.rpi.edu/music/LongHail.mp3" Loop=0 Volume=100 Panel="true" Height=20 Width=200 Controller="true" Autostart="false" Autoplay="false" Type="audio/mpeg">

Alma Mater
    ****** src="http://pepband.union.rpi.edu/music3/06%20Alma%20Mater.mp3" Loop=0 Volume=100 Panel="true" Height=20 Width=200 Controller="true" Autostart="false" Autoplay="false" Type="audio/mpeg">
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Ralph is on a roll-Start the next 7 for us if you can! This game means a lot to Cornell and i am sure they will come out and play as if it does. I hope we get a little fairer shake on the penalty tally than last night. If we take 11 versus 6 tonight and give them a long 5 on 3 and another short 5 on 3-this will not be a nice evening for us. We had a goalie stand on his head last night and we had an offense (we had not won a game in which the opponent scored 2 or more all season). If nothing else-I think a number of freshmen showed they can play NCAA Division I hockey last night. Most of all-we found out what kind of heart this team has. It would have be just so easy to just come out and go through the motions when the game meant so little after a brutal season. I've said it before and will say it now-this is a fine group of young men we have-I am proud to still bleed RPI Red!!!
      Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
        Ralph is on a roll-Start the next 7 for us if you can! This game means a lot to Cornell and i am sure they will come out and play as if it does. I hope we get a little fairer shake on the penalty tally than last night. If we take 11 versus 6 tonight and give them a long 5 on 3 and another short 5 on 3-this will not be a nice evening for us. We had a goalie stand on his head last night and we had an offense (we had not won a game in which the opponent scored 2 or more all season). If nothing else-I think a number of freshmen showed they can play NCAA Division I hockey last night. Most of all-we found out what kind of heart this team has. It would have be just so easy to just come out and go through the motions when the game meant so little after a brutal season. I've said it before and will say it now-this is a fine group of young men we have-I am proud to still bleed RPI Red!!!
        Feola and Murphy are the refs, but I wouldn't be surprised, given last night's substitution, if they replace Feola with Kotyra. Not likely.

EDIT: Feola's an AHL linesman, maybe he received an emergency call-up, would explain why he wasn't in Hamilton last night.
        Last edited by FlagDUDE08; 02-25-2012, 07:28 AM.

Comment

A lot of good things happened last night. Following the goal at the end of the second period with one in the openning minute of the third was huge. Something that we have not done all season. Make a push after an momentum changing goal. Diebold was fantastic by all accounts.
          I was not crazy about taking 10 penalties in two periods. And giving up 51 shots will not win many games.
          Also, it is hard to tell listening to the game, but it seemed that we kind of sat back the last 10 minutes of the game. Protecting a lead is not something that we have had a lot of experience with this year. And I never liked a prevent defense.
          We will need a more disciplined approach to tonights game. Play hard for sixty minutes and limit the penalties. And whoever the goalie is, play like Diebold did last night.
          These guys can be beat.
          Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
          Benjamin Franklin
          The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
          Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
            A lot of good things happened last night. Following the goal at the end of the second period with one in the openning minute of the third was huge. Something that we have not done all season. Make a push after an momentum changing goal. Diebold was fantastic by all accounts.
            I was not crazy about taking 10 penalties in two periods. And giving up 51 shots will not win many games.
            Also, it is hard to tell listening to the game, but it seemed that we kind of sat back the last 10 minutes of the game. Protecting a lead is not something that we have had a lot of experience with this year. And I never liked a prevent defense.
            We will need a more disciplined approach to tonights game. Play hard for sixty minutes and limit the penalties. And whoever the goalie is, play like Diebold did last night.
            These guys can be beat.
            The last 10 did not seem any different from the first 50. Colgate just had that much offensive talent to be able to keep it in the zone for 2 minute blocks. Plus, we did get our insurance goal in there. I'd hardly call it Prevent D.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
              The last 10 did not seem any different from the first 50. Colgate just had that much offensive talent to be able to keep it in the zone for 2 minute blocks. Plus, we did get our insurance goal in there. I'd hardly call it Prevent D.
              There is really no way to tell by listening. It just seemed like we were defending for the last 10 minutes and the insurance goal came out of nowhere. It is good to know that they were not just sitting back. Thanks
              Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
              Benjamin Franklin
              The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
              Gary Player

Comment

Feola and Murphy are the refs, but I wouldn't be surprised, given last night's substitution, if they replace Feola with Kotyra. Not likely.

EDIT: Feola's an AHL linesman, maybe he received an emergency call-up, would explain why he wasn't in Hamilton last night.
                We will need a higher being to protect us if we get Kotyra and Murphy-that was the crew (along with Emanation dropping the puck) in Ithaca a couple years ago in the infamous playoff game.

Comment

Sounded very much though that for one of the few times this season-we actually had a plan on how to limit the chances for their top line. Whatever we did, it seemed to work and it seemed that all game long we were adapting to what Colgate was doing. That is the kind of game we must be able to play and especially against teams that have such a dominating line. Now we need a plan that is entirely different tonight-this is a different challenge. I agree with everything EHF said in an earlier post. If we take 10 penalites in the first 2 periods-we are dead meat. I think our freshman grew up a lot yesterday-hope they are all in again tonight and can adapt to an entirely different style of play and an entirely different coaching style against them. Oh-and i hope Kotyra is off travelling someplace.

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                    Sounded very much though that for one of the few times this season-we actually had a plan on how to limit the chances for their top line. Whatever we did, it seemed to work and it seemed that all game long we were adapting to what Colgate was doing. That is the kind of game we must be able to play and especially against teams that have such a dominating line. Now we need a plan that is entirely different tonight-this is a different challenge. I agree with everything EHF said in an earlier post. If we take 10 penalites in the first 2 periods-we are dead meat. I think our freshman grew up a lot yesterday-hope they are all in again tonight and can adapt to an entirely different style of play and an entirely different coaching style against them. Oh-and i hope Kotyra is off travelling someplace.
                    I had that thought too. We had a plan for Smith and company. If we have had such plans for others before they either weren't being executed or they were bad plans
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                      Can RPI and me continue our streaks?
                      Go for it, Ralph!

Will be listening to the Engineers go for it tonight. Bottom line, put it all on the ice v. Cornell and get more points than Princeton. Last night was the first game of the playoffs... and playoff hockey is played differently, isn't it?
                      Here we come!

Comment

lineup http://www.rpiathletics.com/document...OR.pdf?id=1221.

Koudys and Burgdoerfer in for Dolan and AAG.

Edit: and Merriam in goal.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                          Edit: and Merriam in goal.
                          Last edited by NYhockeyguy; 02-25-2012, 01:01 PM.
                          RIT Tigers
                          2006-2007, 2008-2009, 2009-2010, 2010-2011 Regular Season Champions
                          2010,2015, 2016 Atlantic Hockey Champions

Comment

I wonder if the substitutions are just to get a bigger lineup, or if there were injuries, or if it is performance based.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by NYhockeyguy View Post
                              Two reasons come immediately to mind, to keep Merriam active for the playoffs, and 51 shots made Diebold tired.
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                              X