Defense - Alec Thieda, Norwich
    Defense - Greg Merrill, Saint Anselm
    Goalie - Alex Scola, UMass Boston
    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
    GO LAKERS!!!
    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
    Oswego State '09

Re: ECAC East All-Conference Awards

Prez just wondering why Justin Alonzo of Castleton and Travis Yanke were not included on the !st and 2nd team? These two players are some of the most productive players in the ECAC E. They are 4th and 5th in ECAC-E Confrence Stats and are both prime time players.
    2009-2010 Last Person Standing winner
    2009-2010 Interlock LPS winner

Comment

Prez didn't want them on...come on Hawk how the H--- does he know.

Originally posted by hawk View Post
      Prez just wondering why Justin Alonzo of Castleton and Travis Yanke were not included on the !st and 2nd team? These two players are some of the most productive players in the ECAC E. They are 4th and 5th in ECAC-E Confrence Stats and are both prime time players.
      Cadet Crosby '63

Comment

Travis Janke.

Come on hawkster...We gotta spell our own guys' names right!

The answer to your question is they didn't get enough votes from the other coaches to make the top two teams.
        GO LAKERS!!!
        "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
        Oswego State '09

Comment

I could tell you, but it would cost you a steak!!
          Larry Normandin
          SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
          WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
            Travis Janke.

Come on hawkster...We gotta spell our own guys' names right!

The answer to your question is they didn't get enough votes from the other coaches to make the top two teams.
            Sorry for the typo but after watching all the ECAC E this year it just seemed that Janke and Alonzo should of been included. They have different style's of play but are both very effective and play for the top 2 teams in the East. Am I off base on this one???

Comment

Sorry for the typo but after watching all the ECAC E this year it just seemed that Janke and Alonzo should of been included. They have different style's of play but are both very effective and play for the top 2 teams in the East. Am I off base on this one???
              I don't have a problem with any of the six forwards selected. I think they are all tremendous players.

Norwich and Castleton already got four of the six forward slots, what more could you want?
              GO LAKERS!!!
              Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                I don't have a problem with any of the six forwards selected. I think they are all tremendous players.

Norwich and Castleton already got four of the six forward slots, what more could you want?
                I can see your point how that these players got caught in a numbers game. It will be interesting to see how productive these players will be in the ECAC-E playoffs compared to guys who got selected.
                Last edited by hawk; 02-24-2012, 04:37 PM.

Comment

Again, congrats to Pier-Olivier Cotnoir, Kyle Thomas, Shawn Baker, Alec Theida, Doug Lindensmith and Coach McShane, Norwich was certainly well represented on the ECAC EAst All Conference Teams. I have to agree with Hawk, I really thought Travis Janke would be selected for the first team based on his stats OVERALL. When you look at the ECAC stats only, he has less points, but overall, he's the highest scorer (8-26=34) on the team. I kind of look at him as the main play maker on the team, quiet and VERY EFFECTIVE. I have to admit though, it would almost be embarrassing if the whole first team was made up of Norwich players, it would definately make that bullseye huge, as if it isn't already.
                  There is no right way to do the wrong thing. Go Cadets

Comment

Originally posted by 17'sfanNU View Post
                    Again, congrats to Pier-Olivier Cotnoir, Kyle Thomas, Shawn Baker, Alec Theida, Doug Lindensmith and Coach McShane, Norwich was certainly well represented on the ECAC EAst All Conference Teams. I have to agree with Hawk, I really thought Travis Janke would be selected for the first team based on his stats OVERALL. When you look at the ECAC stats only, he has less points, but overall, he's the highest scorer (8-26=34) on the team. I kind of look at him as the main play maker on the team, quiet and VERY EFFECTIVE. I have to admit though, it would almost be embarrassing if the whole first team was made up of Norwich players, it would definately make that bullseye huge, as if it isn't already.
                    Unfortunately for him, conference awards are based on conference play.
                    And I really enjoy his playmaking skills, and the steady way he always seems to play.
                    Go 'Wick!

Comment

Good luck with that, guy doesn't pay his obligations.

Originally posted by norm1909 View Post
                      I could tell you, but it would cost you a steak!!
                      Cadet Crosby '63

Comment

I'm disgusted that Travis Janke is not on one of these teams. He's the leading scorer on the team. He was 4th in the conference in points, only 1 behind POTY Cotnoir. He led the conference in assists! 4 more than the 2nd guy. He had more assists than a bunch of these guys had points. Cotnoir is a great player, but he is not POTY without Janke setting him up. I think Janke has been Norwich's most consistent all-around player this year. I can't help but think the reason he was not included is because he wasn't even nominated. I've heard that coaches can only nominate so many players, so that the teams aren't filled with one team's guys. If that's true, although he had a great first year, someone like Thieda should not be nominated over your leading scorer.

I'm not trying to take anything away from the guys that made. They are all deserving. Congrats to them! But, IMO, the most deserving guy got left out, and that's Travis Janke.

Comment

Originally posted by AldenPartridge1819 View Post
                          I'm disgusted that Travis Janke is not on one of these teams. He's the leading scorer on the team. He was 4th in the conference in points, only 1 behind POTY Cotnoir. He led the conference in assists! 4 more than the 2nd guy. He had more assists than a bunch of these guys had points. Cotnoir is a great player, but he is not POTY without Janke setting him up. I think Janke has been Norwich's most consistent all-around player this year. I can't help but think the reason he was not included is because he wasn't even nominated. I've heard that coaches can only nominate so many players, so that the teams aren't filled with one team's guys. If that's true, although he had a great first year, someone like Thieda should not be nominated over your leading scorer.

I'm not trying to take anything away from the guys that made. They are all deserving. Congrats to them! But, IMO, the most deserving guy got left out, and that's Travis Janke.
                          It's the coaches' vote, and is based on league statistics, not overall statistics. As far as league statistics are concerned Cotnoir was the Cadets' leading scorer
                          2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                          2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                          2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                          2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
                            It's the coaches' vote, and is based on league statistics, not overall statistics. As far as league statistics are concerned Cotnoir was the Cadets' leading scorer
                            I said I knew he was 4th in conference points. 1st in assists. And, it's the coaches vote based on nominations. That's why I can't help but think that he wasn't nominated.

Comment

Still not as bad as Carragher not getting player of the year a few years back:

Comment

Working...
                              X