Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston University 2011-2012 Part V: At least 6 more games, maybe 13... who's with us?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by pirate View Post
    To be the most fair, I tunneled under Agannis, built a distillery and ran a hose up through the concrete to the side of my chair. Since I built the distillery over 12 years ago and have been quietly biding my time, I now have the best scotch on tap in my whole section... although I see the guy three rows down filtering his vodka through a Scott Young game-worn jersey...I'm getting concerned he may be way ahead of me.
    To be fair, I dug a walkable tunnel from my seat in Agganis all the way to an isolated pier in the harbor where rum runners organized by Whitey Bulger's crew can roll barrels of moonshine transported from this sills out in the Berkshires.

Comment

• Re: Boston University 2011-2012 Part V: At least 6 more games, maybe 13... who's with

Originally posted by defkit View Post
      Good to see Chiasson turning it on at the right time. The video from Friday night showed many slick moves, despite the loss. A quick review shows that other than the 2009 season, the only other Terrier to get to 44 points since about 2000 is Peter MacArthur with 45.
      Trying to get the thread back onto BU hockey, I'm not quite sure why you're discounting the 2008-09 season. That said, it was the 1997-98 season when Chris Drury ended the season with 57 points. That ended a six season run (and 14-of-15 seasons) of the leading scoring topping 50 points.

Sean
      Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
      Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
      BU Hockey highlights and extras
      NCAA Hockey Financials
      Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
      I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

• Re: Boston University 2011-2012 Part V: At least 6 more games, maybe 13... who's with

Originally posted by BU2K View Post
        I sure as hell do. As someone with osteoarthritis and bone on bone in my left knee, I don't have the option of spontaneously "jumping up". There is someone by me who always jumps up EVERY TIME we have a breakaway on the far end. He ends up directly between me and the goal which completely blocks my view. I understand the excitement factor and wish I could join him, but I can't and miss the play every time. I've talked to him, I've yelled at him, yet he keeps doing it.

But just because it adds to his enjoyment, who care if it detracts from someone else's? That's not inconsiderate at all...
        Originally posted by KnightsOfTheRound View Post
        That must be rough for you, and I'm sorry. But I can sympathize with the person in front of you too. Almost any odd-man rush makes me leap out of my seat, even if its right in front of me. It's pathological and I don't think I could control it if I tried. If the person in front of me pleaded I might try to control it though.
        Agree with Knights that I'm sorry about that for BU2K. This does seem like an exception to the norm where two things that are very reasonable collide. I do think that it is reasonable that sometimes the game will bring the fans to their feet for a few moments here or there but it is also reasonable for BU2K to want to be able to see the whole of the games. Are the people in front of that person standing too and thus obstructing his view causing him to stand? If not, a "win win" might be to offer to swap season ticket locations with him for next season... I would assume the ticket locations are of similar quality.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
          Trying to get the thread back onto BU hockey, I'm not quite sure why you're discounting the 2008-09 season. That said, it was the 1997-98 season when Chris Drury ended the season with 57 points. That ended a six season run (and 14-of-15 seasons) of the leading scoring topping 50 points.

Sean
          I'm not "discounting" the 2009 season - I just think we all know that Wilson and Bonino both had 50+ points that season, but that had been the first time in a while, so I wanted to see who else other than that year had as many as Chiasson has. For what it is worth, those 50 point totals were likely in more games to this point (I forget if those 2 IceBreaker games counted towards the max, but Wilson missed games for the WJC, I believe). With at leat two games to go, Chiasson has a chance to reach the 50 point mark.
          BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

There's a breakaway, I'm standing up, and then you can kick me out if you want, whiners and complainers be ****ed.

Same thing with deep fly balls. In standing room in Fenway, people standing up made me unable to see the action, and I never *****ed about that.

It's sad how much the potential for a great environment is wasted at Agganis Arena, but I suppose that's what happens when you price out the majority of fans.
            2008-09 Boston University Terriers
            Icebreaker, Denver Cup, Beanpot, HE Regular Season, HE Tournament
            NCAA Champions

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
              I'm not "discounting" the 2009 season - I just think we all know that Wilson and Bonino both had 50+ points that season, but that had been the first time in a while, so I wanted to see who else other than that year had as many as Chiasson has. For what it is worth, those 50 point totals were likely in more games to this point (I forget if those 2 IceBreaker games counted towards the max, but Wilson missed games for the WJC, I believe). With at leat two games to go, Chiasson has a chance to reach the 50 point mark.
              Here are the seasonal points-per-game leaders since the start of Hockey East in 1984-85:
              Code:
              Player              Season    GP    PPG
              John Cullen         1984-85   41   1.44
              John Cullen         1985-86   43   1.72
              John Cullen         1986-87   36   1.44
              Mike Kelfer         1987-88   34   1.56
              Mike Kelfer         1988-89   33   1.58
              Tony Amonte         1989-90   41   1.41
              Shawn McEachern     1990-91   41   2.00
              David Sacco         1991-92   35   1.34
              David Sacco         1992-93   40   1.55
              Mike Pomichter      1993-94   40   1.33
              Mike Grier          1994-95   37   1.49
              Chris Drury         1995-96   37   1.84
              Chris Drury         1996-97   41   1.51
              Chris Drury         1997-98   38   1.50
              Albie O'Connell     1998-99   36   1.08
              Tommi Degerman      1999-00   42   1.02
              Carl Corazzini      2000-01   35   1.03
              Mike Pandolfo       2001-02   38   1.05
              Frantisek Skladany  2002-03   41   0.85
              Ryan Whitney        2003-04   38   0.66
              David Van der Gulik 2004-05   41   0.76
              Peter MacArthur     2005-06   40   0.98
              Peter MacArthur     2006-07   39   0.92
              Peter MacArthur     2007-08   40   1.13
              Colin Wilson        2008-09   43   1.28
              Nick Bonino         2009-10   33   1.15
              Alex Chiasson       2010-11   35   0.97
              Alex Chiasson       2011-12   36   1.22
              Sean
              Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
              Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
              BU Hockey highlights and extras
              NCAA Hockey Financials
              Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
              I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                Wow, Chickod is really off his meds today.

BU Hockey: Running to Stand Still
                She hit a nerve...and you know the funny thing is - I don't jump up and cheer until AFTER the goal is scored (I mean, I'm not clairvoyant), so I'm not "blocking" anyone's view of ANYTHING...

No worse than looking at the webcast and seeing the dancing Rhetts ("WE WIN!!") when it would be nice to see, for example, the handshake line or a shot of the team...

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
                  She hit a nerve...and you know the funny thing is - I don't jump up and cheer until AFTER the goal is scored (I mean, I'm not clairvoyant), so I'm not "blocking" anyone's view of ANYTHING...

No worse than looking at the webcast and seeing the dancing Rhetts ("WE WIN!!") when it would be nice to see, for example, the handshake line or a shot of the team...
                  To me, that's an important distinction, and I suspect if you had said that in the first place you wouldn't have gotten the reaction you did. IMO, standing up after a goal is entirely reasonable and I do it myself. But there are a lot of people who stand up often while the play is going on and, since you can't necessarily anticipate when they'll stand up, they do block the view of people behind them, and I think that's really inconsiderate.

Comment

Originally posted by CLS View Post
                    To me, that's an important distinction, and I suspect if you had said that in the first place you wouldn't have gotten the reaction you did. IMO, standing up after a goal is entirely reasonable and I do it myself. But there are a lot of people who stand up often while the play is going on and, since you can't necessarily anticipate when they'll stand up, they do block the view of people behind them, and I think that's really inconsiderate.
                    Fair point...sorry, I assumed that when I said "spontaneously react to a great play" it implies that the great play has to happen FIRST. I don't know how I can anticipate a great play, but, yes, I'll take the blame for my "wording."

Let's move on to the Garden! By the way, my seats are in the last row of the loge, so the only people I'll be blocking are the ones in the concourse behind me walking around.

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                      Agree with Knights that I'm sorry about that for BU2K. This does seem like an exception to the norm where two things that are very reasonable collide. I do think that it is reasonable that sometimes the game will bring the fans to their feet for a few moments here or there but it is also reasonable for BU2K to want to be able to see the whole of the games. Are the people in front of that person standing too and thus obstructing his view causing him to stand? If not, a "win win" might be to offer to swap season ticket locations with him for next season... I would assume the ticket locations are of similar quality.
                      Fortunately I will be meeting with the surgeon in 2 weeks and should be able to get a knee replacement in the off season so it won't be as much of issue going forward.
                      Expectation has the encumberance of truth while hope lives its own life, wild and free.

Comment

Fortunately I will be meeting with the surgeon in 2 weeks and should be able to get a knee replacement in the off season so it won't be as much of issue going forward.
                        Good luck...I hope it goes well!

Comment

• Anyone know what sections are bu sections in the upper deck this weekend?

Comment

I'll echo chickod... Good Luck and hopefully it goes well.

Comment

• Originally posted by chickod View Post
                              Good luck...I hope it goes well!
                              If it goes as well as my other one did, I will be very happy.
                              Expectation has the encumberance of truth while hope lives its own life, wild and free.

Comment

If it goes as well as my other one did, I will be very happy.
                                I've had my left knee replaced 3 times and I'm happy!
                                Originally posted by mookie1995
                                bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                                Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                                Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Working...
                                X