Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston University 2011-2012 Part V: At least 6 more games, maybe 13... who's with us?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University 2011-2012 Part V: At least 6 more games, maybe 13... who's with

Originally posted by chickod View Post
    ...And I'm done with this pointless "discussion."
    Just thought you should know that evidently someone hacked your account and posted seven messages since you were done with this pointless discussion, starting four minutes after you were done. Or do you spontaneously post as well as jump out of your seat at hockey games?

Comment

• Re: Boston University 2011-2012 Part V: At least 6 more games, maybe 13... who's with

Originally posted by chickod View Post
      and besides, they can always call RSIG who, I'm sure, would be happy to kick me out...
      You aren't a college student, and (probably) don't look like one, so they won't care. I wish I were being sarcastic.
      ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
        I have a hard time believing that
        Nips, no. Other forms of alcohol, yes. That's all I was talking about, with respect to the RSIG guy asking me to take off my hat entering the arena to ensure there were no nips hidden between my hat and my head.
        ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
          Make sure you get her full name next time and write down any conversation you eavesdropped on so you can post it out here, Scoop.
          If she introduces her name into a public discussion and provides me pen and paper, I will.

Comment

This is a hot topic for my family at the Philly Union soccer games. As I mentioned yesterday they solicit your preference for how you'd like to watch a game, which solves 90% of the issue. But, the two dorky kids in front of us stand up on every play that looks promising. Thus, they block every shot, every goal and every key call at that end of the field. Everybody stands up when we score, not everybody stands up every time we take a shot. Even if we could jump up the instant they do, we still can't see until we are standing all the way up, by which point the play has occured.

I have no idea why people need to stand for every 2-1 break in hockey...do they stand up in their den if they are watching on TV? It isn't just the excitement, it is some other urge or inability to contain themselves, and it does include a dose of not caring what the people behind you see or don't see.

The players don't score or make a save because you stood up the moment the puck crossed the blue line, you don't see it any better standing up, the players don't know you are standing. The game is full of exciting moments, there is no need to stand up every time we take a shot or have a play developing...which isn't the same as saying sit on your hands or don't make noise.

I suspect my 6th grade music teacher would suggest standing helps with your singing etc. but I don't think standing creates much incremental noise in a .2 second span in a packed hockey arena. The noise doesn't impact the completion of a pass or put a shot on goal...the one time players wouldn't hear noise is when they are in the midst of handling the puck on a big play. Wouldn't the noise fire up a team more during TV breaks or before a faceoff? But that is the time for people to check their iphones, iforgot.

The baseball analogy may not apply here...do we jump up on every pitch? Every pitch could lead to a home run, a hit batter, a great put out etc. So why not jump to your feet every time the pitcher releases the ball?
            I believe in life, and I believe in love, but the world in which I live in keeps trying to prove me wrong.

Comment

So then do I also have a right to complain about the abundance of large groups of kids at the game, and how they frequently go to the bathroom 4-5 times a game, meaning they stand up and block my view of half of the ice during normal gameplay when they leave, and then by the time they make it down the steps to their row after a whistle, the ensuing faceoff has already occurred? I've actually had to tell various parents to sit down a few times because they were just randomly standing and talking to their kid for no reason while the game was on, and if I stood up, everyone behind me would yell at me instead.
              ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by pirate View Post
                This is a hot topic for my family at the Philly Union soccer games. As I mentioned yesterday they solicit your preference for how you'd like to watch a game, which solves 90% of the issue. But, the two dorky kids in front of us stand up on every play that looks promising. Thus, they block every shot, every goal and every key call at that end of the field. Everybody stands up when we score, not everybody stands up every time we take a shot. Even if we could jump up the instant they do, we still can't see until we are standing all the way up, by which point the play has occured.

I have no idea why people need to stand for every 2-1 break in hockey...do they stand up in their den if they are watching on TV? It isn't just the excitement, it is some other urge or inability to contain themselves, and it does include a dose of not caring what the people behind you see or don't see.

The players don't score or make a save because you stood up the moment the puck crossed the blue line, you don't see it any better standing up, the players don't know you are standing. The game is full of exciting moments, there is no need to stand up every time we take a shot or have a play developing...which isn't the same as saying sit on your hands or don't make noise.

I suspect my 6th grade music teacher would suggest standing helps with your singing etc. but I don't think standing creates much incremental noise in a .2 second span in a packed hockey arena. The noise doesn't impact the completion of a pass or put a shot on goal...the one time players wouldn't hear noise is when they are in the midst of handling the puck on a big play. Wouldn't the noise fire up a team more during TV breaks or before a faceoff? But that is the time for people to check their iphones, iforgot.

The baseball analogy may not apply here...do we jump up on every pitch? Every pitch could lead to a home run, a hit batter, a great put out etc. So why not jump to your feet every time the pitcher releases the ball?
                That's what I said...I jump up about three times a game, or a total of about 12 seconds in three hours. This is why I don't understand why everyone has assaulted me without first reading the post. Unless they like to just "pile on." I am NOT inconsiderate and I am not intentionally trying to disrupt anyone. I don't know how people make the leap from "spontaneously jumping up" to STANDING the entire game. I'm not one of the dorky kids at the Philly Union game...

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                  So then do I also have a right to complain about the abundance of large groups of kids at the game, and how they frequently go to the bathroom 4-5 times a game, meaning they stand up and block my view of half of the ice during normal gameplay when they leave, and then by the time they make it down the steps to their row after a whistle, the ensuing faceoff has already occurred? I've actually had to tell various parents to sit down a few times because they were just randomly standing and talking to their kid for no reason while the game was on, and if I stood up, everyone behind me would yell at me instead.
                  Yes, you do. That's totally different. That is pre-meditated. People KNOW they are just standing around talking. It is NOT spontaneous. Does anyone differentiate (I'd use the word discriminate, which using psychology terminology is actually the correct term, but that would probably cause another firestorm) anymore? Do we paint everything with the same broad brush? Why is this so difficult? A great play happens - I spontaneously react and jump up and cheer. That's OK. Standing in the aisle talking (whether obliviously or not) when people are there to see a game is rude and inconsiderate. There is a DIFFERENCE. And thanks for the info about my account; however, no, I did not post seven times in a row (but as I look at the post "count" I see it went up significantly), so I guess I'll have to contact USCHO...

Comment

Nips, no. Other forms of alcohol, yes. That's all I was talking about, with respect to the RSIG guy asking me to take off my hat entering the arena to ensure there were no nips hidden between my hat and my head.
                    If you wanted to smuggle in booze, nips would be the easiest way to do such, but what do I know?

You're lucky you didn't go to any BC football games during the Matt Ryan/Jeff Jagodzinski era. Made TSA's "special searches" seem tame.

Comment

Nips between your hat and head? That's just silly. Just about as silly as trying to bring a mixed drink in a coke bottle. Who would ever do that?

Comment

Originally posted by ActionJoe View Post
                        Nips between your hat and head? That's just silly. Just about as silly as trying to bring a mixed drink in a coke bottle. Who would ever do that?
                        To be fair, I brought a 20 oz Disani water bottle filled with pure Vodka into the 2008 Beanpot consolation game.
                        Originally posted by nmupiccdiva
                        ...anyone that can start a meme like that is welcome and will fit in just fine around here.

Comment

Originally posted by ActionJoe View Post
                          Originally posted by Terrier520 View Post
                          To be fair, I brought a 20 oz Disani water bottle filled with pure Vodka into the 2008 Beanpot consolation game.
                          To be even fairer I opened up a winery in Agganis last weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Agganis View Post
                            To be even fairer I opened up a winery in Agganis last weekend.
                            To be the most fair, I tunneled under Agannis, built a distillery and ran a hose up through the concrete to the side of my chair. Since I built the distillery over 12 years ago and have been quietly biding my time, I now have the best scotch on tap in my whole section... although I see the guy three rows down filtering his vodka through a Scott Young game-worn jersey...I'm getting concerned he may be way ahead of me.
                            I believe in life, and I believe in love, but the world in which I live in keeps trying to prove me wrong.

Comment

Boston University 2011-2012 Part V: At least 6 more games, maybe 13... who's with us?

Not Me !!
                              I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

Wow, Chickod is really off his meds today.

BU Hockey: Running to Stand Still
                                It Happened!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X