Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston University 2011-2012 Part V: At least 6 more games, maybe 13... who's with us?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post

Re: impartial, unaffiliated element - The letter says the people on the task force have not been named. I would be quite surprised if the majority of the task force were not mostly people outside of BU, combined with one or two non-hockey related BU administrators/staff. There are firms that do these outside task force things for a living, so it shouldn't be hard to find impartial people to do a full review of the program.
    I thought the letter said the task force will be comprised of University trustees, overseers, faculty, and staff. Although individuals have not been named, it sounds like an inside job to me.

Not that they can't act impartially, but I'd prefer the addition of a different set of eyes that doesn't get paid by or answer to anyone affiliated with BU.
    Go BU!

Comment

Re: Boston University 2011-2012 Part V: At least 6 more games, maybe 13... who's with

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
      Coaches have been "forced out" before simply based off wins and losses. BU doesn't need these cases resolved before they "force" him out...if that's what they wanna do.
      Sure, but Parker's not getting forced out for wins and losses. It doesn't appear they want to force him out, that would only create an atmosphere of even more insecurity in the program, would inevitably lead to much discontent from some donors who might respond by withholding future donations, could lead to recruits decommitting if they feel the program is in flummox with no coach and under investigation. Unless this task force uncovers massive coverups by Parker, or him actively looking the other way at criminal activity by his players, I don't see the university forcing him out. And I'm sure before this task force was publicly announced, Brown vetted the living chit out of Parker and everyone around him so he knows exactly what this task force would find out about him specifically.
      ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Re: Boston University 2011-2012 Part V: At least 6 more games, maybe 13... who's with

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
        Hahahahahahhhahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Oh that's right, Parker didn't like his self-assessment.

I, for one, believed that right away when I heard about it. How could I be so forgetful? I won't make that mistake again.
        OK, continue to play dumb.

Comment

Originally posted by RoughEmUp View Post
          I thought the letter said the task force will be comprised of University trustees, overseers, faculty, and staff. Although individuals have not been named, it sounds like an inside job to me.

Not that they can't act impartially, but I'd prefer the addition of a different set of eyes that doesn't get paid by or answer to anyone affiliated with BU.

"The membership of the task force, its charge, and its work plan will be announced in the next several weeks. "

The Globe article says there will be some faculty/staff advisers on the task force.
          ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

The Culture Club, we'll call them. All kidding aside, I like the idea.
            Spaulding get your foot off the boat!

Comment

Unfortuantely, I'd have to add to Nick's Academics item: the embarassingly few number of hockey players named to All-Academic teams. I have to admit that I haven't paid attention in recent years, but there was a stretch where we had none or one at most for several years, while other HE schools would have 5-9 each.
              BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
                Unfortuantely, I'd have to add to Nick's Academics item: the embarassingly few number of hockey players named to All-Academic teams. I have to admit that I haven't paid attention in recent years, but there was a stretch where we had none or one at most for several years, while other HE schools would have 5-9 each.
                IIRC, the all-academics team is strictly based on GPA, and I would submit it's a heck of a lot easier to pull a 3.0 GPA at Lowell than it is to pull a 3.0 at BU. Grade deflation is a real thing, you know. If we consistently have less than BC, or maybe PC, then you've got a point. But having less than the likes of the lower level state schools in the league, that's not exactly a fair comparison, especially with respect to this case.
                ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by Agganis View Post
                  OK, continue to play dumb.
                  Continue to BE dumb.
                  Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                  The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                    Continue to BE dumb.
                    Everyone's an idiot.
                    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

bonanza, i'm not saying he will be forced out for W/L record. i'm saying they could force him out for simply being upset with everything that's happened. they can do that without having to wait for court results.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                        bonanza, i'm not saying he will be forced out for W/L record. i'm saying they could force him out for simply being upset with everything that's happened. they can do that without having to wait for court results.
                        You're right, they could, I just don't see that happening right now.
                        ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Everyone's an idiot.
                          Mookie isn't. There goes that theory.
                          The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

IIRC, the all-academics team is strictly based on GPA, and I would submit it's a heck of a lot easier to pull a 3.0 GPA at Lowell than it is to pull a 3.0 at BU. Grade deflation is a real thing, you know. If we consistently have less than BC, or maybe PC, then you've got a point. But having less than the likes of the lower level state schools in the league, that's not exactly a fair comparison, especially with respect to this case.
                            Denial is more than a river in Egypt.
                            Originally posted by mookie1995
                            bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                            Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                            Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Wow, that's some impressive denial there, chief.
                              Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                              Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                              Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

if we consistently have less than bc, or maybe pc, then you've got a point.
                                bc pc bu
                                2010-2011 5 12 2
                                2009-2010 5 9 1
                                2008-2009 6 9 4
                                2007-2008 8 7 3
                                2006-2007 5 7 4
                                2005-2006 4 3 1
                                2004-2005 7 6 2
                                2003-2004 4 2 1
                                2002-2003 9 3 2

Everyone's an idiot.
                                Hmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Comment

Working...
                                X