Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston University 2011-2012 Part V: At least 6 more games, maybe 13... who's with us?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University 2011-2012 Part V: At least 6 more games, maybe 13... who's with

Originally posted by chickod View Post
    I seriously don't get you. So when there's a great play and I spontaneously "jump up" and get excited, you're really serious that I should just stay "glued to my seat?" Are you for real? You call that "inconsiderate?"
    I sure as hell do. As someone with osteoarthritis and bone on bone in my left knee, I don't have the option of spontaneously "jumping up". There is someone by me who always jumps up EVERY TIME we have a breakaway on the far end. He ends up directly between me and the goal which completely blocks my view. I understand the excitement factor and wish I could join him, but I can't and miss the play every time. I've talked to him, I've yelled at him, yet he keeps doing it.

But just because it adds to his enjoyment, who care if it detracts from someone else's? That's not inconsiderate at all...
    Expectation has the encumberance of truth while hope lives its own life, wild and free.

Comment

• Re: Boston University 2011-2012 Part V: At least 6 more games, maybe 13... who's with

I just don't get why at 99.9% of hockey arenas at any level people can stand at exciting moments (breakaways, big power plays/penalty kills, the last minute of a game), but somehow it's only at agganis that this becomes a federal case.

Must be the vinegar in the beer

Tell people "down in front" during a Bruins game during a breakaway and see what happens.

Comment

That must be rough for you, and I'm sorry. But I can sympathize with the person in front of you too. Almost any odd-man rush makes me leap out of my seat, even if its right in front of me. It's pathological and I don't think I could control it if I tried. If the person in front of me pleaded I might try to control it though.
        #OneKnight

Comment

Originally posted by KnightsOfTheRound View Post
          That must be rough for you, and I'm sorry. But I can sympathize with the person in front of you too. Almost any odd-man rush makes me leap out of my seat, even if its right in front of me. It's pathological and I don't think I could control it if I tried. If the person in front of me pleaded I might try to control it though.
          Yes, but nobody has ever told me to "sit down" in 51 years of attending sporting events. I thought it was incredibly presumptive of her to make a general statement like that. And BU2K - I understand, but I just don't get what you are saying. Once again, we have to "accomodate" everyone no matter what the circumstances? I'm sorry that you have osteoarthritis. Perhaps I will as well someday. But what you're saying is that I CAN'T ENJOY MYSELF, either. It's a two-way street. So in other words, I should just stay home. And don't say, "No, but you can just sit there." Because that's not why I go to a SPORTING EVENT. Do you understand the derivation of the word "fan?" It comes from "fanatic." And I didn't say I get up every time the puck goes into the corner. I said I jump up on a great play or a goal. It happens maybe three or four times a game. So if 12 seconds out of three hours is going to ruin your enjoyment of the game, then I don't know what to tell all of you. As I said before, eventually there will be so many "rules" in this country that nobody will be able to do anything (which, of course, is exactly what the government wants - we morons shouldn't be allowed to think, because the elite "experts" know what's better for us than we do - that's why they've done such a wonderful job managing our economy...)

Comment

Originally posted by BigRedTerrier View Post
            I just don't get why at 99.9% of hockey arenas at any level people can stand at exciting moments (breakaways, big power plays/penalty kills, the last minute of a game), but somehow it's only at agganis that this becomes a federal case.
            Because it's the Northeast, which is the hotbed for the left-wing elitists who look down their nose at anyone they don't approve of. You should be used to it by now. Either way, it's pointless to argue. This is exactly why this country is polarized and beyond any hope for "compromise." The two sides have now separated to such extremes that they will never find any common ground. As each side moves further from the other, they both become even more intransigent. So just forget it. I'll do whatever the h*** I want, and if someone doesn't like it they can stay home. Or go back to Cambridge or Brookline... and besides, they can always call RSIG who, I'm sure, would be happy to kick me out...

Comment

Because it's the Northeast, which is the hotbed for the left-wing elitists who look down their nose at anyone they don't approve of. You should be used to it by now. Either way, it's pointless to argue. This is exactly why this country is polarized and beyond any hope for "compromise." The two sides have now separated to such extremes that they will never find any common ground. As each side moves further from the other, they both become even more intransigent. So just forget it. I'll do whatever the h*** I want, and if someone doesn't like it they can stay home. Or go back to Cambridge or Brookline... and besides, they can always call RSIG who, I'm sure, would be happy to kick me out...
              So the liberals don't want you to stand?
              Originally posted by nmupiccdiva
              ...anyone that can start a meme like that is welcome and will fit in just fine around here.

Comment

Dope.
                Originally posted by mookie1995
                bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Originally posted by BU2K View Post
                  I sure as hell do. As someone with osteoarthritis and bone on bone in my left knee, I don't have the option of spontaneously "jumping up". There is someone by me who always jumps up EVERY TIME we have a breakaway on the far end. He ends up directly between me and the goal which completely blocks my view. I understand the excitement factor and wish I could join him, but I can't and miss the play every time. I've talked to him, I've yelled at him, yet he keeps doing it.

But just because it adds to his enjoyment, who care if it detracts from someone else's? That's not inconsiderate at all...
                  Amen.
                  Originally posted by mookie1995
                  bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                  Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                  Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Originally posted by Terrier520 View Post
                    So the liberals don't want you to stand?
                    They don't want me to do anything that they don't approve of...it permeates every aspect of society.

Comment

Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
                      Dope.
                      Is that what you smoke?

Comment

• Originally posted by chickod View Post
                        They don't want me to do anything that they don't approve of...it permeates every aspect of society.
                        I thought that was the Republican platform?
                        Expectation has the encumberance of truth while hope lives its own life, wild and free.

Comment

Originally posted by BU2K View Post

I had no idea Gentry was being so rude.
                          Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

I seriously don't get you. So when there's a great play and I spontaneously "jump up" and get excited, you're really serious that I should just stay "glued to my seat?" Are you for real? You call that "inconsiderate?" My dad took me to Fenway Park when I was 6. When someone hit a home run, everyone STOOD UP and cheered. It's a "natural" thing for humans, or don't you understand that? I don't recall yelling at everyone to "sit down." I got up like everyone else. Did I see every square inch of the field? No...but we're not in our living room. If you want that experience, fine, go to Channel 702 on DirecTV during Wimbledon and you can see everything from Serena's bra strap showing under her dress to the beads of sweat dripping off Nadal's jaw. And you can watch six matches at once to boot.

You say "what is politically correct" about this? What do you call PROHIBITING me from standing up SPONTANEOUSLY during an exciting moment of a game? Like I said before, if you don't agree with the "fan mentality," sit in the press box where you have an unobstructed view. It's because of people like you that Agganis is a DEAD arena. I UNDERSTAND about being "considerate." I don't INTENTIONALLY try to block people's views. I have already mentioned ad nauseum that it is SPONTANEOUS (look it up - it's in the dictionary). It is NOT pre-meditated! If you think that is "f-ing" over my "fellow fans," then you're an idiot. If you want to sit in a theatre, don't go to a hockey game. Go to your "controlled environment" like the rest of your Orwell/Huxley zombie morons. And I'm done with this pointless "discussion."
                            The fact is that they simply don't let the fans get into the game like they used to in the good old days... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpbD6...eature=related

Comment

How long are the shifts for those RSIG people anyway? Because one woman was in line getting a slice and a coke (I'm sure Rover will chastise me for reporting that).

Went to the BC-Virginia football game a couple years ago. Not kidding when I say that there are under 30 seconds left in the game with the clock running I think (maybe even less time than that)...UVA down 17-13 with a 4th down or hail mary attempt coming. Some woman took the time to get up and walk down 10 rows to tell someone to sit down, rather than just stand up for the remaining time (which was only a couple plays).

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                                How long are the shifts for those RSIG people anyway? Because one woman was in line getting a slice and a coke (I'm sure Rover will chastise me for reporting that).

Make sure you get her full name next time and write down any conversation you eavesdropped on so you can post it out here, Scoop.
                                Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Working...
                                X