Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston University 2011-2012 Part V: At least 6 more games, maybe 13... who's with us?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University 2011-2012 Part V: At least 6 more games, maybe 13... who's with

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
    Alas... he failed to break a thumb, wrist or back. No folk lore for Mr. Whitney.
    Whitney hasn't reached the 20-goal plateau or 50-point plateau in a season yet to be a designated a BU bone-breaker (It's in the fanboy handbook, look it up). Remember, the role/ok players are never the divers or the bone-breaking dirty guys. It's always the ones that score all those points. They're just so good at multi-tasking in addition to piling up the points.
    Originally posted by reBlur
    the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

• Re: Boston University 2011-2012 Part V: At least 6 more games, maybe 13... who's with

Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post
      From the NYT article...

"...But Brown, the university president, said a particular area of interest for the task force was the hockey program’s reliance on players who spend at least one year in elite-level junior leagues before setting foot on campus."

I don't like the sound of that.
      What a shame it is that your "school" will try to turn their "college" hockey team into a, well, college hockey team. It's pretty funny how we play by the rules and still seem to do well...
      1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012, 2018

Boston College Hockey: It's just that we're better than you.

B Who? Oh, you mean "Sux 2 B.U."

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Gentry View Post
        So someone who has played a year in juniors has more of a chance to be someone who gets into trouble? Ridiculous concept to begin with.
        This.

When they look at players from elite-level junior leagues, they'll find current captain Chris Connolly, current assistants Chiasson and Courtnall. From the 2008-09 team, the leadership was all guys from elite-level junior leagues. Gilroy played several years of junior A, McCarthy played a year in the USHL. Strait played two years for the NTDP, not a junior program per se, but essentially one with players living away from home and playing against college and USHL teams. And that's just guys who earned and wore letters and were solid respected citizens.

Corey Trivino? He was an 18 year old freshman who had played Junior A in Canada--not considered elite-level-- and lived at home. [BTW--I'm not judging his criminal case; no one here should. His alcohol issues, on the other hand, were well-documented.]

I doubt the task force is going to find any connection between playing high-level junior and abhorrent behavior.
        The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Originally posted by TimP View Post
          What a shame it is that your "school" will try to turn their "college" hockey team into a, well, college hockey team. It's pretty funny how we play by the rules and still seem to do well...
          What's funny is that you keep trying to write an intelligent post and fail time after time again.

Comment

Originally posted by TimP View Post
            hmmmm...

billett - 19 yo fr
            alber - 22 yo jr
            almeida - 23 yo sr
            spiro - 22 yo fr
            carey - 23 yo sr
            smith - 20 yo fr
            atkinson - 24 yo sr
            barone - 21 yo fr
            venti - 23 yo sr
            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

And now we have to hope there are three games as UNH wins a pretty exciting game 3-2. No time to dwell on the loss since tomorrow the game starts at 4PM for some stupid reason.
              Feed The Hungry! Click once a day!

Comment

and then.... bu was 8th.

Comment

What a train wreck. This was October bad. Over and out.

BU Hockey: Regression
                  It Happened!!!!

Comment

Why won't this season end?

BU Hockey: We're not good.
                    Boston University: 2009 NCAA Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                      What a train wreck. This was October bad. Over and out.

BU Hockey: Regression
                      Was the game that terrible? Bernie and Tom didn't paint any kind of coherent picture for those of us with the radio.
                      Feed The Hungry! Click once a day!

Comment

Originally posted by Terrierbyassociation View Post
                        Was the game that terrible? Bernie and Tom didn't paint any kind of coherent picture for those of us with the radio.
                        The GAME wasn't "terrible." If you're a fan of college hockey with a non-rooting interest in the teams, it was exciting to watch. But if you're a fan of BU, there is no way you can come away from that game with any confidence that this is a team that could "win it all" (as several have intimated and even Parker said - and I don't have the exact quote, but something to the effect of "if we play the way we played (against Northeastern first game) we can play with anybody"). Sorry, that doesn't matter. This isn't "any given Sunday." You have to play that way every game, and they just don't have the consistency. This is where the loss of this many players catches up with them. You can absorb it during the regular season, because you don't have to win EVERY game. But there was just no offense generated tonight. You can talk about schemes and forechecking all you want, but the good teams GENERATE the offense somehow. Someone steps up and makes the plays. I just don't think enough talent is there. And yeah, I know they don't HAVE to win this series, but, c'mon. I'm not being critical - it is what it is. But I think the expectations were perhaps a little overrated. All the euphoria about how they "survived" the events of this season and overcame the "adversity" seems long ago right about now...
                        Last edited by chickod; 03-10-2012, 12:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                          hmmmm...

billett - 19 yo fr
                          alber - 22 yo jr
                          almeida - 23 yo sr
                          spiro - 22 yo fr
                          carey - 23 yo sr
                          smith - 20 yo fr
                          atkinson - 24 yo sr
                          barone - 21 yo fr
                          venti - 23 yo sr
                          23 year old seniors what is this world coming to mookie?

Comment

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
                            23 year old seniors what is this world coming to mookie?
                            no problem for me... but if you do it the 'right way' you have 18yo freshman, 19yo soph, 20yo jr, & 21yo sr.. if they are held back you'll see 22yo sr.

it's your RJA who doesn't realize that even jerry has some guys play junior after high school too.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                              no problem for me... but if you do it the 'right way' you have 18yo freshman, 19yo soph, 20yo jr, & 21yo sr.. if they are held back you'll see 22yo sr.
                              Hey I was 22 when I graduated, you calling me dumb?

Comment

• Originally posted by Terrierbyassociation View Post
                                Horrible passing. An amazing amount of passes right onto Wildcat sticks. (It was like UNH was invisible). Lots of nasty turnovers. They were jumpy with the puck and they had no legs. Add in a Millan softie and a general lack of grit (against a soft team) and you have the poster child for playoff fail. This coming from a guy who loved this teams compete level in loses to UMass and Maine.

And now they are battling a flu bug. Good thing they have depth. Oh, wait...
                                It Happened!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X