Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston University 2011-2012 Part V: At least 6 more games, maybe 13... who's with us?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University 2011-2012 Part V: At least 6 more games, maybe 13... who's with

BU Women are Hockey East champions with a 2-1 win over PC in 2OT.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigRedTerrier View Post
      No idea what the players think, but I imagine it would be more fun with a packed house that stood and cheered to thank them.

I'm not saying before the game would be any better. I'm saying whether it's before or after the game it would be nice to have a nice large crowd there.
      Last years "event" sucked ***. This year was better
      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brian Gentry View Post
        BU Women are Hockey East champions with a 2-1 win over PC in 2OT.
        Nice.

Was there an injury issue to start the year or something? I thought most of last years national runner ups returned, yet they were blah.

Comment

• Re: Boston University 2011-2012 Part V: At least 6 more games, maybe 13... who's with

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
          Nice.

Was there an injury issue to start the year or something? I thought most of last years national runner ups returned, yet they were blah.
          Yep. Olympian Marie Philip Poulin was out for the entire first half and came back in the second half where she still missed some games here and there. Not 100% yet but hopefully getting there. One of their other top forwards (Jenelle Kohanchuk- a member of Team Canada U22 National Team) only played 7 games before a concussion ended her season.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
            Nice.

Of course I am watching it thinkings its live! Just saved me a couple more hours of watching!

Comment

Originally posted by Jacques Joubert View Post
              3 more against UNH.

We had to lose. It was to help the PWR...
              If BU beats UNH, it will knock UNH out of TUC status and we'll lose three wins. Brutal.
              Feed The Hungry! Click once a day!

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                Just the fact it's done after the game as opposed to before.
                The plus side of having it post-game is they can take their time and aren't rushed. BC's announcer sounded like he was trying for an auctioneer job, he sped through the spiel on each player so fast Saturday night. And frankly, having before doesn't mean more bodies in the seats and BU did announce several times for people to stay. Harvard and Maine are two others that do postgame. Harvard is never particularly organized, but the nice thing is after the ceremony, they stay on the ice for a while and socialize w/ each other, have more family and friends come onto the ice for pictures, etc. Maine (assume still do it this way) gives a mike to each of the seniors - can get lengthy, but the one time I went, it was very enjoyable and the majority of the fans stayed (I think the players speaking gets more of the fans to stay since it is more interesting than just hearing a spiel and seeing the players with their parents. A couple/few years ago BU's was more relaxed after it finished and the kids stayed out a bit posing with each other. But they've been pretty much do the ceremony, leave the ice more recently. Not sure if something has changed or it just depends on personalities.

The negative of postgame is when you lose the game. I've seen Harvard do that a few times and the players did 'recover' quickly, but I'm glad they won this year as I don't think this particular class would have switched to smiles as quickly following a loss.

A fun senior night is Curry - the players choose who comes out on the ice for them - parents, extended family, girlfriends, roommates, etc. This year included a family dog (who goes to most games and actually watches the games).

Help repair my camera gear before the new season starts
                HockeyPhotography.com - use search to find images of your favorite college player and order prints
                HockeyPhotos on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by mwade View Post
                  The plus side of having it post-game is they can take their time and aren't rushed. BC's announcer sounded like he was trying for an auctioneer job, he sped through the spiel on each player so fast Saturday night. And frankly, having before doesn't mean more bodies in the seats and BU did announce several times for people to stay. Harvard and Maine are two others that do postgame. Harvard is never particularly organized, but the nice thing is after the ceremony, they stay on the ice for a while and socialize w/ each other, have more family and friends come onto the ice for pictures, etc. Maine (assume still do it this way) gives a mike to each of the seniors - can get lengthy, but the one time I went, it was very enjoyable and the majority of the fans stayed (I think the players speaking gets more of the fans to stay since it is more interesting than just hearing a spiel and seeing the players with their parents. A couple/few years ago BU's was more relaxed after it finished and the kids stayed out a bit posing with each other. But they've been pretty much do the ceremony, leave the ice more recently. Not sure if something has changed or it just depends on personalities.

The negative of postgame is when you lose the game. I've seen Harvard do that a few times and the players did 'recover' quickly, but I'm glad they won this year as I don't think this particular class would have switched to smiles as quickly following a loss.

A fun senior night is Curry - the players choose who comes out on the ice for them - parents, extended family, girlfriends, roommates, etc. This year included a family dog (who goes to most games and actually watches the games).
                  The other problem with pre-game is if it's an emotional ceremony, it can carry over into the start of the game and negatively affect how well the team plays.
                  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by Terrierbyassociation View Post
                    If BU beats UNH, it will knock UNH out of TUC status and we'll lose three wins. Brutal.
                    If BU wins in 3 can UNH stay in TUC? Thanks

Comment

Actually it would be 5 wins at that point!

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
                      If BU wins in 3 can UNH stay in TUC? Thanks
                      I don't have a formula to do the math, but at .5010, I doubt it. BU did Hockey East a big favor by losing to NU last night.

Comment

"New Hampshire needs a win today OR to advance to at least the HEA semis to remain a TUC."

..the above is what priceless posted yesterday. so with the loss to umo yesterday the only way bu gets to keep the uhn wins in their tuc record is to lay down

Comment

Screw the pairwise. Just win.
                          Boston University 2009 Champs
                          Notre Dame 2012-?

Comment

Originally posted by candycanes99 View Post
                            Screw the pairwise. Just win.
                            Agreed. But what happens if we get to the Garden then get shipped off to the midwest, as opposed to losing in the QF then playing in the east? It's honestly tough to consider.
                            Originally posted by nmupiccdiva
                            ...anyone that can start a meme like that is welcome and will fit in just fine around here.

Comment

Dontcha love the Pairwise? Win and get penalized in the rankings.... makes sense to me!

Comment

• Originally posted by Terrier520 View Post
                                Agreed. But what happens if we get to the Garden then get shipped off to the midwest, as opposed to losing in the QF then playing in the east? It's honestly tough to consider.
                                who is gonna be there ferris? who cares?

no reason these boys can't do what sparty did in 07. look at that roster -- nothing great. played like bu has been playing since january. just keep playing your game.

Comment

Working...
                                X