Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston University 2011-2012 Part V: At least 6 more games, maybe 13... who's with us?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University 2011-2012 Part V: At least 6 more games, maybe 13... who's with

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
    Parker's comments to the Freep about this are hilarious, and correct.
    Link? I couldn't find the article

Comment

• Re: Boston University 2011-2012 Part V: At least 6 more games, maybe 13... who's with

http://www.thebostonhockeyblog.com/2...ie-coyles.html
      ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
        Congrats to Coyle!
        Haha are you serious, who cares about him.

Comment

Originally posted by Jofa View Post
          Haha are you serious, who cares about him.
          Sure, why not. I do think he bailed on his teammates and think he should have waited til the end of the season to leave, but no hard feelings.

Hilarious. Some people will probably say that its throwing Coyle under the bus.... but I'd say I love how candid Jack is.

Comment

Jack has always felt strongly, as do many others, that US college hockey is every bit as capable at developing players for the professional ranks. I think he made that point very clear in his remarks and I don't fault him one bit for saying it.
            Coyle's bailing took place long before he actually left (i.e. Academics). The handwriting was on the wall for him and he left himself no other choices.

It's old news at this point. I certainly understand why our fanbase, and probably players and coaches feel the way they do about his situation.

At the end of the day, it's still
            refreshing to know that the term student-athlete has some meaning to some people at some schools.
            Spaulding get your foot off the boat!

Comment

Good win. The squad showed a lot of hop in the second. As a fan...I'd really rather face PC than UMASS. AND I'd really rather have UMASS face BC. That is all.
              Boston University: 2009 NCAA Champions

Comment

Has it been known all season that this would be Ross Gaudet's final year?
                if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

Originally posted by Jacques Joubert View Post
                  AND I'd really rather have UMASS face BC.

That is all.
                  ok that works, then you can have UNH in the first round.........

Comment

PC is the choice from my vantage point.
                    Spaulding get your foot off the boat!

Comment

Had no idea about Gaudet. BU will be replacing a lot of guys next year.

IIRC, both Rollie and Millan are on fulls, Kilroy is close to a full, Chiasson has a full, Nicastro was close to or had a full, Trivino had a full. Don't remember what Connolly had but I bet it was close as well.

Lots of money freeing up for next season's recruits. Lots of holes to fill.
                      Feed The Hungry! Click once a day!

Comment

Originally posted by Jacques Joubert View Post
                        Good win. The squad showed a lot of hop in the second. As a fan...I'd really rather face PC than UMASS. AND I'd really rather have UMASS face BC. That is all.
                        How about UNH which could happen with a number of scenarios tonight. BU cant avoid UNH by winning tonite they still need other things to happen as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Jofa View Post
                          How about UNH which could happen with a number of scenarios tonight. BU cant avoid UNH by winning tonite they still need other things to happen as well.
                          Well, yeah, but it's a realistic scenario. If the top 4 all win, BU finishes 2nd and UNH finishes 6th, so we avoid them. It doesn't seem likely that UMass will beat Merrimack again (AT Merrimack) or that Providence will beat anybody, so I don't see how UNH drops to 7th under any scenario. Of course, if we lose and drop to 3rd then we get them. Maine can't catch us, so we're locked into 1-2-3. First is unrealistic - BC is NOT going to lose to Vermont with the league championship on the line. And 2nd or 3rd really doesn't matter, because we still end up with Lowell at the Garden (I don't see ANY of the "bottom 4" winning their quarterfinal series). All this really comes down to is where we end up in the final pairwise. As I mentioned before, if we make the top 4 we'll be moved out of Worcester (probably to Bridgeport as a #1 seed) and avoid BC. If we end up 5th or 6th we have to go to Worcester as #2 seed and play BC in the regional final.

My personal opinion is: I vote for Bridgeport. Sorry...I don't think ANYBODY is going to beat BC (especially after their ignominious loss to Colorado College last year - they are on a mission) so I'd rather get to the Frozen Four and take my chances there rather than have to face them before that. If that's interpreted as "lack of faith" or whatever, so be it. Anybody who's being honest has seen what BC is like in the post-season (except for ONE year, 2009) for the last 12 years. They've won, what, 13 in a row or something like that and, as usual, are peaking at just the right time.

Our problem is, although, yes, we CAN "play with them," you never know what you're going to get. The team that played in the 2nd period last night, or the team that came out in the 1st period "tight" (or the team that came out in the 1st period against Vermont last weekend in the second game). Can't afford anything less than three perfect periods against BC, and I am not comfortable making that bet right now.

Comment

I'm shocked. Shocked, I tell ya, that all the BU haters who had so much fun post Rapegate made no mention of this today.

Prior to the game a large contingent of former Terrier players went down to the weight room area where they gathered in support of Coach Parker, the staff and the team. This was a well kept secret and a concerted effort in a surprise they came to show their support for Coach Parker and the team. In addition, former Captain Dennis O'Connell presented Coach Parker with e-mails from many former players who while they couldn't be present wanted to make sure their support for the coach and the team was on the record. The alumni also lined the route from the dressing room to the ice and encouraged the players as they went out for the pregame warm ups.

Cue Tom Jackson saying: "They hate their coach."

BU Hockey: Pride
                            It Happened!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Terrierbyassociation View Post
                              Had no idea about Gaudet. BU will be replacing a lot of guys next year.

IIRC, both Rollie and Millan are on fulls, Kilroy is close to a full, Chiasson has a full, Nicastro was close to or had a full, Trivino had a full. Don't remember what Connolly had but I bet it was close as well.

Lots of money freeing up for next season's recruits. Lots of holes to fill.
                              Not doubting you at all, but I'm interested in how you know about scholarship allotment.

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
                                First is unrealistic - BC is NOT going to lose to Vermont with the league championship on the line.
                                While I know what you mean, technically BC has already secured at least a share of the RS league title. In Hockey East, tiebreakers are used for seeding purposes only. If BU wins and BC loses tonight, they will be co-RS champions.

Comment

Working...
                                X