Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston University 2011-2012 Part V: At least 6 more games, maybe 13... who's with us?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University 2011-2012 Part V: At least 6 more games, maybe 13... who's with

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
    Agreed... it seems odd because as someone mentioned below, Jack is usually pretty media savy. I'll be interested to hear his response, or if he just decides (or is asked/told by Brown) to stop talking about it. Regardless of whatever he said or how it came out in today's Globe article, i truly do not believe that he is OK with what happened. I also think he would do anything to try to change things up (if indeed there is any sort of culture atmosphere that led to these events).
    I agree with you. In fact, if anything, he seems to be "too forthright." Either he's SO confident that he's untouchable that he's comfortable enough to be that candid or he just is at the point where he doesn't care. Because making a statement to the effect that the culture can't be changed seems suicidal in the current climate. It DOES make him look clueless, just like JoePa. And I'm not blaming him, because we don't know all the facts, but sometimes perception is reality and it seems as though the way the program is currently perceived, he can't win - even if he's being honest. The best thing is to just STOP. There's nothing you can say at this point that will lend any credibility to his position. The damage (even if only "perceived") has been done. As for the person who said "that's what Penn State did and ****ed everyone off," what do you want him to say? He can't change what happened, and if he truly was "unaware" and is not "covering anything up," I'd like to know what more you think he should say. "Yeah, I've known about this all along but I was hoping nobody would find out." I mean, really. If it's me, sorry, I say nothing. It's too late to do anything else. Let things die down and see how they play out. For people who say he has to address this immediately, what should he do? Any acknowledgment at this point that he had any knowledge or involvement is a death sentence.

Comment

• Re: Boston University 2011-2012 Part V: At least 6 more games, maybe 13... who's with

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
      Curious what you mean by him being media savvy because nothing he says ever surprises me (i.e. ripping players, etc.). If anything, it seems like he has trouble giving the PC answer and that when something is in his head...he says it.
      That's what I'm saying...and he has to STOP. Honesty won't undo what's happened. The more he talks, the more he opens himself up to criticism and scrutiny. I don't doubt that he is extremely troubled by this, but it's too late to do anything about what happened. This should have been confronted (as several have already mentioned) back in December (or probably long before that).

Comment

UVM 5
        BU 2

By the way...

I'd love to eat some crow though...
        Boston University: 2009 NCAA Champions

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
          As for the person who said "that's what Penn State did and ****ed everyone off," what do you want him to say? He can't change what happened, and if he truly was "unaware" and is not "covering anything up," I'd like to know what more you think he should say. "Yeah, I've known about this all along but I was hoping nobody would find out." I mean, really. If it's me, sorry, I say nothing. It's too late to do anything else. Let things die down and see how they play out.
          I was responding to the person saying everybody at BU should shut up and get their lawyers. Penn State responds straight from the lawyer's handbook, and boy how stupid was that, hiding behind legalisms and refusing to talk. BU sends out the coach to talk, and boy how stupid was that, even though we don't know all the facts, because perception is reality.

So everybody at home's got the right answer in every situation.
          Bugs Bunny - 96
          Gas House Gorillas - 95

Comment

Originally posted by DaveStPaul View Post
            So everybody at home's got the right answer in every situation.
            I'm not saying that I have "the right answer." But this is a forum and I CAN have an opinion. But you can't explain your way out of these situations, so I still say it's better to say nothing. As for Penn State, what would you have wanted THEM to say? Would it have changed anything? The time to do something was years before when it was reported to JoePa and he did nothing. It was too late to say anything after that, and it's too late (and non-productive) for Jack to say anything now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jacques Joubert View Post

By the way...

I hear it is quite tasty with maple syrup.
              Expectation has the encumberance of truth while hope lives its own life, wild and free.

Comment

Originally posted by BU2K View Post
                I hear it is quite tasty with maple syrup.
                EVERYTHING is better with maple syrup.

If only there were some place where maple syrup is in high supply.
                Originally posted by nmupiccdiva
                ...anyone that can start a meme like that is welcome and will fit in just fine around here.

Comment

BU and Parker could take some immediate steps to show they're serious.

1) players are banned from bars the rest of the season. Even if they are legal.

2) random checks in the dorm by coaching staff. Anyone caught boozing underage is immediately suspended.

3) dorm staff (RA's & security) have direct line to president's office to launch complaints of bad behavior. All messages will be responded to.
                  Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

You know things are bad when I overhear my wife, who's entire body of hockey knowledge consists of "Jim Craig still looks cute", telling my even more clueless father-in-law in Florida, "I don't know what the hell is going on over at BU, but it's out of control." Sigh....when you are even tangentally associated with the indefensible, there is really nothing to do but sit there and take it like a man.

Looking forward to the annual "Do you really need to renew season tickets this year? Can't you just go to a couple of games?" conversation...

edit: typo
                    http://www.travisroyfoundation.org/

Comment

Originally posted by Jacques Joubert View Post
                      UVM 5
                      BU 2

By the way...

another terrier sandbagger.............BU smokes UVM both nights as JP rallies the still very talented troops in the us vx them mode

Comment

Huh. NBC just did the entire pre-game bit and didn't mention anything. It was all: The Terriers have a high-powered offense, and, Vermont's only won 6 games this year but 3 have been against ranked opponents. I wasn't expecting that.
                        Bugs Bunny - 96
                        Gas House Gorillas - 95

Comment

Curious what you mean by him being media savvy because nothing he says ever surprises me (i.e. ripping players, etc.). If anything, it seems like he has trouble giving the PC answer and that when something is in his head...he says it.
                          Agree JD I would say he usually says stuff that he wishes he didnt but remember most on here worship at his altar.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveStPaul View Post
                            Huh. NBC just did the entire pre-game bit and didn't mention anything. It was all: The Terriers have a high-powered offense, and, Vermont's only won 6 games this year but 3 have been against ranked opponents. I wasn't expecting that.
                            Won't be watching the whole game but would be interesting to see if they talk about it at all...I don't see how you can't at least mention it.

Comment

Won't be watching the whole game but would be interesting to see if they talk about it at all...I don't see how you can't at least mention it.
                              They mentioned the troubles in brief.

And wow VT sucks. BU dominating play so far.
                              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

It was mentioned in the pre-game when they were showing the players walking out on the ice. Ken Hodge asked Jack about the "tough week" and how it affected the kids focus. He said the only time the players were smiling this week is when they were on the ice.

Comment

Working...
                                X