Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston University 2011-2012 Part V: At least 6 more games, maybe 13... who's with us?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University 2011-2012 Part V: At least 6 more games, maybe 13... who's with

Originally posted by KnightsOfTheRound View Post
    I'd love to be proven wrong on this, but can you show me something that indicates there are hockey players at UMass Lowell majoring in engineering?
    I don't have any idea, but it's difficult to take seriously any BU fan who is chiding another program's players for academics considering their adventure with Chris Bourque and Charlie Coyle.
    Brown Bears - 2014 National Champions

Comment

• Re: Boston University 2011-2012 Part V: At least 6 more games, maybe 13... who's with

Originally posted by Onion Man View Post
      I don't have any idea, but it's difficult to take seriously any BU fan who is chiding another program's players for academics considering their adventure with Chris Bourque and Charlie Coyle.
      both would have been all hockey east academic all stars at Lowell. that is the difference between BU and Lowell.
      (and they would have reached their junior years at BC before going pro)

Comment

Originally posted by TylerDurden View Post
        both would have been all hockey east academic all stars at Lowell. that is the difference between BU and Lowell.
        Tough to argue with that flawless logic. So, what you are saying is this: BU's academics are the most difficult on their athletes, while Lowell is a joke and BC floats them until jr year and then they push them out to the door to the NHL? Yup. Any theories on Area 51 or the Kennedy Assassination, too?
        Brown Bears - 2014 National Champions

Comment

So Lowell has better professors that can teach their subjects well, even to um...less than enthusiastic students? Sounds great! Maybe BU should try to hire some of them!

Comment

both would have been all hockey east academic all stars at Lowell.
            Ahahahahahahhaa. Sure. Chris Bourque wouldn't be an academic all-star even at jennajennajenna2004's jr high school.
            Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
            The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
              Maybe once they got to Brown they knew it all.
              LOL

Hey, another baseless accusation from KIA! It never ends!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Onion Man View Post
                Tough to argue with that flawless logic. So, what you are saying is this: BU's academics are the most difficult on their athletes, while Lowell is a joke and BC floats them until jr year and then they push them out to the door to the NHL? Yup. Any theories on Area 51 or the Kennedy Assassination, too?
                I think the point is that Lowell academics in general is a joke. No reason to single out the hockey team or athletes in particular.
                Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                  back in my youth i wasn't as worldy as i've become now
                  If Worldy means perverted
                  I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Originally posted by Rover View Post
                    I think the point is that Lowell academics in general is a joke. No reason to single out the hockey team or athletes in particular.
                    Hey! You take that bck right now! Mish teaches at Lowell!!
                    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
                      If Worldy means perverted
                      LIES!!! All LIES!!
                      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Just arrived in Burlington. Snowing like crazy up here. Love this trip. Next 2 days are about hockey and getting home ice. GO BU! Anyone who's up here, I have 2 xtra tix for each night if you're looking.email leg7@att.blackberry.net
                        Spaulding get your foot off the boat!

Comment

Originally posted by BCeagle View Post
                          Maybe he'll say he was misquoted. If he did say it, his days are numbered.
                          But that's the point...if he says NOTHING then nobody will be able to "misquote" him or "misconstrue" his words. When it gets to this point, he HAS to know that anything he says can only hurt him. It's hard to imagine someone who has been around as long as he has can be that naive. You just don't say ANYTHING ANYMORE EVER until this is resolved or you speak with legal counsel. Just ZIP IT!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
                            But that's the point...if he says NOTHING then nobody will be able to "misquote" him or "misconstrue" his words. When it gets to this point, he HAS to know that anything he says can only hurt him. It's hard to imagine someone who has been around as long as he has can be that naive. You just don't say ANYTHING ANYMORE EVER until this is resolved or you speak with legal counsel. Just ZIP IT!!!!!
                            I think its fine if he talks, but he needs to be disciplined enough to stay on message. Its not even that tough a tough line to walk. "You can't change the culture that's evolved here" is decidedly off message.
                            #OneKnight

Comment

Originally posted by KnightsOfTheRound View Post
                              I think its fine if he talks, but he needs to be disciplined enough to stay on message. Its not even that tough a tough line to walk. "You can't change the culture that's evolved here" is decidedly off message.
                              Agreed... it seems odd because as someone mentioned below, Jack is usually pretty media savy. I'll be interested to hear his response, or if he just decides (or is asked/told by Brown) to stop talking about it. Regardless of whatever he said or how it came out in today's Globe article, i truly do not believe that he is OK with what happened. I also think he would do anything to try to change things up (if indeed there is any sort of culture atmosphere that led to these events).

Comment

Curious what you mean by him being media savvy because nothing he says ever surprises me (i.e. ripping players, etc.). If anything, it seems like he has trouble giving the PC answer and that when something is in his head...he says it.

Comment

Working...
                                X