Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston University 2011-2012 Part V: At least 6 more games, maybe 13... who's with us?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University 2011-2012 Part V: At least 6 more games, maybe 13... who's with

Originally posted by BigRedTerrier View Post
    Actually, it should be really easy for them. They need to just respond that Coach Parker has been relieved of his duties and that one of the assitant coaches will take over for the duration of the season, watched over carefully by the university.

Anything short of that is unacceptable. No way am I going to support a team lead by a man with that kind of response to the current situation, no matter how "nice of a guy" people say he is.
    Bravo to you.

Originally posted by smyler3 View Post
    Based on the reportage from our Freep guys, I'd bet a good amount of money that he's referring to the general culture of college life and not hockey players specifically. It's a nice trick by the Glob writer to muddy the waters a bit in her placement of this quote and her editorializing around it.

Parker just isn't that stupid generally or that naive about dealing with the media. Unless she caught him at his house at 11:30 at night and woke him up for her interview.
    I don't think I'm following this. What specific reportage are you referring to? And BTW, FL reported that this Globe interview was separate from any quotes he gave the freep.

Comment

• Re: Boston University 2011-2012 Part V: At least 6 more games, maybe 13... who's with

Based on the reportage from our Freep guys, I'd bet a good amount of money that he's referring to the general culture of college life and not hockey players specifically. It's a nice trick by the Glob writer to muddy the waters a bit in her placement of this quote and her editorializing around it.

Parker just isn't that stupid generally or that naive about dealing with the media. Unless she caught him at his house at 11:30 at night and woke him up for her interview.

This

Comment

So then you're ok with him taking an out by saying something essentially to the effect of "college students will be college students?"

If he said that, I just don't see a way to spin it and for that matter, why even try?

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
          Whether he understands this or not, he should now be in "legal mode." KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT until you have an attorney present.
          Wasn't "legal mode" part of what made Penn State's response so lame? No comment / he doesn't even work here anymore / we aren't affiliated with that individual in any way . . . ? That's perfect "legal mode" right there, and it ****ed people off.
          Bugs Bunny - 96
          Gas House Gorillas - 95

Comment

Hmmm. The dreaded "Lack of Institutional Control"? It'd break my heart if the NCAA started snooping around Commonwealth Ave...

Comment

Originally posted by DaveStPaul View Post
              Wasn't "legal mode" part of what made Penn State's response so lame? No comment / he doesn't even work here anymore / we aren't affiliated with that individual in any way . . . ? That's perfect "legal mode" right there, and it ****ed people off.
              I've noticed this too until Brown's e-mail came out. Can't speak for Parker but people want proactive solutions, not phrases like "isolated incident" or "can't do anything differently". We're in uncharted waters here as the hockey team's conduct has never to my knowledge been called into question, nor has the control of the coaching staff over the players.
              Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Onion Man View Post
                Good Lord is this an ignorant statement. So it's easier to get a 3.0 in Engineering at Lowell than a 3.0 at the College of Basic Studies (Coloring Book School or Children Born Stupid) at Boston University?
                how does "Engineering at Lowell" get mentioned in a post about Lowell hockey players?
                I think "Good Lord, that is an ignorant statement" comes fleeting to mind.

and yeah, it IS easier for a hockey player to pull a 3.0 at Lowell than at BU, even in the college of general studies.
                what I want to know is why it is so hard to pull anything lower than a 3.94 at Brown.
                a coupld of my siblings went there, were nowhere near the tops of their classes and one had a 3.94 and the other a 3.97
                THERE is grade inflation!

Comment

Live interview with the Freep: http://www.wbur.org/media-player?title=live

started at 3:25

Comment

Originally posted by TylerDurden View Post
                    a coupld of my siblings went there, were nowhere near the tops of their classes and one had a 3.94 and the other a 3.97
                    Maybe once they got to Brown they knew it all.
                    Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                    The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                      Maybe once they got to Brown they knew it all.
                      i shoulda gone there... i'll bet i would have hooked up with amy carter!
                      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by TylerDurden View Post
                        how does "Engineering at Lowell" get mentioned in a post about Lowell hockey players?
                        I think "Good Lord, that is an ignorant statement" comes fleeting to mind.

and yeah, it IS easier for a hockey player to pull a 3.0 at Lowell than at BU, even in the college of general studies.
                        what I want to know is why it is so hard to pull anything lower than a 3.94 at Brown.
                        You think there aren't any Lowell players majoring in Engineering? Please show me something that proves Lowell is inflating the grades of its hockey players. I do know I see 14 UML players on the 2011 HE All Academic team compared to 2 for the University of Boston. Considering BU is merely a hockey factory, wouldn't they be the ones inflating their player's GPAs?
                        Brown Bears - 2014 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                          i shoulda gone there... i'll bet i would have hooked up with amy carter!
                          Is she asian?
                          I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

You think there aren't any Lowell players majoring in Engineering? Please show me something that proves Lowell is inflating the grades of its hockey players. I do know I see 14 UML players on the 2011 HE All Academic team compared to 2 for the University of Boston. Considering BU is merely a hockey factory, wouldn't they be the ones inflating their player's GPAs?
                            I'd love to be proven wrong on this, but can you show me something that indicates there are hockey players at UMass Lowell majoring in engineering?
                            #OneKnight

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                              Is she asian?
                              back in my youth i wasn't as worldy as i've become now
                              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

yes
                                no
                                I see them too
                                no

Comment

Working...
                                X