Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston University 2011-2012 Part V: At least 6 more games, maybe 13... who's with us?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Onion Man View Post
    As opposed to your student newspaper where your writers openly flirt with players and tell one sided stories? When you have two players accused of rape within ten weeks, yes, it's a sex culture at Boston U. If it happened to your friends up the street, you would say the story doesn't go far enough and accuse the Globe of a coverup. I think this could end up being the biggest off-ice story to happen to college hockey in decades. Good job.
    I don't remember if you're a serious poster or not. On the chance you are: at the time of the post you quoted the Globe had mis-linked the newest article's headline with an older article. It was quite odd at the time.

Comment

• Re: Boston University 2011-2012 Part V: At least 6 more games, maybe 13... who's with

I reached out to the reporter via the twitters. She said she was surprised by Parker's quote as well but that he "said it several times." She says there will be follow-up soon.
      #OneKnight

Comment

• Re: Boston University 2011-2012 Part V: At least 6 more games, maybe 13... who's with

This article doesn't sound very good for Jack or BU. Institutional control or lack of??
        I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by KnightsOfTheRound View Post
          I reached out to the reporter via the twitters. She said she was surprised by Parker's quote as well but that he "said it several times." She says there will be follow-up soon.
          Very interesting. Even in cases like this, it's usually followed by a denial/taken out of context claim.

Comment

Originally posted by Onion Man View Post
            As opposed to your student newspaper where your writers openly flirt with players and tell one sided stories? When you have two players accused of rape within ten weeks, yes, it's a sex culture at Boston U. If it happened to your friends up the street, you would say the story doesn't go far enough and accuse the Globe of a coverup. I think this could end up being the biggest off-ice story to happen to college hockey in decades. Good job.
            Maybe you've never worked in journalism. A good journalist can usually tell within a few seconds if a player intends to rape somebody. Larry Bird used to try to rape Bob Lobel all the time... it was just part of the locker room culture, and hey, it was the 80s. Now, if a respected BU student reporter says Trivino didn't give her the rapist vibe, I'm inclined to believe her.
            BC Hockey 2008: NATIONAL CHAMPIONS... 2010 too now? OK then. 2012 or something? I can't keep up with this.

Anonymous Random Neg Rep Posted at 10:19 PM, 4/12/08, Moments After BC Won the National Title
            After Mom and Dad's checks stop coming, where will you be, loser?

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
              You're MISSING THE POINT. At the time I posted that, the current story was NOT in the Globe. They put a link to the WRONG article. Or can't you read with your Ivy League education? Maybe you should go back and actually READ the thread before you comment. I was commenting that they made a controversial statement in the headline and then there was NO MENTION OF IT in the article. Why don't you READ before you shoot your mouth off...
              My bad. I didn't follow the link. I assumed it was the Globe story today about the sexual culture at BU.
              Last edited by Onion Man; 02-24-2012, 11:39 AM.
              Brown Bears - 2014 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Parker Ranger View Post
                I don't remember if you're a serious poster or not. On the chance you are: at the time of the post you quoted the Globe had mis-linked the newest article's headline with an older article. It was quite odd at the time.
                I did not click the link. I assumed it was the same story in today's Globe about the sexual culture at BU and responded accordingly based on chickenlittle's comments.

Comment

Originally posted by Case_04 View Post
                  Now, if a respected BU student reporter says Trivino didn't give her the rapist vibe, I'm inclined to believe her.
                  To be fair, the RA opened her door and said she had to as an RA duty. She was wrong, so she has no credibility!!!!!!!!!!!! Implied consent!!!!!!!! He's a good kid. Opening your door = yes. Mermaid was right all along. YES!!!!!
                  Last edited by Nick Papagiorgio; 02-24-2012, 11:42 AM.
                  Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                  The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                    I would submit it's a heck of a lot easier to pull a 3.0 GPA at Lowell than it is to pull a 3.0 at BU.
                    Good Lord is this an ignorant statement. So it's easier to get a 3.0 in Engineering at Lowell than a 3.0 at the College of Basic Studies (Coloring Book School or Children Born Stupid) at Boston University?

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                      1) 3) i will have one policy.... DON'T RAPE ANYONE!!! horny? come listen to my wise friend mookie.. 'wack off!'. you know what, i'll let him tell it...
                      Mookie, most psychologist say rape isn't about being "horny", its about using power over a female in a dominant sexual sense. It goes to the entitlement issue players like Nicastro/Trivino and others have within that school. "I'm a hockey player and I can bang anyone I want so here goes..."

Comment

• Originally posted by Onion Man View Post
                        Mookie, most psychologist say rape isn't about being "horny", its about using power over a female in a dominant sexual sense. It goes to the entitlement issue players like Nicastro/Trivino and others have within that school. "I'm a hockey player and I can bang anyone I want so here goes..."
                        True. But I'm guessing the basic defense will be consensual horniness mixed with regret or misunderstanding.
                        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by KnightsOfTheRound View Post
                          Can't wait for the followup. Observing BU respond to this matter is like watching Texans driving on icy roads.
                          if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post
                            Can't wait for the followup. Observing BU respond to this matter is like watching Texans driving on icy roads.
                            Actually, it should be really easy for them. They need to just respond that Coach Parker has been relieved of his duties and that one of the assitant coaches will take over for the duration of the season, watched over carefully by the university.

Anything short of that is unacceptable. No way am I going to support a team lead by a man with that kind of response to the current situation, no matter how "nice of a guy" people say he is.

Comment

“You can’t change the culture that’s evolved here; we’re not going to be able to step into people’s lives and change them drastically,’’ he said, referring to heavy drinking, casual sexual encounters, and co-ed dormitories.
                              Based on the reportage from our Freep guys, I'd bet a good amount of money that he's referring to the general culture of college life and not hockey players specifically. It's a nice trick by the Glob writer to muddy the waters a bit in her placement of this quote and her editorializing around it.

Parker just isn't that stupid generally or that naive about dealing with the media. Unless she caught him at his house at 11:30 at night and woke him up for her interview.
                              Go BU!

Comment

Originally posted by BigRedTerrier View Post
                                Actually, it should be really easy for them. They need to just respond that Coach Parker has been relieved of his duties and that one of the assitant coaches will take over for the duration of the season, watched over carefully by the university.

Anything short of that is unacceptable. No way am I going to support a team lead by a man with that kind of response to the current situation, no matter how "nice of a guy" people say he is.
                                Maybe he'll say he was misquoted. If he did say it, his days are numbered.
                                NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

Working...
                                X