Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston University 2011-2012 Part V: At least 6 more games, maybe 13... who's with us?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University 2011-2012 Part V: At least 6 more games, maybe 13... who's with

When I go to the story (online) they don't have that subheading. And this Parker quote is early on: "“I hope it’s a horrible coincidence,’’ said Parker. “I don’t want this to be the culture of our team and if it is, we’ll change it."

Sorry, I don't have a funny owl for that.
    Bugs Bunny - 96
    Gas House Gorillas - 95

Comment

• Re: Boston University 2011-2012 Part V: At least 6 more games, maybe 13... who's with

Thanks, Mookie.

Jeez...what the h*** is this??

"Parker said he thought there had already been “fabulous compliance’’ with team rules, particularly the drinking prohibition, but could not be sure players were complying all the time."

Talk about contradicting yourself. Whether he understands this or not, he should now be in "legal mode." KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT until you have an attorney present.

Comment

Parker and Gene Defillippo need to hang out and enjoy a nice hot cup of shut the **** up together.
        Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
        Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
        Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by DaveStPaul View Post
          "“I hope it’s a horrible coincidence,’’ said Parker. “I don’t want this to be the culture of our team and if it is, we’ll change it."
          Edit: Should have added: That was some of what they were referring to from the previous interview (Globe, Feb 21).
          Bugs Bunny - 96
          Gas House Gorillas - 95

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
            Parker and Gene Defillippo need to hang out and enjoy a nice hot cup of shut the **** up together.
            GDF would be brilliant in this situation. "I see Jack everyday... This is easily the most disciplined BU team I've seen in 15 years". Or simply, "It doesn't matter".
            BC Hockey 2008: NATIONAL CHAMPIONS... 2010 too now? OK then. 2012 or something? I can't keep up with this.

Anonymous Random Neg Rep Posted at 10:19 PM, 4/12/08, Moments After BC Won the National Title
            After Mom and Dad's checks stop coming, where will you be, loser?

Comment

Yeah...unless there is a BIG retraction I don't see this ending well. From my understanding Jack Parker is a good man, but there aren't going to be any free passes on this one.
              Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

so uh...there's some hockey games this weekend right?

this year is starting to feel like a bad, drawn out episode of jerry springer...

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                  Regarding BC punks, its all good. I'd be (and have) dogged them for their many scandals so you can't take it personally. Still don't know what we ever did to Westfield St's hockey program though...
                  Not sure what that last sentence even means, but as every "scandal" gets older and older and becomes less and less relevant...I'll still truly be looking forward to your oh so predictable comments about them. Keep hanging on to your glory days.

Originally posted by Parker Ranger View Post
                  http://www.boston.com/news/local/massachusetts/articles/2012/02/24/boston_university_to_investigate_hockey_culture_af ter_sex_charges_against_players_nicastro_and_trivi no/?p1=Well_Local_Links

Here it is. Not sure why he would say that, even if it is the truth.

ETA: “You can’t change the culture that’s evolved here; we’re not going to be able to step into people’s lives and change them drastically,’’ he said, referring to heavy drinking, casual sexual encounters, and co-ed dormitories.
                  Holy contradiction. When does the "taken out of context" quote appear from Parker? Has to come at some point today, no?

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
                  I know we all admire him in a way
                  Uh... *****http://i43.tinypic.com/347ve4x.jpg******
                  Haha exactly. northeastern, please speak for yourself!

Comment

Uh... *****http://i43.tinypic.com/347ve4x.jpg******
                    ..yes really (check your inner Eagle ).. all you guys..
                    GO NU HOCKEY
                    Always bullish on the future.
                    We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by Rover View Post
                      Yeah...unless there is a BIG retraction I don't see this ending well. From my understanding Jack Parker is a good man, but there aren't going to be any free passes on this one.
                      How embarrassing.
                      “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
                      Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
                      Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
                      National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                        Not sure what that last sentence even means,
                        Just that I have tremendous respect for Westfield St's stellar associate degree program in automotive servicing and typewriter repair, although I'm not sure why some of their certificate holders choose to latch onto other schools and make it look like they went to those institutions...

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

Comment

Ya, you've only attempted that "joke"...what, three times now? Five? As usual, time for some new material. Nobody is latching onto the school itself or trying to make it look like they went there, so please save that for someone it actually applies to.

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
                            But the "quote" (really an "accusation" - or the statement that says he doesn't think the culture will change) is in the Subtitle on the front page...NOT in the article itself (which is why I am wondering why they would make a statement like that in the headline and then not substantiate it (or at least embellish upon it - no wait, even BRING IT UP) in the main article...it's as if they just "throw it out there" to tantalize us or attempt to stir up controversy and then just ignore it. Not what I would call credible journalism...
                            As opposed to your student newspaper where your writers openly flirt with players and tell one sided stories? When you have two players accused of rape within ten weeks, yes, it's a sex culture at Boston U. If it happened to your friends up the street, you would say the story doesn't go far enough and accuse the Globe of a coverup. I think this could end up being the biggest off-ice story to happen to college hockey in decades. Good job.
                            Brown Bears - 2014 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Onion Man View Post
                              As opposed to your student newspaper where your writers openly flirt with players and tell one sided stories? When you have two players accused of rape within ten weeks, yes, it's a sex culture at Boston U. If it happened to your friends up the street, you would say the story doesn't go far enough and accuse the Globe of a coverup. I think this could end up being the biggest off-ice story to happen to college hockey in decades. Good job.
                              You're MISSING THE POINT. At the time I posted that, the current story was NOT in the Globe. They put a link to the WRONG article. Or can't you read with your Ivy League education? Maybe you should go back and actually READ the thread before you comment. I was commenting that they made a controversial statement in the headline and then there was NO MENTION OF IT in the article. Why don't you READ before you shoot your mouth off...

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                                Ya, you've only attempted that "joke"...what, three times now? Five? As usual, time for some new material. Nobody is latching onto the school itself or trying to make it look like they went there, so please save that for someone it actually applies to.
                                What joke? Tell us JD, for the record, where did you graduate college from?

Comment

Working...
                                X